“One Night Holiday stay...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“One Night Holiday stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel has some outdoor renovations being performed but that had no bearing on a holiday one night stay...No work was being done while we were there.

As with any hotel in or near a beach destination, there is always going to be a nightly rate increase on a major holiday weekend...But the fact is we only needed a room for an evening and he had checked other hotels at New Jersey destinations that required a three night stay. This being factored in, the rate wasn't so bad.

Check in was quick and easy, the staff was welcoming and professional. It was guest appreciation day and we were offered fresh fruits, popcorn (freshly popped), coffee, and water ice upon arrival.

The room was clean and well kept. No problems with noise or other travelers...There is an indoor pool and a workout room, both being used as the hotel was close to maximum occupancy...Complementary WiFi for one day was included.

Breakfast was great. From omelets to sausage patties, cereal to muffins and bagels, juice, coffee and fresh fruit. The woman in charge of the pantry does a great job.

Location isn't bad...It's a pretty decent drive to the beach. Traffic wasn't great but we could walk to one of the three Tanger Outlet "clusters" very easily.

Overall, It was a quick but nice stay at the Hampton Inn Rehoboth.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Alexandria, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Exterior being renovated during our stay, but the interior also needs refreshing. This hotel was on the wrong side of Coastal Highway for us to access the bike path to the beach, bike racks were next to a stinky dumpster in the back of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Cape May NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

When I called the National Number to make a booking for a room,I wanted to make sure there was no sport kids teams going to be there,because the Delaware and North Carolina Hampton Inn we always had a bad time with sports teams that wreck our vacation.Anyway the National number operater said no teams all good.So I called the Delaware Hampton Inn and asked the staff member the same question.And got the same answer.Well I made my dates,we showed up and the a motel full of sports teams.Made the place a real mess.They lied to me.They were leaving.Ok we came back later that afternoon,and that night what starts showing up sports teams.So guest what doors banging,running up and down the hallway.My wife and I had to wear earplugs to sleep.Is the Hampton Inn,in that need of customers they lie to just fill a room.By the way the maid service did not clean the room good at all,Had handprints on the headboards of the bed,very dirty floors too.Not happy with my stay.

Philadelphia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel was being updated/renovated when I went. It was not one of the nicer Hampton Inn's that I have visited. Price point is very high for what you get, however the guy working the counter is a good host.

California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel is under construction. Dont get a room on ground floor, very noisy. I had requested assistance from staff prior to arrival, but no one recorded the request or followed through. Might want to look around before booking this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've read many of the most recent reviews and would have to say my experience here is not theirs. I've stayed here on 3 separate occasions in June 2014 alone and each time I'm underwhelmed.

With what? It starts with the front desk staff. Just missing that little "spark" of service attitude that I experience in many other Hampton Inns. Each check has simply made me feel like I'm an inconvenience. 2 weeks ago I spent 2 nights there. On night 1 the internet was down, the business center computers weren't working AND the soda machine on the 3rd floor was out of order. Seems like there was a trend there. I wasn't informed of the internet issue at check in and after trying everything I could to connect I decided to call the front desk. I was informed that it had been down since the night before and they were hoping the following day it would be fixed. HOPING? As a biz traveling I'm pretty reliant on the internet. It would have been nice to have been informed of this at check in.

Rooms are so so in condition even though it looks like a renovation is in progress. "Lipstick on a pig" came to mind for me this last week.

Why do you stay there? You may be asking. Because there are very few options in this town. I think that's why the service can be so mediocre.

All around just a mediocre place. As for rates....I was paying $100 more per night than comparable locations in other cities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I got away from the kids in PA. haha. We had the King sized bed room. on the 3rd Floor. It was nice, clean, quiet mostly. (1 year old talking in the halls sometimes....Cute.) The staff was very friendly. close to Restaurants, stores, etcc...oh and the breakfast buffet was Great! ..Cereal, eggs, omelettes,bagels, sausages, juice fruit, make it yourself Belgium waffles, Coffee, Tea, herbal teas, hot chocolate,
(these beverages you can have all night long if u you want! Free! yes!) indoor pool, fitness room, Free Wi-fi, and Internet service!
The Weekend temperature was Great (Not a "sun worshiper") 78-81 degrees partly sunny! not humid!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and be back very soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!