We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in June 2012 based on the reviews we read here. We were not disappointed. Our family of 4 - including a 12 and 13 year old stayed in one room. There were 2 beds, a sofa, table with 2 chairs, refrigerator, microwave, and wet bar area. It was very spacious. We arrived on Saturday morning before check-in. The front desk clerk took our name and cell number and agreed to call us when our room was ready. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the beach by car. This was very convenient.
We went to the beach, changed into our swim attire (in the car because you aren't allowed to change in the restrooms), and took our gear to the beach. It was a great day. We rented the umbrella from the beach folks for $10 a day - not a bad deal because it was one less thing we had to maneuver.
Back to the hotel. It was very clean. The beds were soft - a little tight but that's because we chose the room with the double beds and my husband and I are used to a king bed. That was our choice not the fault of the hotel. It was still a good night's sleep. The daily breakfast was very good. The ladies running the breakfast area kept everything hot and fresh throughout the morning. The pool hours weren't that great and it was very cold but the boys still got in the pool a few times.
We ate lots of bad (yummy) food over the course of our long weekend (Saturday to Tuesday) and tried to stick with local restaurants versus the big chains. Of course we had Thrashers fries at the beach, and Grotto's Pizza. The fries were good with lots of vinegar and salt. The pizza was just average. It was a good price but the flavor tasted like frozen pizza. We loved The Ice Cream store with all of it's flavors. Better than Sex was my favorite. We had dinner at Jake's Wayback Burgers one night. The burgers and milkshakes were pretty good. The Point Coffee House has the best pastries - the pecan and walnut sticky buns are sins worth eating! We ate at the seafood buffet that's in Bethany (I can't remember the name). I'm allergic to seafood so had a salad and wings (pretty good) but my husband and boys said everything on the buffet was good and fresh. We also had some of the best Italian food at a local restaurant - Villa Sorrento I think . Overall we had a great family vacation that was close to home and very stress free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fresh from a complete renovation, the Holiday Inn Express provides modern accommodations and well-appointed amenities sure to fulfill your every need! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Holiday Inn Rehoboth Beach
- Rehoboth Beach Holiday Inn