“Good Find” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 225 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Columbia, Maryland
“Good Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The wife and I went on Yelp to find a spot to eat. Jam came up with great reviews so off we walked. The place was hard to find for me (1st time to Rehoboth) at night. We arrived and sat down. Jam seems to be updated i could be wrong but the appearance was very nice. The food was great my wife had the shrimp and Grits which she loved and I had the basic burger which I enjoyed. The portions on our plated were not huge but, thats seems to be the norm at tourist restaurants.

• Visited October 2012

silver spring, md
“Great food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went to this restaurant with friends and family last night, and we were all well pleased. The ambiance is very nice, and the bar area is especially attractive. We all thought our meals were very, very good. I had the meatloaf special and it was very good. The others ate soft shell crabs and pork chops and they also enjoyed their meals very much. The service was good and pleasant, but a little slow. The wine list is varied with several nice, inexpensive choices. The desserts were also very good. We all agreed that this is a good place to go. asthe prices are pretty reasonable for Rehoboth Beach. We will go back again soon.

Arlington, Virginia
“Pleasantly Unpretentious Alternative to Eden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

For many years, I've passed on dining at Eden on Baltimore Avenue in Rehoboth Beach. The restaurant's menu always has intrigued me, but the formal, pretentious atmosphere kept me away. However, in September 2012, I was delighted to find that Eden's owners have converted the formal "Camel's Hump" next door to a casual alternative to Eden.

Visiting during happy hour on a Thursday evening, I sat at the small but welcoming bar. Two large screen TVs behind the bar were broadcasting live professional sporting events. For happy hour, Jam offers $2 off any beer or wine (glass) on the menu and half-priced "snacks" (essentially, appetizers and small plates). Foregoing the deals on snacks, I ordered for dinner two other items that also seemed reasonably priced: a salad of mixed greens ($8.00) and a side of "truffled mac & cheese" ($5.00), accompanied by a nice California Cabernet Sauvignon.

Both food items proved winners. The generously sized salad consisted of fresh mixed greens and chopped vegetables garnished by a flavorful but not overpowering vinaigrette dressing. The side of truffled mac & cheese qualified as a comfort food in which I'd only indulge while vacationing. Nicely textured pasta resembling tortellini was smothered in a decadently rich cream sauce. It was so satisfying that I did not mind running a couple extra miles the next morning to compensate.

I came away from Jam having only two complaints: bread service and wine glasses. I asked my server/bartender for some bread on which to munch with my salad. He expressed regret that the restaurant does not complement meals with bread. So I ordered a side of corn bread ($3.00). It consisted of two round, reasonably sized pieces that arrived undercooked and slightly greasy.

Jam's one of those restaurants that annoyingly has decided to serve wine not in stemmed glasses but in tumblers meant to hold juice with breakfast. I suppose the tumblers create the illusion of a larger than actual pour and probably clean more easily than wine glasses. But the tumblers cheapened the experience of a bistro serving upscale cuisine.

The absence of complementary bread and the inappropriate wine glasses, however, represented manageable annoyances. I'd recommend Jam Bistro to anyone seeking upscale cuisine served in a deliberately casual setting.

Rehoboth Beach
“It isn't all it's played up to be...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am sorry - but this place is not the place everyone says it is, maybe you think its kewl to be scene but the food is mediocre bar food at best. High dollars = small portions. No presence of mgmt whatsoever - what happened when a manager or owner came around to be seen and see how everything was. Small Plate appetizer are exactly that. Meatballs- 3 looked like 1/2 ounce - $9.00, the sauce was great but no flavor to the meat. Truffle Fries, smaller than a McD's small and i think $6..I ordered the Kobe Burger - rolls was mumified and the burger was killed. Others - pork chops - funny our friend got one on his plate and the next table had two. Short Ribs - served with an ear of corn and mac n cheese - about 2 ounces of mac n cheese and the short ribs- good flavor but very short on the short ribs.....c'mon people get real. This was our 2nd and the 3rd time is not a charm - no need to run back or even go back for that reason with too many other great restaurants in the same price range that offer quality, reasonable portions with better value. Homestly somebody needs to Jam this door shut.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank jrreho
Oakton, VA
“A small place with a great vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Brought to you by the folks next door -- Eden -- Jam is more casual and less expensive than Eden. You'll find nice variety at Jam, from the ever-popular "small plates" to seafood, from comfort food to sophisticated cocktails.

The atmosphere and vibe at Jam can't be beat -- comfortable and intimate. The service is friendly, accommodating, and attentive (although sometimes the servers want to take your plate away a little TOO fast).

The food is what keeps Jam getting an "Excellent" rating/review. Overall, it's tasty, reliable, and presented beautifully, but doesn't always hit the mark. Short ribs can be a bit chewy, or a dish may be a little over salted.

Jam is definitely one to try in a sea of choices in Rehoboth!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere