“Great location, medocre motel.” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   154 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Long Island New York
“Great location, medocre motel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This property has an excellent location, close to everything. That is what you are paying for.
It's convenient, we go with about 10 couples every year.... and we all stay here.
We go for Greyhound weekend. This last trip upper management has made it clear they don't especially like or want to have us(Greyhound owners) as guests. The rates & pets fees just keep escalating and upper management leaves a "memo" for the desk clerks to hand out. Upper management is not caring enough to visit to support or help the staff during a tense time.
Rates starting @ $159 & up for Columbus weekend. plus 25 per night per pet. Purely profit motivated. They obviously don't use the money to do appropriate cleaning, the rooms need more than a simple carpet shampoo! Granted you will need to clean after dogs stay, but that doesn't mean I should have to stay in a dirty room beacause you claim/plan to clean when we leave.

We have found:-
-no iron or ironing board
-no in room coffee makers
-TV's so old the picture is blurry & difficult to watch
-old/soft mattresses
-soap scum & dirt in tub/shower
-stains on ceilings
-dirty refrigerator
- dust so thick you could easily write in it
-whomever cleans, they don't clean thoroughly, there is a ring of dirt around the room, carpets are clean, but only to within 2" of the walls
-the HVAC vents were moldy & mildewed
-there was a "Tums" on the base of the AC unit, that was clearly visible when entering the room, yet it remains in place

I could go on, but I think the picture is clear.

During our stay we noticed one night, there were only 5 sooms occupied. And on a 4 day holiday weekend, they only sold out one night. What does that indicate?

Room Tip: In season, you want a room in the "front" away from the pool deck. They are supposed to re...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ChrisBerg, Director of Operations at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you, LukeGildaGreyhound, for taking the time to submit your feedback on your recent stay. We certainly appreciate you and your group returning to our property for this fun weekend again this year. This is a weekend the whole staff looks forward to – they really enjoy meeting all the hounds, big and small! As “upper management”, and someone present on property multiple times throughout event, I thought I would take the time to respond as you feel we have an unappreciative and unsympathetic feeling towards Greyhound owners.
First, I thank you pointing out our excellent location, and for the fact that we don’t provide an iron/board or coffee makers in the rooms. These have never been room-stocked amenities in the past as you’d certainly recall from your prior visits to the property. However, I’m very disappointed to hear you may have experienced any housekeeping inconsistencies, and very surprised to hear about all the items you listed as there were no housekeeping concerns brought to the front desk’s attention all weekend. The only complaints we received were about the dogs and their barking/rooing. I would have hoped if you experienced any housekeeping issues, you would have brought them to someone’s attention so they could have immediately been remedied. These concerns would seem an isolated issue as you indicated you were a guest multiple times and it would be my hope that you’d feel comfortable enough at this point to approach us if anything was out of the norm.
I’m not sure why you feel the [upper management] doesn’t care for you as guests? For decades, we’ve made exceptions to rules and rates for this weekend exclusive to its participants. As attendance has waned with Greyhounds Reach the Beach participants, and we’ve made way for individual guests and other event attendees for the holiday weekend, we’re simply applying the same rules which affect ANY other dog owner who wishes to bring their dog to the property. If you’re unhappy that you’re now being held to the same standard as any other guest, I can understand that, but your assessment of me is simply unfair. This policy ensures fairness to all dog owners and that’s the right thing to do.
You are also correct. Rates did increase $5 this year, for this weekend, for the first time in 2 years. Again, this is what’s fair as this is what other guests pay to stay for the holiday weekend, and reasonable considering how utility, linen, insurance and labor costs have risen. Additionally, you’ll find our rates are in line with the rest of the area hotels, especially given it was a holiday weekend. The purpose of the “memo” was to quickly address the policy changes so there was no discrepancy moving forward about what the hotel rules were and to assist GRTB guests with their decision for their 2013 booking. This was our attempt to be proactive with information, not simply to create a tense situation. Contrary to your feedback, both the owner and I were present each day of the event/weekend, and both had this very discussion with attendees. Clearly you were not one we had the opportunity to speak with.
In closing, I’d like to address your misconception about our occupancy that weekend, and being sold out just the one night. You may recall it was forecasted all week to expect rain over the weekend. Well, it rained, unfortunately, and generally people don’t enjoy coming to the beach when it rains. In fact, due to the weather, no one had a sold out holiday weekend in Rehoboth or Dewey according to the Chamber of Commerce. Ordinarily, and weather permitting, this weekend is a sell-out for the whole area.
I apologize for the long response but I wanted to be sure to address your feedback fairly and honestly. I hope you will consider reaching out to the hotel, or me directly, to discuss your housekeeping concerns so we can ensure it was an isolated incident. Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you safe travels.
Chris Berg
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having been here for a number of years staying at different inns - Atlantis Inn is by far our favorite. The location, quiet rooms & comfortable beds made for a wonderful stay. We are making out reservations to stay here again next year before we leave this week!

• Stayed October 2012
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Glad that you finally found us and enjoyed our hotel so much. We certainly enjoyed having you and are looking forward to seeing you again next year!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Staying in Rehoboth on a weekend during the summer season always requires you to book for two nights as a minimum. We thought this rule would not be applicable during the post-Labor Day period. We were wrong! All hotels still insisted on this requirement, which was not an option to us. So we waited till one hotel "blinked first"--and this was the Atlantis Inn. And so they got our and our friends' business. Other hotels only returned emails and calls much later. I am not sure that this is smart business behavior during the off-season.

In any case, we liked the Atlantis Inn. Its location can hardly be beat, right in the middle of Rehoboth. Parking was easy, check-in and -out were super fast and efficient, and the rooms were very spacious and clean. And the price was fair relative to what was offered.

We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. We are very happy that you were able to take advantage of our one night stay option! Thanks for mentioning our great location, efficient customer service and our clean rooms! We love hearing that!
Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again.
Blandon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for a week the last two August's, and have already put our room on hold for next year. The location is perfect - a short walk to the beach, amusement park, and all the restaurants and pubs. You can park your car and not move it the entire time you are there. Rooms are decent sized for a family of four, clean, and beds are comfortable. Staff has been very helpful both times we have stayed there. The only negative I could mention is the bathrooms are starting to look a little rough. A remodel of the bathrooms would have made this a 5 star rating instead of a 4 star rating. Regardless, we are very pleased with out experiences at this hotel and would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We never get tired of hearing about our great location, clean rooms and our friendly staff! We certainly appreciate all of our customers but especially the loyal ones that return on a regular basis. We look forward to your return visit next year!
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here in August. It was clean and close to the beach so you can walk and bring your chairs/etc. The food in the area was tasty and shopping was fun. Lots of touristy places with a few independent stores thrown in. I bought a lovely marcasite antique bracelet in a store that didnt seem to carry it.

Room Tip: I thought the rooms would be noisy since the hotel is right on the main road. We were facing a back...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! It sounds like you and your family took advantage of everything Rehoboth Beach has to offer. I am glad we helped make your vacation a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you next year!
easton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

my partner and i stayed at the Atlantis Inn for 2 nites the week befor Labor Day and it was just fine! the room was large (with a small dining table and chairs) but very clean! yeah, the bathroom is small, but i dont use the bathroom for disco or ballroom dancing. it too was very clean, with fresh towels each day. and someone complained becuz of the lack of a large flat TV...i also dont go to the beach to watch TV while i disco in the bathroom. the pool upstairs is convenient with lounge chairs for sunning if u dont want to drag to the beach...which i didnt. the front desk staff is very friendly, concerned, and helpful. but most important is the location, location, location! cant be beat for shopping or restaurants. right behind the Atlantis is the Henlopen Oyster restaurant. which is also great! (read my review on it too).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review! The staff and I are pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs and are grateful for your kind words. I am glad you found the staff helpful and we never get tired of hearing about our awesome location.
Thanks again and we look forward to serving you for many years to come!
New Canaan, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Like my title says, I have been staying at this hotel for the last 17 years. We started out with 6 of us going in the beginning and grew to 14 one year (we average about 6 ppl each year). This year it was just my sister and I.
I was a bit perplexed at check in when the guy checking us in asked if we had been their before. That left a horrible taste in my mouth. For someone who has been staying here for 17 years I would think that their system would be able to tell them that and I would get a "welcome back". The guy was really friendly and nice so I do not blame him for it.
I have read the reviews on here and really cannot understand how everyone is saying the place is clean. It could have been an off day for our housekeeper but all she did was throw the comforter back on the bed and empty the garbage cans. We stayed in room 318(my bday) from 8/25-30th. no vacuum or anything. We even went oudoubts bought toilet paper cause it was not replaced one day. Once she saw that we bought toilet paper she never gave us another roll.

The pool lounge chairs need to be replaced really bad. The new floor looks great and the guy who takes care of the place is great. But, they seriously NEED to change the covers. There are about 23 lounge chairs so replacing them is not a huge amount of money.

All and all I will continue to stay here as its close to everything and it's a great place. But, PLEASE change those lounge cushions. Lol

See u next year, same weekend same room number.

• Stayed August 2012
AtlantisInn, Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage over the past years. Your loyalty to the Atlantis Inn has been very much appreciated and that is why it's very distressing to read your review.
You are correct in saying we should know our returning guests, especially those who have been coming here for 17 years! I apologize for not acknowledging that fact while you were checking in and I am currently in the process of implementing a better procedure so that this does not happen again to any of our loyal customers such as yourself.
We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and are very disappointed to hear you were not happy with your housekeeping service during your entire stay. I wish you had mentioned something to the front desk staff because we certainly would have made sure your room was cleaned to your satisfaction. I also apologize that you felt the need to buy toilet paper. We take full responsibility for not stocking enough in your room but we always have plenty of toilet paper and any other amenities available for all of our guests.
Some of our pool chairs and cushions did take a beating this summer and we will replace the bad ones like we do every year.
Thanks again for taking the time to let us know the issues you had and thank you for not letting this prevent you from coming back in the future! Just remember, please let us know while you are here if you need anything so that this does not happen again.
We look forward to seeing you next August and will make sure you get the same room!

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!