“Well located and well maintained homey Inn in Rehoboth Beach” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   154 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
New York
“Well located and well maintained homey Inn in Rehoboth Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Atlantis Inn third week in August. I read the other reviews and I would concurr with what others have been saying. Firstly, you can't get a better location. You are on Rehoboth Avenue leading right up to the Boardwalk and beach. You are surrounded by Dunkin donughts and other novelty/souvenir and food shops and Bikes to go(bike rental) is at the corner. The staff is friendly and helpful. We stayed at the efficiency which was perfect for our needs and our toaster was broken and the desk brought us a replacement right away.
That said, I agree that housekeeping could be improved. They make the beds, change the towels and bring toiletries. If they were instructed to- and should be- they should vaccum and dust daily. The walls were full of cobwebs and behind the furniture were layers of dust. The bathroom curtain was full of mold, the vent in bathroom ceiling full of dust and I could not stop sneezing the entire stay. Old food and toys from the last guest were under the sleepaway couch suggesting floor was not cleanedin ages.

While the air conditioner was on we did not really suffer from outside noise except the occasional motorcycle. Over the weekend the crowd changed as we had drinkers and smokers next door but I would not call them drunk and they did not "party" all night either.

The pool is very small and unheated but I noticed if you got there at "off" hours" you could be assured to have the pool to yourself like 9-12 am or after 5 pm.

I defintely recommend this hotel despite the issues I experienced because all in all it was well located and nicely maintained and nothing is ever perfect. I don't think you will get a better place unless you go to the top hotel on the boardwalk which has no pool and pay top dollar.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the housekeeping issues you had during your stay. We strive for perfection with the cleanliness of our rooms but sometimes that is not always the case. I wish you would have mentioned the housekeeping issues so we could have resolved them for you immediately. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and are very sorry we fell short in your case.
We hope this will not prevent you from returning to the Atlantis Inn, we would like to prove to you that your what you experienced was very unusual.
Hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It has been a long time since I've been to a hotel like this one. I can only assume they survive due to their proximity to downtown & the beach. When was the last time you were in a hotel room and had to ask the front desk for an iron, ironing board or even a hair dryer?? Really!! The bathroom was sooo small it was difficult for one person to navigate comfortably.
I should have expected trouble after check-in experience! There were 3 women working at the desk. Two were helping my group of 6 check-in. The main person assisting us didn't seem to know what she was doing, adding the deposit to the total due for 2 rooms. We asked if they offered any discounts such as AAA or AARP. We were told yes, then the woman not helping us chimed in that we got the best rate! How would she know?? She had been dealing with other customers!
Just not too comfortable with things during our long weekend. Salvation was that we were not in the rooms very much!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we do appreciate your feedback and I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Currently we do not have irons and hair dryers in the rooms but they are certainly available to all guest through our Front Desk upon request.

I am more than a little surprised you were not happy with the check in process. I realize it took longer than usual but remember there were six people in your group who wanted to split the payment six different ways. Before we could even start that process we refunded the initial deposits for you so you could split evenly six different ways. Then the total changed yet again when one of your parties presented a AAA membership. Had this information been discussed and settled amongst the group earlier than arrival this certainly would have expedited the entire process.
Again, I apologize for the long check in process but am glad you did enjoy your stay and hope this will not prevent you from visiting Rehoboth beach again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nothing comes cheap in this world, certainly not at a prime beach town like Rehoboth, when you're looking for a combination of quality accommodations and convenience. Atlantis Inn has both.

Outdoor courtyard parking lot frees you from having to drive anywhere. You're a 10-minute walk from the beach, and 5 minutes from a number of good restaurants and drinking establishments. Let the fun begin!

The rooms are nothing special, but at least they are clean and big enough to count as comfortable. The Air Conditioning works well, but some may find it loud when they are trying to sleep. (We didn't.) There's also a hotel pool, which we didn't use.

The price during peak season is in the $250 - $300 range, so not cheap. But with all the convenience of the location, the free parking, the comfortable rooms, the hotel pool, etc, it's worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and are certainly pleased that you had a good stay!
We look forward to your next visit to Rehoboth Beach!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This property is all about expectations. On friendly service, parking in the lot before the room was ready and after checkout, location and being family-friendy, the Atlantis delivers an excellent value. During our two short stays this summer, we found the rooms to be basic, but comfortable and clean. There are few frills (they do have free WiFi), but that isn't why you stay at the Atlantis. The Atlantis isn't about luxury. You stay for the afore mentioned location - under two blocks to the beach. The beds were comfortable; the bathroom small but functional and clean; a large sink area and refrigerator were nice. Overall, the Atlantis offers a nice value for a clean room, good service and a great location.

Room Tip: Request a room farther away from Rehoboth Avenue; this way fewer people will walk past your room to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We never get tired of hearing about the convenient locations, clean rooms, the friendly staff and of course the excellent value!
We hope to see you again soon!
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We only stayed a night in this very well-maintained property at Rehoboth. We also stayed at another place much closer to the beach for $35 less, so we had a basis of comparison. Both were absolutely spotless, as clean a motel as I've ever seen. No hair dryer, but otherwise well-appointed. The bed was comfortable but a bit sqeaky.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are pleased that overall you had a pleasant stay. I am sorry you feel our prices were too high. We do try to give a good value to all of our customers. I hope that will not prevent you from staying with us again. Please check out our off season prices, you may find them hard to beat!
Hope to see you again soon!
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a nice little hotel with great, friendly service. It is about 2 blocks from the beach and right on the main strip. It's close to everything. The room was clean, and we were allowed to park in the lot before our room was ready. The only thing I didn't like was that the room entrance goes directly outside, and it is easy to hear your neighbors no matter what time of day or night they pass by. The room was nice because it had its own mini refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was very small, and the room itself is nothing luxurious, but it is comfortable and convenient! I would stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are further from the noise on main street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your kind words and are glad we were able to accommodate your needs while you were here.
Looking forward to your next visit!
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Let me first say, the staff here is very nice. The hotel is a block and a half away from the beach, but be aware they are pretty long blocks. Beds were comfy. The hotel did not meet my cleaning standards by any means. Not even close. I guess it is a matter of what you are used to or willing to live with. I spent an hour clorox wiping our room down when we checked in. There was thick dust and sticky smudges on everything. I did it myself because I am a little ocd. I let the front desk know, and asked them to vacuum and clean dirty, moldy shower. They did vacuum but tub remained the same. I didn't want to let it ruin our vacation by turning it into an issue. The property in general, elevators, etc could use a thorough, detailed cleaning. It is ok that the property is dated, but not ok to be dirty. I had a good time, but if we return to Rehoboth I would probably spend a little more for a cleaner place on the beach. If you do stay here because of price point just bring some clorox wipes and some good bath tub cleaner and just clean your room good in exchange for the lower price.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very disappointed to see that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. That is very unusual for us as we take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. Our goal is to make all of our guest 100 percent satisfied with the accommodations and I apologize that was not the case for you and your family. Hopefully you will consider giving us another opportunity on your next visit to Rehoboth Beach.

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!