“Great property, good breakfast, plenty of parking, Friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great property, good breakfast, plenty of parking, Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

There is plenty of parking on the exterior and well lit. Hotel is far off the highway and isolated; very quiet location. There is gas, food and liquor store within walking distance of the property. Staff members were very friendly. (I visit this property every Christmas when I visit my parents) The staff remembered me from the previous year and even gave me the same room I had previously. Rooms are spacious, clean and good lighting with large flat screen tv's. Bathrooms are large and great when traveling with someone else. Heat and cooling work great with digital controls for temp. Breakfast consists of "Holiday Inn Express" fare. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon or sausage, pancake machine and famous cinnamon rolls. Additionally, they offer cold cereals, muffins, toast, bagels and OJ/Coffee/Milk. I must say the breakfast area is clean, well staffed and offer a great value. Lobby is quiet with ample seating, fish tank and pleasant.
The Holiday Inn Express is my first choice when in the Rehoboth Beach area.

Room Tip: Lower levels are great for elderly folks.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear 95Traveler,

We are humbly gracious by your glowing recommendation of our hotel and your kind words about our team members.
The details you mentioned within your review will go a long way in helping to guide other fellow travelers with their decision as to what hotel property best fits their needs and expectations when they travel to our area.
We realize you have many choices of accommodations when visiting Rehoboth Beach and we are utterly delighted that you continue to choose our hotel as your home-away-from-home.
We wish you and yours the best in the upcoming New Year!
Best Wishes!

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice stay. Rooms nice. Thought we booked a king room and upon arrival were given a room with 2 doubles. They were very accomodating in giving us a king room. Close to everything on route one. Quiet at night

• Stayed November 2013
Chris B, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thanks, Kristine E, for your feedback! I'm delighted to hear you had a nice stay while our guest in November. I'm sorry for any confusion over the room type you were given upon arrival but I'm very pleased to hear we were able to get you assigned to one that fit your expectation and needs. Thank you for mentioning our quiet location - sitting back off the highway certainly provides our guests with peace and quiet to help better ensure a restful night's sleep.

Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs while you visited the Rehoboth area. If we can be of assistance in the future, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel! Safe travels and happy holidays in the meantime.

Best Regards,
Chris Berg
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Rehoboth Beach Delaware about 2 weeks ago. My first impression upon walking into the lobby was the smile I was greeted with and the cleanliness of the hotel lobby. Every staff member I encountered was always smiling and more than happy to offer recommendations for restaurants and things to do in the area. We will be back soon once again thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Chris R,

All feedback from our valued guests with regard to their stay with our property, is truly priceless. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing our hotel and team to place your trust.
We are all delighted to read that we fulfilled our promise to you of a clean hotel, a comfortable stay and exceptional team service!
We also want to extend a very warm thank you for making the decision to stay with us again during your future visit to our area.
Safe journeys!
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We decided last minute to go to Rehoboth Beach. This was our first visit. Hadn't a clue where to stay as most of the hotels seemed to be very expensive. When I first tried to reserve this hotel it came up that they were fully booked. Called the hotel and was told that they were indeed fully booked. Tried an hour or so later to book online, and lo and behold, there was room available. I thought the price very high for a Holiday Inn Express, but, it was so much cheaper than the other places we had looked at. Check in was fast. Room was on the top floor overlooking the back of the hotel. I had requested a quiet location, and was indeed given a quiet location. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is located adjacent to the outlet mall, if you're interested in going there. Although there is an Outback restaurant across the road, that road is very busy. I wouldn't want to try and walk across it. We drove downtown, but I understand that in the summer the hotel offers a shuttle bus. We'll probably return next time we're in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Happy October Susan S,

We're happy you were persistent in your attempt to stay with our hotel and that you were not disappointment in your choice. Our team works very hard to offer exceptional service,clean rooms and a relaxing atmosphere to all of our valued guests. They will be delighted to hear that you took the time to share your experience with them and other fellow travelers.
Thank you!!!
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach for a birthday celebration. Our family was at the boardwalk so we parked the car and took the shuttle for all the activities and were well treated by drivers and passengers. The motel itself was full and very quiet. The breakfast provided was excellent. No noise from the road, very friendly front desk and personnel we met in the halls. We recommend this hotel and would probably stay again when we visit Rehoboth. The schedule for the shuttle to the beach showed several stops besides the Boardwalk so we were able to get off at the restaurant door the evening of the 80th birthday dinner. We only waked across Rehoboth Avenue to get the shuttle home and the shuttle stopped at the Holiday Inn before entering the end at the area where the shuttle is picked up behind the hotel. Great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marie0808,
Happy October! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with regard to your stay with our property.
We appreciate the time you spent writing your review. The experiences and thoughts of our guests are of great value to our team and other fellow travelers. We truly want to know how well we did. Thank you again for sharing!
Safe journeys!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Me and my family arrived at the hotel, and the front desk clerk (Nelson) informed me that my reservation was cancelled. I made my reservation trough Priceline and had a printed a reservation confirmation receipt. Nelson was very rude and said "your credit card was declined and don't even try to argue with me" while I was trying to show the confirmation. After my initial upset asking why nobody informed me about the "cancelled reservation" Nelson told me that the hotel was fully booked and that he could not do anything about it and started checking in the next guy in line. When I was trying to figure out what to do and the guy noticed me calling priceline to complain, he called me over the front desk and said that he was going to check if he could do something for us (with the tone and attitude of " I am doing you a favor"). The guy finally checked us in and offered a pretty lame explanation of what happened, apparently they can cancel your reservation (without notice) even after priceline has confirmed it. But my room was still reserved!!! I was charged almost US400 dollars while the priceline price was US324. I felt humiliated when the guy almost yelled to the lobby that my credit card was declined. Nobody has contacted me yet about the supposedly "declined credit card" and I can't help but think that I was the victim of some sort of scam to make me pay more than I was supposed to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Oscar D,
I apologize that your check in experience was unsatisfactory. I was physically present at our front desk area upon your arrival to our front desk check in area.
You are absolutely correct that you had a confirmation number for a reservation for our hotel. With your confirmation, you had a 72 hours modification/cancellation policy. Once this policy expires, our team member on duty will pre-authorized guest credit/debit card to ensure the reservation is "guaranteed". If a credit card declines, this gives our team members sufficient time to call our guest and communicate a concern with their credit/debit card used to guarantee their room AND give our guest sufficient time to call us back with a valid credit/debit card. Sometimes a guest will have had a credit/debit card lost or stolen and forget to call us with another card to guarantee their reservation and appreciate us calling to offer them an opportunity to give us another form of payment. You actually stated that perhaps your credit card declined because it is from a financial institution which is not located within the U.S.
The reason he could offer you a room a few moments later is because I gave him authorization to cancel another reservation for the same day without penalty to that guest so that Nelson could offer you that room. Most hotels in the area were sold out, so he was excited to be able to help you and void the concern of attempting to find you an alternate hotel.
I did hear him attempt to speak over the noise in the lobby and communicate to you that he would be able to offer you a room afterall. I did hear the conversation at the front desk area about your credit card decline. I did not hear him comment about your credit card decline out loud across the lobby to where you were standing.
I read your comment about your embarrassment about your credit card declining and having other hotel guests hear about it. For this, we are sincerely sorry.
We will certainly find an alternate method to communicate this sensitive information in the future if this type of situation should arise at a future date.
Best Regards,
Dawn Heck
Annandale, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Rehoboth for two nights over Labor Day Weekend.
It is not a resort and is not a luxury hotel. But it IS very clean, staff is very friendly and accommodating, location is very convenient to beach and shopping, beds are comfortable, and breakfast was good. I'm so glad that we chose this hotel. We checked in early, at about 11:30 am, and were on the beach by 12:15 pm! We walked out of the hotel and after a 2 minute walk, we picked up the Shuttle Bus that took us directly to the beach. The Shuttle Bus is so convenient and close. The shuttle stop was the last one on our way to the beach, and the first one on our way back to the hotel. Couldn't have asked for a better set up. Parking was plentiful. The bathrooms were spotless. The breakfast was fine. We ate by 8 am and had no problem. We will definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Rehoboth! If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, convenient, and reliable hotel, this is it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Irs1963,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with our hotel and our team members.
We truly value the comments our guests share with us and other fellow travelers. We wish you continued safe journeys and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Happy Autumn!
Dawn Heck, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!