“A Clean and Nicely Renovated Hotel, Pet-friendly” 4 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36012 Airport Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Maryland
“A Clean and Nicely Renovated Hotel, Pet-friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel since one of the couples in our group needed a pet-friendly place. The green shingles looked new but since the hotel was off the beaten path, at first I was not sure how the interior would be. It was a nice surprise to enter the lobby and see the bright and clean decor with muted colors - perfect after a day at the beach. The staff was friendly and the rooms were great. We could hear folks in another room through the walls, but it was only when they were laughing loudly. We didn't partake of the breakfast, but it looked great and plenty of people were enjoying it.

Room Tip: Our second floor room had a jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a quaint little hotel just off Route 1 in Rehobath Beach. It was a little hard to find, didn't get the best of directions from Mapquest. I called the hotel and Janine the front desk clerk, was able to give us directions. The room my wife and I booked was a King with whirlpool and sleeper sofa. No problems. The TV was fuzzy on a couple of channels, but no big deal. Breakfast choices were adequate with hot and cold cereal, juice, bagels, muffins, breafast sandwiches and yogurt. Didn't take advantage of the pool, but the whirlpool in the room was great. Overall, my wife and I would stay there again and I would especially like to thank Janine for being so nice and helping us with a smile. She was great. We definitely will be going back.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room because there are no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place offers a great value and welcomes pets for a small fee. There is also a good selection of breakfast food and always coffee available. There are some outlet stores literally across the street and close by restaurants. There is also a small indoor pool. We stayed here several times and always felt welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

One year ago I reviewed this pet-friendly hotel and found it far inferior to other choices here. Well, they just completed a major renovation and it is a nice improvement. Still has a weak wi-fi, fuzzy reception on its TVs and a noisy lobby, but I'd come back when I want to bring the pup to the beach.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Somerset, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family & I recently stayed 4nts at this Americinn Lodge in Rehoboth Beach. Everything about it was awful and in hindsight, we should have left and gone to any other nearby hotel. We had a 2room king suite with pullout sofa. Room was on 2nd flr, no elevator so had to carry luggage upstairs (no offer of help) Carpet on stairs noticeably dirty. Sofa bed had no bedding. Bathroom had NO TOWELS. We called downstairs and they gave us one bottom sheet & one blanket for sofa bed. They said they had NO MORE PILLOWS! Mattress on sofa was disgustingly stained. All night long we could hear the pool generator/motor below our room - Noisy. Breakfast Buffet was totally false advertising. No Hot eggs, bacon,sausage,ham, waffles, biscuits or even juice! frozen burittos & microwave, bagels & toaster! Had to ask for towels everyday as none were ever replaced after maid svc. Lobby carpet was NEVER Cleaned in 5 days!! same dirt!!! Front desk & staff all used same excuse that hotel was under renovation. Never saw any construction in 5days. just boxes of new furniture sitting in lobby. This place was like a flophouse!!! spend extra 30bucks and stay at Comfort Inn up the street!! or ANYWERE ELSE!!!

Room Tip: no positive tip to offer other than "don't stay here"
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

What a lovely hotel. This is our second stay and we were welcomed with a cheery smile and able to check in early. The breakfast is good. lots of coffee both in the room and in the lobby. We used the pool and whirlpool but sadly the sauna was out of service. The hotel is in a great location for the shops and the beach. Good clean, quiet rooms. The Americinn chain is good as we have used a couple of others in the past.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Berwyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Although they were in the middle of remodeling, the stay itself was fine - clean rooms, friendly staff, etc. However, my two biggest complaints would be 1) the choppy internet connection and 2) the inexplicable charges upon check-out. I booked a room a month and a half in advance and was quoted a certain amount, but that was not the amount I was charged. I will take partial blame for not taking a closer look at my bill when checking out, but I've never been charged more than a price quoted unless I actually took advantage of some type of service, which I did not in this instance. I only discovered a few days later when looking over my accounts that I was charged 15% more than I was led to expect. I would have selected either a different room or different hotel had I known what I was actually going to be charged.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!