“Would have stayed here, but.....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Hoosick Falls, NY
“Would have stayed here, but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

At 6:00 PM on Monday, November 12, I stopped in to get a room. I had checked the rate on the internet and it was $90.95. When I walked in the lobby no one was there, but a sign said back shortly. After a 10 minute wait a woman appeared and said the best rate available was $103.00. There were no more than 6 or 7 cars in the parking lot, so there were plenty of empty rooms. I offered to pay the internet price, but she could care less, and stood by her higher rate, and had a lousy attitude. So I left, and checked into the Avenue Inn & Spa.

My business was appreciated and was glad to have found a very nice place to stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Hoosickfalls,
I thank you for considering our property for your lodging needs.
I am very regretful for your unpleasant experience with one of our associates.
I did review our DVR footage for the date/time you mentioned. I watched this team member place the sign you mentioned on our front desk counter and go to the ladies room. No doubt it may have felt like 10 minutes to you when you wanted to settle into a hotel room and go out to experience our area.
In real-time, she was in the ladies room for slightly less than 2 minutes. As you mentioned, you noticed minimal cars in our parking lot, so our front desk staffing in our off season is limited to a single associate. This creates a challenge when a staff member needs to leave the front desk area to tend to an immediate need of a guest or for a personal reason, such as using the restroom.
Again, she and I both wish to extend to your our sincerest apology for your unpleasant experience.
We wish you continued safe journeys and happy holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

It was a short, one night stay, but very relaxing. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a bit pricey but free breakfast and wifi sweetened the deal. Being located so close to the outlets and the beach made it very convenient. We were very pleased with our stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Diana G,

We hope you get the opportunity to come visit us again soon! Friendly reminder that with the holiday season upon us, tax-free shopping outlets are located next door to us and across the highway and our off-season rates are more economical than our May-October room rates.
Thank you so much for staying with us! Again, we hope to see you soon.
Happy Holidays and safe journeys wished for you and yours!
Dawn
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weeked Jazz show. The rooms were a little dated and plain, but overall clean. The front desk staff was very nice and attentive. I asked for a late check out and they were very accomadating. The rooms have a fridge as well as a sink and microwave. There is also a free breakfast included. The eggs and sausauge look a litte suspect but they also have cereal, bagels, and muffins. I would stay again for a quick getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear lyc039,

Thank you for staying with our property during Rehoboth Beach's Jazz festival and for taking a moment of your time to share your experience.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

They took wonderful care of my Family and I, from weekend start to finish!

We are were so pleased with everything, and every need was meet, and more.

The customer service, and nice hotel staff were the best, and we could not ask for more!

Special mention people were Justin, Sam, and Kelli!

The two ladies that ran the morning breakfast were Saints and deserve a raise.

I would come back in a heartbeat, and am so glad we picked this hotel to stay at!

we will be back.

Sincerly,

Curtis Wise

302-462-1887 for futher comments if needed, and thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: they were all nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Curtis W,

We humbly thank you for your mention of specific team member who made your stay extra special. How tickled they were to see their names and to know they provided you with the level of service we want our guests to experience each and everyday.
Thank you for staying with our property during your travels. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Easton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for a golf tournament down the road. Clean, friendly, good breakfast, quiet, hot water. Everything you need. Also easy to find. Short drive to the beach and downtown. Not walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DawnHeck, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello jck123123,

I hope the weather had been favorable for your golf trip during your visit to Rehoboth Beach! Thank you for taking a moment to share a few tidbits about our property/service.
We do have a great team that strives to please each of our guests. I'm tickled to read we provided you with the service you deserve.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you consider us your hotel of choice during any future visits to our area.
General Manager.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very clean hotel, well-maintained and modern. We appreciated having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. This is not a beach hotel! However, it is on Rehoboth's major highway, withint walking distance from the wonderful outlet malls (NO SALES TAX IN DELAWARE), and just a short drive (less than a mile and a half) to Rehoboth's wonderful beach. Front desk staff (Erin) very friendly. One drawback...hard towels. We had to put one bath towel aside because it was gray and hard - perhaps folded when still wet and mildewed. Aside from laundry issues I would stay here again. Once more - impressed by this hotel's cleanliness.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors - quieter. This hotel sits back far enough from the busy main st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Good day LovetoGo017,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm disappointed to know that your terry linen was coarse. We do not distribute towels with mildew to our guests; in our summer season, our towels are not on the shelves or in our housekeeping closets long enough to become mildewed.
Our semi-annual inspection of our laundry equipment is this month and I have listed your concern on our vendor communication sheet so we can discuss this concern with them.
I would be delighted if you could call our property to provide me with your contact information so I may reach out to you and further discuss your experience.
Thank you for choosing to stay at our location and we hope you continue to do so during any future trips you may take to our area.
Laurel, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in June 2012 based on the reviews we read here. We were not disappointed. Our family of 4 - including a 12 and 13 year old stayed in one room. There were 2 beds, a sofa, table with 2 chairs, refrigerator, microwave, and wet bar area. It was very spacious. We arrived on Saturday morning before check-in. The front desk clerk took our name and cell number and agreed to call us when our room was ready. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the beach by car. This was very convenient.

We went to the beach, changed into our swim attire (in the car because you aren't allowed to change in the restrooms), and took our gear to the beach. It was a great day. We rented the umbrella from the beach folks for $10 a day - not a bad deal because it was one less thing we had to maneuver.

Back to the hotel. It was very clean. The beds were soft - a little tight but that's because we chose the room with the double beds and my husband and I are used to a king bed. That was our choice not the fault of the hotel. It was still a good night's sleep. The daily breakfast was very good. The ladies running the breakfast area kept everything hot and fresh throughout the morning. The pool hours weren't that great and it was very cold but the boys still got in the pool a few times.

We ate lots of bad (yummy) food over the course of our long weekend (Saturday to Tuesday) and tried to stick with local restaurants versus the big chains. Of course we had Thrashers fries at the beach, and Grotto's Pizza. The fries were good with lots of vinegar and salt. The pizza was just average. It was a good price but the flavor tasted like frozen pizza. We loved The Ice Cream store with all of it's flavors. Better than Sex was my favorite. We had dinner at Jake's Wayback Burgers one night. The burgers and milkshakes were pretty good. The Point Coffee House has the best pastries - the pecan and walnut sticky buns are sins worth eating! We ate at the seafood buffet that's in Bethany (I can't remember the name). I'm allergic to seafood so had a salad and wings (pretty good) but my husband and boys said everything on the buffet was good and fresh. We also had some of the best Italian food at a local restaurant - Villa Sorrento I think . Overall we had a great family vacation that was close to home and very stress free.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear DMS1908,

WOW, what great detail about your visit to our area. It appears you stayed pretty busy during your visit. The vast amount of culinary options in our area is phenominal.
During any future visits to our area, I would like to mention that our property offers an area for changing if your room is not available. As you mentioned, the public bathroom areas on the boardwalk do not provide this option.
Our local state parks are great because they offer bath houses, concessions stands, chair and umbrella rentals, nature trails and bike trails (at some).
I have not had the opportunity to visit the Point Coffee House, and I absolutely adore a good pastry. Thank you for the tip.
Safe journeys and hope to see you again!
Dawn Heck, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!