“Hands down the BEST restaurant in Rehoboth” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shorebreak Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 231 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Ocean
Description: 133 steps to the Atlantic...Blurring the boundary between a night in with friends, and an evening on the town, coastal gastropub cuisine, eclectic wine, handcrafted cocktails, cool beers, laid back livin'. We are locally owned and operated establishment. We start with what we call our kitchens mantra from Julia Child; "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients." Our interpretation is too not get in the way of the food, let the ingredients speak for themselves. We mix this altogether with a nice selection of handcrafted cocktails (a must these days), craft brews, and wines, throw it all together in a relaxed beach cottage atmosphere, and try our best to provide you with the friendliest service we know how. There you have it: Shorebreak Lodge.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Hands down the BEST restaurant in Rehoboth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We ended up going three nights of our weeklong vacation because the food was that good. Best arugula salad with creamy burrata, heirloom tomato salad, tuna collar (my husband adored it and ordered it all three times) and the octopus (They have it flown in from Spain.)
The chef is creative and the menu is eclectic and the owner remembered us and was on site every night.
The menu changes frequently depending on the season and I suppose the chef's mood.
Really good food. Last night I had the crabcakes which were the best I've ever eaten. Cheese plates were also yummy. We never had room for dessert. Oh, please get the watermelon gaspacho. A rainbow of flavors and textures.
Thanks Shorebreak, we'll be back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“very gluten-intolerant friendly! Awesome staff, food, drinks, and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

When my family and I decided to go to the Shorebreak Lodge, I was expecting it to be a normal place with just average food. We sat in the front room where the bar is and it was a very relaxed atmosphere with mostly reggae playing. The food and cocktail menus are very creative. I had a spicy watermelon margarita, my mother had a pineapple mojito, and my sister had some watermelon concoction the bartender threw together. They were all delicious. The food on the menu was creatively put together. They paired foods well with each other and added ingredients that enhanced the flavors of the main meat or vegetable. We had seven people in our party; we each ordered an entree, and shared three appetizers and three desserts. We all tried each others entrees and liked everything! We devoured all the food. The staff was friendly and helpful. One of us has a gluten intolerance and the waitress went beyond expectations to ensure he didn't consume anything that would make him sick. In fact, there were only three or four items on the menu that had gluten in it. (out of about 15-20) Another awesome feature: they have flavor infused water. Our water had a hint of basil in it. It was great! Definitely a place to go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“One of the Very best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Planet X is are usual beach dinner but we decided to try something new.The reviews on Tripadvisor are right on. The menu choices are so varied and interesting we had a very difficult time narrowing our choices. We started with the cheese plate and banana green curry bread. We lost ourselves in these two dishes and gushed without shame! The cheese itself was tasty, but what really makes the plate are the additional figs, pickled roasted red peppers, heavenly focaccia, and pesto. We take the generous use of garlic as a sure sign of a confident hand and were giddy biting into substantial garlic pieces on the best focaccia we've had. The banana green curry bread was my favorite dish of the evening. It's moist w/ the perfect curry heat. Both spreads were delicious, I LOVED the coconut butter spread. It had just the slightest hint of coconut, not too sweet or rich.
We had several other dishes and were just as pleased.
The martinis good and strong, as they should be.
The service attentive but not fussy.
Don't hesitate for a second!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Good solid food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was our first time at Shorebreak lodge and we most likely will return. The food is good (like most restaurants in Rehoboth) - the watermelon gazpacho is to DIE FOR - and the service is attentive. There are many "good" restaurants in Rehoboth... my fear is that this one has nothing that makes it stand out from the pack... besides the cucumber/orange table water (a strange combination). We enjoyed the curried donuts for dessert, but thought they were a little pricey and not really worth the 'hype'.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, MD
“A Little Inconsistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate here twice this season, and found some wonderful dishes, and some not so great. While the risotto with parmesan and pesto was some of the best I've ever eaten, and the crabby deviled eggs are not to be missed, two different plates of roasted vegetables came out dry and somewhat tasteless. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this casual and reasonably priced restaurant, but I would be careful of my choices.

• Visited July 2012