“Great first Impression” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Lebanon, Pa
“Great first Impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantis Inn for the first time last July (2012). We had stayed at another hotel for the previous years, but their prices kept increasing so we took a chance on the Atlantis Inn. We were thrilled. It is closer to the boardwalk and the staff is so much nicer than at the other hotel we had stayed at for years. I just got finished booking my reservations for this summer vacation and I wanted to give them a big "thumbs up". It is a much better hotel overall for the price (location, convenience, staff, cleaniliness, etc.) The only drawback is the size of the pool, a bit on the small side. Other than that, totally worth it and I will continue to patronize this establishment in the years to come.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are certain that your upcoming visit will be as enjoyable as it was last year. We look forward to your return this summer!

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Merchantville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantis Inn for the weekend while my son was playing in a tournament at Sports at the Beach. I found the inn to be absolutely spotless, the beds incredibly comfortable, and the room larger than I expected. The staff was exceptionaly kind, caring and patient, given the fact that the place was filled with baseball players, many as young as 10. You cannot beat the location - so close to beach, and any type of restaurant you would like to experience. For as long as my son is playing baseball - and I have a feeling that is going to be a long, long time, I will stay at the Atlantis.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for such a positive review. The staff as well as myself are pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs and are grateful for your kinds words. We look forward to having you and your team stay with us again!
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I apologize for the lateness of this review. I thought I had written one when we got home in August, but only realized today when I came to look at rates for the upcoming summer season that I had not.
My adult daughter, my 2 year old grandson, and I came out in the beginning of August 2012 for a 4-day get away. This was our first time in Delaware and since I did not know the area I was pretty much booking without knowing anything about location, the hotel or the area.
The room was better than I expected based on previous stays in similarly priced hotels in SeaSide Heights and Wildwood. The floors were carpeted, the room was clean the staff was friendly. The shower worked and there was a coin laundry facility on site, definately a plus when traveling with a toddler. Parking is okay, but it is limited when there is full occupancy.
We stayed on the second floor and there was minimum noise (the amount you'd expect at a hotel). The location was great, only blocks from the boardwalk and beach. We really had no complaints and intend to stay there again this summer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the staff of the hotel as well as other potential customers. I am pleased that it was a memorable visit and one that will bring you back here. Thanks again for your kind words and we will see you this summer!
Reading, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was quite surprised with the hotel especially after reading previous reviews from past guests. I was looking forward to our stay as the reviews were very positive but that was not exactly what we experieinced when we got there. The location was excellent, the staff and housekeeping services, not so much. We do like to travel alot and now days the friendliness of the staff and the shape of the rooms are many times, my main focus. Unfortunatly this particular visit was in September of 2012. My wife and I often joke that at the end of the summer, the friendliness and atitude of most staff regardless of the hotel are probably running thin at that time. I will no doubt return as all businesses deserve a second chance anf the hotel/food service business are always difficult to keep people happy 100% of the time. So hopefully this summer, I will once again be able to enjoy the location and the staff/services will improve by then.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear William T, We appreciate you taking the time to open a trip advisor account to write this review and like you, we are very surprised and disappointed to hear you did not get the quality of customer service we are known for. First and foremost our primary goal is to provide clean rooms and a friendly staff. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the exceptional customer service that exceeds most hotels! I am not sure what the specific issues were with the staff and the rooms but would love to know so this does not happen again. Please feel free to call me personally to discuss whatever it was that disappointed you. We take any complaint seriously and would like to ensure it does not happen again to you or any future customers.
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here in October with our Doberman. I knew the room would not be 4 stars but we had a ticking fridge (we kept unplugged) and a nice size gap at the bottom of the door. The gap in the door let cigarette smoke in the room as guests sit outside and smoke. I am only speaking for the dog friendly rooms on the first floor, I am unsure how the other rooms are. We also did not have a queen size or King bed. We were stuck with two twin beds. The shower was actually very small too.The motel is in a great location with the beach blocks away and good restaurants across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while you were here.
I wish we had known about your refrigerator and the door issue while you were here because we could have easily corrected both for you.
We are a non smoking hotel but we certainly hope that our guests who do smoke outside their rooms are respectful of our non smoking guests.
We realize we are not a four star hotel but the rooms are clean, we have an excellent location and our staff and customer service exceeds most hotels!
We hope you will consider returning in the spring and please do not hesitate to let the staff know if anything is not up to your expectations, we will certainly do our best to make your stay perfect!
Rockville MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a GREAT stay at The Atlantis Inn as usual.
The annual Seawitch Festival was a blast also.
Third year in a row and already booked next year.
Penny, the manager is wonderful. The rest of the staff were always pleasant too!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for being such a loyal returning customer! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay even with the threat of Hurricane Sandy hanging over us.
We are looking forward to seeing you next year!
Thanks again for the kudos!!
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent the weekend at the Atlantis in Rehoboth Beach, DE. It was a last minute decision and the Atlantis had availablity at moderate price for beach hotels - the only other availabity was from higher end locaitons about 2x the price. We've seen this hotel many times but never stayed there and we were pleasantly suprised. The location is fantastic, one block off of the beach block making anything in Rehoboth in walking distance. There was plenty of parking for hotel guests. The pool was closed but the pool deck was very nice, it's on the 3rd floor and overlooks Rehobeth
Ave. The lobby is tiny but well decorated. The staff were extremely helpful and nice. There is one central elevator that could slow things up a bit. Ice machine and snacks are on every other floor. No coffee makers in the room but there was complimentary coffee in the lobby each morning, it wasn't the best coffee, but Dunkin Donuts is right around the corner. We were there during greyhound weekend which means there are a lot of dogs in town. The hotel did accept dogs for an additional fee. The downside is there is lots of howling and barking during a weekend like this as people left their dogs in their room while they went out. We stayed in room 319 which was an awesome room very clean, seemed to be recently updated, the pool deck was close by, flat screen tv, mini fridge and microwave. We really liked the room, but there were a bunch of dogs howling right below us so we aske to move. Our new location was room 310 same floor but on the other side of the hotel. This room was better from a dog barking perspective but not as clean as the first and less updated. The 2nd room had an older a/c unit, older tube style tv, broken microwave, and plain style sink insteady of marble style in the first room. It was quieter so we were happy, but it required us to do a once over cleaning in it. Overall we like this location, we like the staff, we like the parking, we like the pool area, we like the price, and only recommendation would be to ask if your room is one of the updated versions with the new a/c and new flat screen tv.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that was recently updated with the new tv and a/c. Also if you like the pool/terrace...