“Everything you could want” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Shopping in Rehoboth Beach
Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
18 attraction reviews
“Everything you could want”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Great and helpful owners...Found candies I could not find elsewhere and fresh.

Visited March 2012

Newark, Delaware USA
13 attraction reviews
“Great Selection, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Their selection of real licorice is out of this world. They let me sample more than 12 while I was deciding on what to buy. Very knowledgable and friendly service.

Visited July 2011
Harrisonville, Pennsylvania
“best taffy ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011 via mobile

I used to think that dolly,s in OC,M.D had the best taffy, that was until i had snyders. If you love taffy you have to try snyders, you will agree! They also have old tyme candy from years ago. You have to try the cupcake flavor taffy, no kidding it taste just like a cupcake. The clerk said the same family has had the company for 70-years, impressive, keep up the great job. My new candy store @ the beach!!!

Delaware
260 attraction reviews
1,143 helpful votes 1,143 helpful votes
“Nice assortment of collectibles & candy-gummies, chocolates, fudge, taffy, jelly beans, pez & MORE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I have stopped in Snyder's Candy a few times over the years. I never really used to shop there much, but at one time they were the only place that I could find the gummy Cinnamon Bears. I liked that they still carried them when other places quit! This quickly earned them my business. They proved to be a true candy store, continuing to carry the classic candies like cinnamon bears, mary janes, licorice, smarties and candy buttons.

I also stopped in here last Mother's Day to get my mom some of the jelly-like fruit slices. My mom loves the red raspberry fruit slices. At other candy shops, you have to buy the assorted fruit, but at Snyder's you can buy JUST the flavor you want! They also have a larger selection of flavors here compared to the other well-known chain CANDY competitor. I think last time I was there, they had like 15 different flavors to choose from! I have gone back several times to get my Mom more red raspberry jelly slices. Last time I visited I took Mom along & the candy clerk even let her sample the pomegranate fruit slice before making her purchase. I thought this was VERY nice. It is rare to find a candy shop that will let you sample a piece before you buy it anymore.

Overall, we have had great experiences with Snyder's Candy. The prices are decent and they have a LARGE selection of candy from gummies to jelly beans, licorice, chocolates, taffy, fudge, boxed candy, lollipops, pez, and etc. They even have a nice selection of collectible tins, metal lunchboxes & pez dispensers. IF you have a sweet tooth, check out Snyder's Candy. It is a nice old fashioned CANDY store with friendly staff.