“Clean, affordable, nice amenities” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36012 Airport Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Jonestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Clean, affordable, nice amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel for $150 a night mid season.

The pros: breakfast, the pool, the jacuzzi, pretty quite, friendly staff, easy access to everything rehoboth or dewey.

The cons: our shower head was screaming every time you turned it on, we had noisey unattended junior high baseball players running through the hall our last night (not really the staffs orhotels fault). Werent thrilled we booked with hotels.com

Overall we will go here again and enjoyed our trip

Room Tip: Get a personal jacuzzi in your room for $10 more a night
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Pros: sound proof was excellent. Couldn't hear anything from next door or upstairs

Cons:
1. Mildew odor
2. Terrible shampoo/conditioner
3. 100 years old mattress with broken box spring. I will post pictures.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were booked into this hotel by my son's travel sports team. I didn't choose it on my own. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very helpful and extremely friendly. My room was clean - yes, I checked for bed bugs, and no, I didn't find any. The beds were VERY comfortable, as were the pillows. I know that may sound a little silly, but I've stayed in some very expensive hotels and the pillows were horrible! This was not the case here. I had a good sleep. The air conditioner worked great in the room and it was over 100 degrees outside.

Breakfast was included and it was quite nice. My son and the other kids on the team loved making their own waffles. I had toast and a hard boiled egg. They had cereal, yogurt, granola bars, pastries, microwavable bacon (the kids ate it and said it was good!) and juice. Complementary coffee was available in the lobby 24/7.

The hotel, itself, reminded me of a Motel, but I wasn't lacking for anything. It's off the main strip, just behind a Food Lion Supermarket, which was quite convenient.

The only "negatives" would be that it was a bit far from the beach. In fact, we never got to the beach due to our sports schedule. Another neg was the soap and shampoo (I forgot mine at home) was horrible. They really need to change vendors on that. Lastly, while I appreciated the washer and dryer that was available ($1.50 each), there was only one and there were many rooms in the hotel and we were there with a large team and needed to wash uniforms. I ended up washing things by hand in the bathtub and waiting for the dryer till all hours in the morning.

All in all, I wasn't disappointed. This is a decent hotel in a very crowded beach town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I visit Rehoboth Beach every year, and our main goal is a clean, affordable place to sleep and shower. After all, you're going to spend most of your time at the beach or out having a meal. A beach hotel doesn't have to be fabulous; it just has to be good. This is the fifth place motel we have stayed at in Rehoboth Beach in the past 10 years having moved on from places that became too expensive when the rates were raised or declined in quality as the years went.

This was our first stay at the AmericInn after our previous favorite raised the nightly rates by $70 from last summer. We were not disappointed. The decor is a little dated, and I would love to see all motels replace the bulletproof polyester bedspreads with duvets, but our room was spacious and very clean. The large indoor pool was an added bonus. The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway and is a short drive into town. The staff was friendly and helfpul, and check-in was a breeze.

My only complaint is that the hotel is pet-friendly, and there was someone staying in a nearby room who was clearly leaving a small, yappy dog unattended in their room. Fortunately, the parking was muted once we got inside our room.
We will definitely be looking at the AmericInn for next year's beach trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor -- I don't think that they have an elevator for the second flo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice hotel. very clean, breakfast was adequate. Hotel is pet friendly so if you do not want to hear dogs barking stay on the second floor. Would stay there again on the second floor. Close to everything and quick drive to beach.

Room Tip: Second Floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I really enjoyed my my stay at this hotel. It is located near the Tanger outlets and close to the beach. The hospitality of the staff was very good and I have never been in such a clean hotel.I enjoyed swimming in a heated pool and you could see the bottom of the pool and hot tub. No dirt in either one of them. This was a very dog friendly hotel. My pets were confortable there and the office even had treats it the lobby for them to enjoy. The breakfest was enjoyable. I will return in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Scored a fantastic deal on hotels.com two weeks before trip.
The hotel is adequate. Nothing overly wonderful. Nothing overly lousy. Good size room. Nice indoor pool. Whirlpool in room was fun for the kids.
Breakfast included. Great location convenient to just about any store you would ever need. Only one chair in the room was not so fun. Black or brown carpet everywhere gave me a bit of the heebie jeebies but it wasn't overly worn. If you are looking for a good location and reasonable rate check out this place but do it online.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!