“beyond expectacion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“beyond expectacion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

i stayed here on 7/28 till 8/1 2012 and had an awesome stay. friendly staff,free coffee that always tasted freshly made,computer in the lobby that was available 24/7,they also had a nice pool and a laundry room. i really liked my room with flat screen tv,and ac worked great. there were no bed bugs,i checked. it was definitely more that we expected for less than $33 a person per night!!!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sellersburg, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here to be close to Rehoboth Beach and was glad the front desk had rolls of quarters for the meters at the beach!
My kids loved the breakfast...1st time we had bacon at a hotel breakfast!
This hotel does accept pets (we didn't have one) and that didn't bother us except a dog was barking for hours non stop. However...when we notified the front desk, the situation was resolved. Other than the dog bark, the rooms are sooooo quiet...feels like we were the only ones staying there!
Very large pool...kids loved it!

Jonestown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel for $150 a night mid season.

The pros: breakfast, the pool, the jacuzzi, pretty quite, friendly staff, easy access to everything rehoboth or dewey.

The cons: our shower head was screaming every time you turned it on, we had noisey unattended junior high baseball players running through the hall our last night (not really the staffs orhotels fault). Werent thrilled we booked with hotels.com

Overall we will go here again and enjoyed our trip

Room Tip: Get a personal jacuzzi in your room for $10 more a night
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Pros: sound proof was excellent. Couldn't hear anything from next door or upstairs

Cons:
1. Mildew odor
2. Terrible shampoo/conditioner
3. 100 years old mattress with broken box spring. I will post pictures.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were booked into this hotel by my son's travel sports team. I didn't choose it on my own. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very helpful and extremely friendly. My room was clean - yes, I checked for bed bugs, and no, I didn't find any. The beds were VERY comfortable, as were the pillows. I know that may sound a little silly, but I've stayed in some very expensive hotels and the pillows were horrible! This was not the case here. I had a good sleep. The air conditioner worked great in the room and it was over 100 degrees outside.

Breakfast was included and it was quite nice. My son and the other kids on the team loved making their own waffles. I had toast and a hard boiled egg. They had cereal, yogurt, granola bars, pastries, microwavable bacon (the kids ate it and said it was good!) and juice. Complementary coffee was available in the lobby 24/7.

The hotel, itself, reminded me of a Motel, but I wasn't lacking for anything. It's off the main strip, just behind a Food Lion Supermarket, which was quite convenient.

The only "negatives" would be that it was a bit far from the beach. In fact, we never got to the beach due to our sports schedule. Another neg was the soap and shampoo (I forgot mine at home) was horrible. They really need to change vendors on that. Lastly, while I appreciated the washer and dryer that was available ($1.50 each), there was only one and there were many rooms in the hotel and we were there with a large team and needed to wash uniforms. I ended up washing things by hand in the bathtub and waiting for the dryer till all hours in the morning.

All in all, I wasn't disappointed. This is a decent hotel in a very crowded beach town.

Springfield, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I visit Rehoboth Beach every year, and our main goal is a clean, affordable place to sleep and shower. After all, you're going to spend most of your time at the beach or out having a meal. A beach hotel doesn't have to be fabulous; it just has to be good. This is the fifth place motel we have stayed at in Rehoboth Beach in the past 10 years having moved on from places that became too expensive when the rates were raised or declined in quality as the years went.

This was our first stay at the AmericInn after our previous favorite raised the nightly rates by $70 from last summer. We were not disappointed. The decor is a little dated, and I would love to see all motels replace the bulletproof polyester bedspreads with duvets, but our room was spacious and very clean. The large indoor pool was an added bonus. The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway and is a short drive into town. The staff was friendly and helfpul, and check-in was a breeze.

My only complaint is that the hotel is pet-friendly, and there was someone staying in a nearby room who was clearly leaving a small, yappy dog unattended in their room. Fortunately, the parking was muted once we got inside our room.
We will definitely be looking at the AmericInn for next year's beach trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor -- I don't think that they have an elevator for the second flo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice hotel. very clean, breakfast was adequate. Hotel is pet friendly so if you do not want to hear dogs barking stay on the second floor. Would stay there again on the second floor. Close to everything and quick drive to beach.

Room Tip: Second Floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!