“Not A Secret Anymore!” 5 of 5 stars

14 Midway Shopping Center, Rehoboth Beach, DE
Improve this listing
Ranked #179 of 235 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
West Fenwick
“Not A Secret Anymore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We are so happy we found this Northern Italian restaurant in the middle of a strip mall! Both the food and bottles of wine are very reasonably priced and wine by the glass is even cheaper! Our favorite dinner entrees include Mussels Fra Diavlo (one of the specials on weekends), Chicken Francese, Chicken Capri, and Shrimp Fra Diavlo ..... served with bread, soup or a small salad. Enjoy your meal amidst artwork from a local gallery. We eat at Preshy's at least once a week and even look for an excuse to go to Rehoboth! It's a great place for lunch or dinner with family or friends!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“That's Not Amore!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

One should not have to be a regular to be treated with the least of manners at this restaurant. Whether the meals are cheap or at the most reasonable as stated by other reviewers, matters not if you can not be treated with a modicom of decency. The waiter, whom I also assume to also be the owner, was lacking in any respect for my friend and I as patrons. I had barely perused the menu when he want to know if we were ready to order (note, at the time we were the only ones on this restaurant!). When I inquired as to the side pasta he answered penne....I asked about linguine and you would have thought the sky had fallen into his Mamas meataballs! Only pasta was penne....This is an Italian restaurant was basically his retort to a few questions...Like I was estupida! I don't know if rolling your eyeballs is an "Italian thing" but he has that facial expression down pat! If he had even cracked a smile...well I guess that was not going to happen. As other patrons came into the restaurant his demeanor towards them was much more of a friendly nature....guess they were regulars and "deserving" of better treatment. Could it have been the dreary weather today? I doubt it. If I had had my druthers, the only tip I would have left would have been this: "Get a life, Signore. It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Delaware
“Northern Italian near the Movies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I tried, with some trepidation tried this neighborhood restaurant and found it to be a good food/great value for a quick dinner before, or after, the movies. We were greeted by the owner who seated us quickly in this well lighted restaurant. The restaurant offers daily specials but there is a long list of traditional Italian dishes. Each of the entrees are served with either home made soup or a small salad. My wife's meatballs were tasty, made fresh, while my veal marsala with pene pasta was cooked properly and well seasoned. There is a good wine list, all priced reasonably, while glasses of wine were a bargain. I'd come again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Millsboro, DE
“Good food, great value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

In a strip mall with everyday decor, Preshy's is unimpressive in appearance. And the owner/maitre d'/waiter is a real character who can be charming on one occasion and arrogant on another. Is it the weather or the water - who knows!

But the food is surprisingly good and the prices almost shockingly low. In three meals, a lunch and two dinners, I've yet to have a bad entree. Bread is great and the soups are generally good, but the salad is scant with very ordinary greens and "house" the only dressing available. The entree choice is broad, but I can attest to the fact that the chicken, veal, pasta and sauces are excellently prepared (if indifferently presented). Haven't tried the desserts, but there seems to be a good selection including tiramisu (which I am told is very good).

With very modest prices the value is excellent. Preshy's is a great place for an informal family meal several steps above any of the local diners or fast food operations.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lewes, Delaware
“Awful, Awful, Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently moved into the Lewes Delaware area and I am always seeking new decent places to eat. Do not bother with Preshy's. I have eaten at many fine Italian restaurants and a family member at one time owned one in South Philly that was a legend. No one will confuse Preshy's with any of them. I ordered the house salad and was served a small dish with some wilted pieces of packaged lettuce with little to no dressing. My wife and daughter attempted to up grade to a Caesar salad but were denied so we paid extra. McDonald's serves a better salad than what this place tried to pass off for as a Caesar salad. The soup of the day, lentil, tasted more like an onion soup and had few lentils but was at least tangy. We noticed that some tables were served what looked like decent Italian bread although the owner must reserve that treat for his regulars. We were served a bread that was more like a giant stale crouton. By this time we were almost hysterical with laughter knowing that we were probably in the worst restaurant we had ever visited. We could not wait for our main course - veal parmigiana. What we received was a small piece of veal reasonably prepared and a small quantity of penne with so little sauce and so dry they appeared to be leftovers. Once done eating we decided to skip desert and get out. We paid our bill and left in shock only to go down to a Wawa and buy a hoagie to share since we were still hungry. Look, I have eaten in worse places like Turnpike diners, etc. But you expect lousy food in those places and at least dinner is not 60-70 dollars for three people. I'll never go back and I thank God I did not bring guests. The place was busy so either the folks are first timers like me who got ambushed or the owner plays favorites and treats his regulars better. I'll never find that out because I will never go back!
One additional item - The owner worked the floor but gave us the cold shoulder the entire time we were there. He did not even acknowledge us when we left. Maybe that was a good thing because I really wanted to tell him how lousy his place was but did not want to cause a scene.

• Visited September 2012