“It was just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
New Castle, Delaware
“It was just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Was told upon arrival that our room was on the 2nd floor and that there was no elevator. So, if you have difficulty with stairs or are in a wheelchair, ask for 1st floor room when making reservations. Rooms were very clean and neat, good appearance. Pool area and hot tub areas were also very clean and neat. Be aware that kids under 16 are not allowed in the hot tub even with an adult. (this was disappointing to my 12 year old grand daughter). Also, after 10 pm no kids are allowed in the pool area, only adults. Free coffee is available 24 hours a day, so if you are a coffee lover you'll love that aspect. Lobby area was nice with the fire place. They advertise a free breakfast of waffle, sausage, and pastries. Please know that you aren't served or waited on. You make your own waffles, and heat up the prepared omlets and nasty bacon in the microwave. They also had cereal, OJ, tea, and muffins/pastries. Not a bad place to stay, however for off season I thought the rates were a bit high compared to other similar hotels in the immediate area.

Room Tip: Choose first floor if you are unable to use stairs. And go out for breakfast if you want a good bre...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Strasburg, PA. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I always choose this hotel when I visit Rehobeth Beach. Great service, great people, great accomodations plus it has an inside heated poot and jacuzzi. Waffles or eggs and bacon for breakfast as well as pastries, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs or yogart. Cereal is also an option. Can't beat it for the price of the rooms.

Room Tip: Second floor at the Rehobeth Beach is my favorite. No pets allowed on that floor. But I never hear...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rehoboth Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice Motel. Great price, room was clean and beds comfortable. Friendly staff. Always like the waffles and juices. Great value at the beach. Would like to stay again in a King with whirlpool tub and fireplace.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were amazingly please with this Hotel.
I want to take my dog, but I don't want a flea infested, smelly dog in the room before me. There was no sign of Dog anywhere in the Hotel.
I choose this place because of the Photo of the Fireplace in the lobby, and it was a great choice. We sat by the fire a few night, and had it all to ourselves. Dogs not welcome in the Food area.
The breakfast consist of fresh Waffels everyday. Bagels, bread, english muffins, danish and muffins. Egg and meat choice different every 3-4 days; heat in the microwave. Yogurt, fresh fruit, and canned fruit choices. Cereals, apple and orange juice, coffee, and teas. Coffee and tea available all the time, and some flavored syrups too.
I loved the pool and hot tub, pool area was very clean, and open from 7:00am to 12:00am.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms on the first floor are for Dogs.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

When Travelling we usually stay at another well known Inn company but, just for once, we decided to stay at this AmericInn, as other writer's seemed to like it. This is a dog friendly Inn and we kind of wanted to get the feel of the place for other family member's who have dogs, somewhere for the future we thought, we don't have any pets but chose a room up on the second floor where they don't allow dogs, just incase. I signed up on line for their membership awards and booked the room on line at the same time.
We chose a two room suite with a King bed (firm), two night stands, small dining table with two chairs, flat t.v. storage drawers, mini fridge, mini microwave, bath, overhead shower, toilet and hand basin, iron/board, hairdryer, closet and plenty of lighting.
Through the French doors in to a small second room was a sleeper sofa (basic) coffee table, night stand, another flat t.v. and a large hot tub, this suite overlooked the car park and the main road in the distance but far enough away to avoid the traffic noise. We loved the fact that the windows had an 8" opening with mosquito sliders, which allowed fresh air at night as we hate warm bedrooms at night..
The Inn provides a large 3ft to 5ft depth tepid pool and a 12 person heated jacuzzi, which was wonderful and just over the other side of this area is a pool table for a $1 coin charge I think it was, but you have to get the white ball and chalk from the desk in the lobby. There is one changing room, toilet, hand basin and shower by the pool.
I seem to remember that there is a Fitness centre use somewhere else, not sure, ask.
Breakfast was between 6am and 10am, just the usual cereals, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, waffles, microwave sausage patties, eggs, coffee, tea, juice etc., a nice little lounge area and a computer for Inn guests.
We went out of season to do three days worth of Christmas shopping and visit family who are having a house built so, what the place is like when full of dogs I don't have a clue, we only saw one.
Found the place very clean, really nice staff and no smell of dog anywhere and yes we would and will be staying there again.
The full price for the suite on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night over the middle of December 2012 was $342:36, this included their State Lodging Tax. We do not have AAA or any other discounts like that.
Please notice: There are only stairs to the second floor, no lift.
All in all, a very good experience.

Room Tip: Don't worry about dog hairs in the jacuzzi's they are not allowed on the 2nd floor and we ne...
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were looking for a budget friendly hotel in the Rehoboth Beach area that accepted dogs for the Rehoboth Marathon weekend. I booked this hotel and crossed my fingers. We were pleasantly surprised at the hotel. About the rooms: Very clean, good sized (we had two queen beds and there was plenty of room for the kids to play on the floor), nice square table with 2 chairs in corner, small fridge and small microwave. Clean and neat bathroom. Lobby: I was concerned about the lobby b/c the picture online of the fireplace in the lobby really could have depicted a musty nasty place (IMO), BUT, the lobby/seating area at the front was warm and inviting. Breakfast: make your own waffles, 3 types of cold cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, muffins/bagels/pastries, etc. Simple and easy and well presented. The only downside is the location is not in the downtown part of Rehoboth, but that is why it is less than the boutique hotels down there. The pet fee was only $25 which was reasonable. The rooms were also very quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pikesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Rehoboth AmericInn many times a year and I so enjoy the quiet, the closeness to all my fav spots, and the staff. Noel & Rose in particular have become very close to me. They take GREAT care of me whenever I come. They make it their business to make my vacation getaway the best each time I come. My two little Poodles and I snuggle and catch up on TV and DVDs to the quietness of this establishment. I soak in the tub, sleep in, help myself to awesome breakfast and coffee every AM....what more could I want.

I have treated my Mom to a getaway weekend before here too. And, I have had one of my closest friends stay with me one night as well. AmericInn has ALWAYS been a fabulous retreat for me. I am THANKFUL to the staff for taking such good care of me and ALWAYS welcoming me with a hug and a smile. A real HOME away from HOME! Happy relaxing times to all who go!

Room Tip: I have stayed on both sides of the hallway and upstairs as well. I have NEVER had a bad experience...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!