“I would stay here again :)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Hockessin, Delaware, United States
“I would stay here again :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here while down at a baseball tournament at the Sports at the Beach Complex in Georgetown on the recommendation of another teammate's family. It was just what we needed, clean, comfortable, and convenient. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Breakfast provided not fancy but it was just what we needed to sit down for 15 minutes before heading to the ball fields. About 25 minutes to Sports at the Beach but near all the outlets and just 5-10 minutes you can be at the Rehoboth Boardwalk for a fun evening after the games.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear DEMom19707,
We are truly appreciative of the details you offered within your feedback of our hotel and our surrounding Rehoboth Beach, DE area.
We believe it is details such as yours that assist fellow travelers when making a decision as to what hotel would best fit their travel needs. Thank you!
We hope you are able come visit us again soon!
Happy Summer!
Dawn Heck, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights and the room was clean, normal sized, and comfortable. Basically, a perfectly adequate hotel. Nothing special, but still a good nights sleep. We will probably stay here again if we pass by next year.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear BumbleChickFood,

Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts about your recent stay with us and other fellow travelers. Quiet and clean are ideal ingredients in achieving our goal of satisfying our guests.
If it is not too much trouble, when you get a moment, would you call me or our Front Office Manager as we would like to hear what areas within our hotel or areas of opportunity with our team that would have prompted you to rate your experience as a 5 star?
Thank you for your consideration.
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

we had a good stay here, the location is amazing right next to the tanger outlets. i had a problem with the wc in the bathroom, but they swiftly took care of it. over all it was a very good experience and wanted to thank the manager for being so nice.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms were easy accessibility.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Hawa n,

Thank you for choosing to stay with our Rehoboth Beach hotel and for your feedback with regard to your experience with our team members and your hotel room.
We wish you continued safe travels.
Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for our recent softball tournament and had a great time. The breakfast staff was very courteous, friendly and attentive. Both mornings the breakfast room was packed but the staff did an excellent job to make sure all food was being replenished. We asked the front desk staff if we could gather somewhere during the evening and they offered us the meeting room space to use free of charge. We set up our group months in advance and I recently saw the previous reviews so I was a little worried but the staff was very accommodating to our needs. Thank you again and we will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
DawnHeck, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Derek J,

We're beyond delighted you took a moment to extend kudos to our team members! Thank you! With so many of us having lives that are full from the moment we wake until the moment we go to our beds, we are sincerely appreciative of our guests for taking a snippet of your day to offer praises for a job well done.
We do our bests to accommodate the needs of our guests. We truly do our best to not let you, our guest, down or leaving disappointed.
Thank you for making the decision to stay with us again during your future visits!
We wish you continued safe journeys!
Newark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have been staying with this hotel for several years and have never been disappointed. The staff is like family, the rooms are always clean and comfortable. We look forward to returning soon to lounge by the pool. Thank you for always making our stay one to remember.

Room Tip: We like the king executive room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear BBoo1979,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation partner during your visits to our area and for considering us as part of your family.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my experience at the Holiday Inn in Rehoboth, my first time at this location though I'm a Priority Club Member with Holiday Inn. The location was great for everything I wanted to accomplish this weekend - everything was within a mile or so from the hotel. I found the staff was especially friendly and fun! The rooms at this location were quite big, updated and I found mine to be very clean. I loved the bathroom vanity! Lots of space and the granite was a nice touch.
Breakfast offered a lot of choices but it's standard fare for this type of hotel. It's not amazing, but certainly more than sufficient for what it is. What was not appetizing or enjoyable was the group congregating in the breakfast bar our last morning at the hotel. While contemplating what I would write in my review, I noticed someone mentioned the hotel having called for police intervention on their group. I'm assuming this is the same group as they were referring to themselves as "criminals" at breakfast. Really? If the attitude and nonsense I saw was anything like the hotel had the deal with, I would have called the police, too. I would be embarassed to act that way in front of any child, let alone my own. If mine had been there to see them act this way these parents would have heard about themselves!
In any event, my friends and I had an amazing weekend and we will definitely stay at this hotel again when the opportunity presents itself...hopefully a girlfriend's getaway this summer...without kids! I have to give a special thanks to Lachelle(sp?) for her extra attention to our room - thank you!!! We apologize for being messy!

Room Tip: The high floors are nice but there is only one elevator so sometimes it can take a couple minutes fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Cotler K,

Thank you for allowing us to continue to be your home-away-from-home during your visits to Rehoboth Beach, DE. We are delighted to read you are one of our many valued IHG Reward Loyalty Members (formally known as Priority Club).
It saddens us to hear you were subjected to having to listen to the relentless conversations with regard to a group's displeasure.
Luchelle asked me to extend her heartfelt "thank you" and hopes that when you visit us again, you mention to her that you are the person behind the Trip Advisor Review. Luchelle has been with our company for over 7 years and takes great pride in her managing her department. The extreme power of your words, made her day so much brighter. THANK YOU!
We truly do value our guest's feedback and we are sorry for any of the negative impact you had to experience during your stay with us. Breakfast is on us the next time you visit! :-D
We wish you continued safe journeys!
Evesham, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Upon arriving on Friday night after 9pm, we were greeted by a very nice gentleman and he made check in very easy. Unfortunately, I did not get his name but he is definitely the best staff member we have encountered during our stay. Very pleasant. If this gentleman was on staff the following night, I'm sure that my review would continue in a more positive direction. After reading the reviews from other customers that stayed the same weekend as my family, I'm appalled to see the rude, obnoxious and false accusations made by the staff and management of this hotel in response to complaints of poor customer service and treatment towards guests at this hotel. I've never reviewed such defensive responses from a hotel management before even from the biggest complainers. I'm not sure what type of staff customer service training is provided for your company staff but please beware that your defensive, negative, and condescending responses prove that there is a definite flaw in your service level. In fact, after arriving back from a lovely dinner with my family, we did witness the group of people utilizing the hotel lobby to gather and socialize. They were fun loving and very respectful and by no means acting inappropriately or disorderly. What is wrong with people having a good time while away on vacation or in their case, a baseball tournament ? The gentleman on duty at this time was not only rude but falsely accused them of disorderly conduct?? And called the police? Unbelievable. I' ve been to hotels with a bunch of sport teams that were indeed rowdy and other hotels chains handled their behavior with much more respect. this crowd being accused of disorderly conduct is a false accusation and obviously the gentleman on staff at the time exaggerated his story. After reading further reviews, I noticed a pattern of complaints from sport team guests. Now it all makes sense. This staff member obviously had a bad experience with other groups and seemed to hold it over this group and I'm sure he will continue to do so to future sport team groups. This hotel brings in a lot of money from sports groups and should be more accommodating. They obviously do not want the business from sports teams and have a preconceived idea that all sports teams act inappropriately. My advice to sports teams is do not stay here!!!! You will be wrongly accused. My advice to holiday inn management- spend more time and money on training your employees, including management in higher level customer service and refrain from your defensive and negative responses toward your customers on the social network. It makes the hotel seem bitter , defensive and not accommodating. Why would I want to go back there? Like I said, I came on trip advisor to give a review and after reviewing managements bitter responses, I will not stay there again. I know your defensive response will be to stay at Hampton inn up the road and I will assure I will certainly take your advice. What hospitality chain does that??? I feel terrible for the families that you offended. They were so nice to us at breakfast, in the lobby and in the elevators. Shame shame on you Holiday inn express.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chris B, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Greetings, Mamalove2014, and congratulations on your first review with TripAdvisor. I see you're a 1st time TripAdvisor reviewer as with many others who traveled with your team to our property. I hope you find value in using this great resource with future hotels, etc, as it provides valuable information to help set expectations for the experience.

In the essence of time, I would direct readers to your other team parents' posts titled "SPORTS TEAMS - DO NOT STAY HERE", "Not Family Friendly", "Not Accomodating [sic] or Family Friendly" and "Not Family Friendly" as you all express the same dissatisfaction surrounding our response to your behavior. You make mention of "the pattern of complaints from sports team guests" but omitted that these complaints were provided by members of your group.

I'm sorry you feel my responses are defensive, negative, condescending and that I seem bitter, considering all I've done is provided facts. I'm not bitter (as you indicated) as much as I am surprised at repeated attempts to rationalize and defend poor behavior by a group of adults. Behavior that required assistance by the State Police (a phone call we don't make often and a decision we don't make flippantly). Behavior caught on camera, and behavior witnessed by other guests in the hotel. Behavior we will not tolerate from any guest, be they a group or individual.

To recommend the Hampton Inn was to continue to provide your team service. I acknowledge we are not capable of meeting your expectation that any and all space should be made available to your group at your demand. This expectation is unrealistic and by us permitting this to your group would show the satisfaction of other hotel guests is of no consequence. This is simply unfair. I recommended the Hampton Inn as a future option to possibly meet this expectation where we fall short for you. It's unfortunate you found the suggestion offensive as its intent was more noble.

Best of luck with your future tournaments this year, and wherever your future travels take you.

Chris Berg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!