“Good location and value” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Labor Day Weekend Savings
Ranked #10 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Good location and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here for the last few summers. No, it's not a 5 star hotel, it's a beach hotel. It's an easy walk to the beach, shops, and restaurants. The rooms are a good size, clean, and the beds are comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. The manager, Penny, is the best. I'll stay here again and would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed August 2011
, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review! We certainly appreciate all of our customers but especially the loyal ones like you that return on a regular basis. We are already looking forward to your next visit!

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice hotel for a quick get-away. We searched from the Jersey Shore to OCMD and settled on The Atlantis in Rehoboth, DE. The price was reasonable (we did the mid-week special), it was walking distance to the beach, and had a pool. We arrived in Rehoboth around noon on Sunday. Normal check-in time is 3pm, so our room was not ready. The friendly woman at the front desk gave us a parking pass and like another reviewer mentioned, took our cell phone number to call when the room was ready. We parked the car and walked a few blocks up to Dogfish for a beer tasting. I mean, what else do you do in 100 degree weather?! We received a phone call around 2 saying our room was ready. After lugging all of our things into the room (all luggage carts in use) we were so thankful that someone had turned the AC on in the room. What an amazing surprise!
We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but it was spotless (Thanks, Debbie!), the shower looked new(er), and the bedding was super comfortable. The fridge and microwave were an added bonus. Perfect for keeping our beer cool, and warming up leftover dinners for lunch.
The pool area wasn't very large, but I never had a problem finding a lounge chair in the sun. Overall, we had a fabulous vacation, and will be back next summer!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is pet-free and the same level as the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for such a positive review. The staff and myself are pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs and grateful for your kind words! I would like to especially thank you for mentioning one of our hard working housekeepers by name. Debbie was very pleased to be acknowledged in your review.
Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Having walked and driven by this hotel many times while in Rehoboth, I was pleasantly surprised when I booked and completed my first stay here. Connor was very polite when booking my reservation and I recieved a confirmation email within minutes of our conversation. I knew we would get into town before check in, and he explained that we could use the parking lot early. After check out we were able to park until 3pm. Nice way to save quarters!

When my boyfriend and I arrived, not only were we able to park, but the friendly front desk staff took my cell phone number and called when my room was ready. This call came much earlier than expected and was welcome relief from the 100 degree temps.

The room was clean and the AC was cranked when we checked in. After cooling down, we hit the pool and sundeck. It is not huge, but understandable given the beach being so close. Nice view of Rehoboth Avenue.

The Atlantis Inn will stay on my list of places to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and mentioning one of our team members by name! Connor and the rest of our staff take pride in providing the best customer service possible and it's great to be recognized for our efforts!
I am pleased that is was a memorable visit and one that will bring you back in the future!
Rosedale, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is our second time staying here. Once again the staff was super friendly and very attentive. We truly enjoyed it. Our room was clean and very inviting. The hotel is located in a prime spot. No paying meters to go to the beach or do some shopping. The only small problem I have is I would like to see the Atlantis Inn put some added security to the doors (like chains) I only say this because I have a small daughter who almost ran out the door one morning by herself. Other than that we had a wonderful stay again and plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I am pleased that is was a memorable visit and one that will bring you back time and time again in the future.
I certainly understand your concerns about having extra security for your children. Next year please request a security chain for your room and we will make sure you get one.
See you next year!!
Central Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just stayed 5 nights at the Atlantis with my wife and daughter and was pleasantly surprised. A nice motel at a fair price, the Atlantis is clean, convenient, and even has a small pool. The room was basic but did have a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The facility isn't new, but is well maintained with a very pleasant and helpful staff. It is right on Rehoboth Ave less than 2 blocks from the beach and among the shops and restaurants, a very convenient place to be. All in all a nice place to stay.

, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi Anthony A,

Thank you so much for your kinds words! We never get tired of hearing about our convenient location and clean rooms. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for a long weekend in June, 2012. The Atlantis was extremely convenient to the main shopping and restaurants on Rehoboth Ave, the boardwalk, and the beach. The complimentary parking and coffee in the morning were nice touches, and the small rooftop pool and sun area were pleasant. Our room was pretty worn-out looking and not particularly clean. Someone had ground out cigarette butts on the walkway outside our door, and they remained there throughout our visit. We found the rates in-line with our hotels in the area, but we still had a bit of sticker shock, in that we have stayed in the Caribbean on St. John and Grand Cayman for an equal cost. We would return here if we got a good deal. Ask for an end room, we found ours to be quiet.

, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you, Katec, for your review! We certainly appreciate the feedback and that you've highlighted so many features and benefits about the property. I would love to invite you back and show that your experience on the housekeeping side is atypical of our hotel.

While you didn't elaborate on the specific cleanliness issues inside the room, I am concerend about the walkway and the "butts" you mentioned outside your room. I do hope you mentioned this and any other housekeeping deficiency you experienced to my staff. Our goal is to provide complete satisfaction so if anything is ever not up to your expectation, we want to know so we can promptly address it. If you did not mention your concerns to the desk team, I would sincerely appreciate you reaching back out to me so we can discuss them and allow me the opportunity to help make this right for you.

You are correct regarding the rates. As with any seasonal and/or beach property, rates will be significantly higher during their peak season. Unfortunately, Rehoboth and the Atlantis Inn are no exception. However, I would recommend checking out our property in September or October when you'll find rates are significantly less, yet the weather is beautiful and all the area businesses are still open. It's simply the most wonderful time of the year to be at the beach!

Thank you again for your feedback and for being our guest - we truly value your input. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you to Rehoboth Beach.
Churchville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed this past weekend, June 23, 2012. We checked in dropped our bags headed to the beach and didn't return until late in the evening. All seemed fine until we went to shower the next morning only to discover the shower tub was filthy, tiles have mold, and the shower curtain also was extremely dirty and had growing mold. We spoke to the women who runs the front desk and asked for compensation to which her response was "I'm sorry...you should have told me and I would have had the room cleaned".. Problem is, she was the one who checked on the room when it wasn't ready for our check-in. All we wanted was a fair credit yet she refused to even look me in the eye and speak to me. Really, A sincerely nasty person who completely ignored her customer You can do much better for the money people.

Room Tip: don't stay there and you will not have any problem.
, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Scott E,

I have read your review and would like to clarify a few things. When you came to the desk to check out, you informed me your shower curtain was dirty, for which I apologized and had hoped to obtain more information from you. It was clear from your immediate reaction, and the lobby full of now-frightened guests, that my apology made you angry. Your aggressive behavior, with the screaming and yelling, not only scared me but the many who witnessed this transaction. My apology no sooner left my mouth before you said "That's all you got?" No sir, the conversation wasn't meant to end at that point, but your physical aggression frankly frightened me and I had to step back as I felt the situation was out of my control. I have been doing this for over 25 years and have never had anyone try to intimidate and bully me like that before. If you had allowed me the opportunity to respond I would have followed procedure and gone to your room while you were on property. I was in a position to advocate for you and make this right, but you seemed insistent on belitting me in front of other guests. In light of your behavior, and your refusal to allow me to see the bathroom with you at that moment, I provided you with the best apology and resolution you afforded me.

Immediately after you checked out, I did go to the room and found that your concerns about the shower curtain were justified. Had we known about the curtain earlier, we would have been happy to fix this oversight at any time during your stay without the need for reaching that level of escalation. I do not have a good phone number for you or I would have called you after allowing you some time to calm down to discuss further resolution. Additionally, you left behind two phone chargers which we would like to return to you.

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!