“Good Happy Hour, poor service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bangkok
“Good Happy Hour, poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014 NEW

If raw clams and oysters are your thing, you should check out the Happy Hour. Excellent craft beer and house wines plus the raw bar makes this a must stop. The dinners are also good. The only disappoint was the poor service. I had to find my own plates and napkins and utensils, as well as walk up to my server who kept talking to the other servers. I saw them sampling the beers when they should have been paying attention to the customers. Management should keep an eye on this.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014 NEW

We had the best oyster stew ever and the black drum fish was fabulous. Sangria was refreshing was excellent. Will definitely visit again when in Rehoboth. Note- go early or make reservation. Place has very limited seating.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014 NEW

This spot is unfailing in good food, good food IDEAS, and excellent service. For a celiac diner, it's a pleasure to find this good attention to details.

Visited September 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Favorite Rehoboth Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014 NEW via mobile

We came back for our 3rd visit to Henlopen City Oyster House during our recent visit to Dewey Beach. After this visit, it's official - Henlopen City Oyster House is our favorite restaurant in Rehoboth.

The menu changes daily but I was in luck - they had my favorite dish on the menu! The fried scallops with bacon Carmel sauce served over bourbon mashed sweet potatoes are ridiculously amazing!

The only thing we don't like about this place is that they don't take reservations. They open for dinner at 5. We got there at 4:45 and waited in the crowded reception area with everyone else waiting for dinner service. I'm glad we got their early because the tables filled quickly!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food with a nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014 NEW

We ate here last weekend after the hotel recommended as the place to get oysters. It only a short drive from Dewey Beach and easy parking now that the season ended. They took our name & cell and text us to let us know when our table was ready, that was such a nice way to wait. From the minute we were seated in the small area outside the kitchen we had fantastic service. We tried the oyster sampler and had fun reading the card and figuring out which oyster we liked better. The salads were huge and very tasty. Great drinks without getting gouged and the entrees were awesome, I tried the Tuna which was cooked the way I like it and very tasty sides like the roasted plum sauce which was yummy. I like leaving a place feeling like the atmosphere wasn't stuffy nor was it tacky, my tummy is full but it didn't cost me $200 to feed to two people. The prices weren't cheap but they were very reasonable for the quality & quantity of food making it a great value. Can't wait for my next visit to RHB since this was my first time there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere