“Wholesome Traditional Breakfast at No-Frills Greek Deli” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 234 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek
Arlington, Virginia
“Wholesome Traditional Breakfast at No-Frills Greek Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

On a rainy Thursday morning in September 2012, I sought an unpretentious venue in which to enjoy a traditional American breakfast. Although downtown Rehoboth Beach offers numerous relevant alternatives, the Corner Grille proved a wise choice. Located in a storefront at the intersection of Wilmington Avenue and South First Street, the Corner Grille offers American and Greek cuisine, dine in or take out, and serves breakfast all day.

Diners seeking an unpretentious setting for breakfast in Rehoboth in my opinion cannot do any better than this place. An adequate but not a large number of formica-covered tables surround an open kitchen. I sensed that I had picked the right spot when the proprietors appreciatively greeted me and the hostess promptly invited me to select any open table. My server then promptly brought me coffee and took my breakfast order.

Breakfast offerings include egg sandwiches, three-egg omelettes, French toast, pancakes, and waffles. I selected the veggie omelette ($8.00). Within minutes after my ordering it, my selection arrived at my table piping hot, almost as though the proprietors had been anticipating my visit and my order. The omelette was complemented by toast (various selections available) and home fries. Finding the omelette flavorful but slightly dry, I adequately compensated by garnishing it from my table's bottle of hot sauce.

A bottomless cup of coffee set me back all of $1.50. The bill totaled $9.50, which I shaved to $8.50 by clipping a coupon from the local newspaper I'd brought along.

At the Corner Grille, I found a traditional American breakfast fairly priced for its quality and quantity and the prompt, attentive service. Upon departing the restaurant, I assured the proprietors that it had been my first visit but certainly not my last.

• Visited September 2012

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great floor, great service, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We returned to Rehoboth Beach this year and to The Corner Grille. It's a great place to get a quick and delicious breakfast or lunch. (Only been there once for dinner; that was good too).

The Greek salads are awesome, as is the spanikopita, and souvlaki. The service was efficient and friendly. We enjoyed our meals there and will be back for more.

Cherry Hill, NJ
“Great Breakfasts!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife discovered this about a block from our hotel. I cannot speak to their lunches but we had breakfast there two mornings. The spinach pie omelet was marvelous. Cheese and mushroom omelet the next day was delicious. Great home-fries too. Heartuly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Gyro at their BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Gyro and Gyro Salad-SUPERB. Just ordered take-out and what a TREAT! Fresh grilled pita bread filled with flavorful gyro meat, lettuce tomatoes and sauce...The feta cheese add on was perfect! Also had the Gyro Salad and can not find fault anywhere. You have to try the rice pudding and other dessert-spelling horrible so not going there-but worth the calories, creamy and definitely homemade here! I could eat here everyday! Irene was HELPFUL and made the right suggestions...Well worth it.

• Visited July 2012
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Best homemade hummus anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I can't believe that in all the summers my son & husband & I have vacationed in Rehoboth Beach, DE we have never tried The Corner Grille, the little restaurant right next door to our hotel....until this summer. But now that we have we're hooked! Of the five days we spent in Rehoboth in June we ate there six times. We had breakfast: Greek omelet (gyro, feta, tomatoes), spinach pie omelet (spinach, feta, onions), pancakes w/chocolate chips. We had lunch: homemade hummus w/pita, gyro, souvlaki sandwich, gyro salad, grilled cheese (my son ate 2 of these per day!) And of course we had dessert: homemade baklava & homemade rice pudding. I do not exaggerate when I say that everything we ate at the Grille that week was to die for! The hummus, made by George, the owner, is hands down the BEST hummus I have ever eaten. It's smooth & chock full of flavor. Coupled with the warm pita bread it made the perfect appetizer. The baklava was layer upon layer of sticky, nutty goodness & the rice pudding, thick & creamy. Heavenly! On our way out of town on the last day we picked up some hummus w/pita, rice pudding & baklava to pop in the cooler for the long ride home.

The Corner Grille is not just great food...it's also great staff. Each time we visited we got a chance to talk to Irene, the owner's daughter, & her fiancee, George, our server. What warm & friendly folks they are. They welcomed us each day as if they'd known us forever.

We look forward to enjoying the food & friends we discovered at The Corner Grille each time we visit Rehoboth Beach.

• Visited June 2012