“Great food, a little too crowded” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food, a little too crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I and our friends had a great meal at the Henlopen City Oyster House. The kumamoto oysters and oysters rockefeller were wonderful. I had the po'boy sandwich, which was packed with fried oysters, clams and shrimp. My only complaint is that the restaurant is so terribly crowded.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very expensive. Crowded and moisey .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Good seafood but for the price, I would like to have elbow room to eat. We couldn't hear each other so we sat silently.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Get In My Mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Definitely worth the wait! Wonderful oysters and beverages. Tina did an incredible job behind the bar taking care of all our needs. Everyone needs to eat the Pot Luck. Great sampling of so many things.

“First Timers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I visited for a date night during our recent vacation. We started with the clams casino and steamed clams appetizers and they did not disappoint! We rated the clams casino as the best we've ever had. Next we moved on to the main course. I had the crabcakes and my husband had the Mahi with peach salsa- they were both truly fantastic! I have to admit that I had food envy when I saw my husbands mahi come to the table but my crabcakes were delicious as well. We finished with a chocolate mocha cake that our server recommended. It was delicious, light and full of flavor. We can't to come back! Definitely a restaurant we will return to!

LaGrangeville, New York
“Amazing seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

What a fantastic restaurant! There was about a 45 min to an hour wait but it was well worth it. You give the hostess your cell number and they text you when your table is ready. My husband and I were dining with our 2 and 5 year olds so the wait was a little tough on them. During the wait a waitress saw that our children were getting a little antsy so she brought over crayons and paper for them to color on. The kids food came right out and unfortunately the wait for our entrees took quite a long time. We had to ask the waitress if she could check on the status but then the food came right out and she was very apologetic. ( this is the only reason I gave a 4 out of 5 rating) my husband started with an oyster sampler and then had the scallops as his entree. I had the fish special which they could prepare any way you liked. I chose the Harissa preparation and it did not disappoint. If I'm ever in Rehoboth again I will definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere