“I love Henlopen Oyster House, shhh” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“I love Henlopen Oyster House, shhh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love this place, but don't want everyone to fill it up so I cannot get in. :-) Owner, Chris, is from Baltimore and on hand doing anything from cleaning glasses, pouring beer seating guests. I adored the tuna sashimi and returned and loved the seafood chowder.
Liked eating in the bar area
Great wines by glass selection.
Cheers

New Jersey
“Outstanding Oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Our dining experience at the Oyster House in Rehoboth Beach last week was terrific. Beginning with a wonderful oyster selection and excellent clams we were very pleased. Our main courses, lobster macaroni and cheese and scallop poor boy did not disappoint. When we return to Rehoboth we will surely return to the Henlopen Otster House!

silver spring, md
“Excellent happy hour; very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Have been to this restaurant very many times. Unfortunately, the excellent happy hour has gotten so crowded that it is difficult to get a seat in the bar area. What I love is that they have a large variety of unusual beers and that the list changes often. The bartenders and servers seem to be very knowledgeable about all of the beers and will happily make suggestions based upon your tastes. They also have a nicely varied wine list. The oysters (and especially the sampler platter) are excellent, as are the calamari and the clams casino. My particular favorite meal is the lobster macaroni and cheese, though every other entree that I have tasted was also very good. The ambiance is very nice and well lit, especially during the daytime because of the large windows running the full length of the restaurant. The service is always friendly and efficient. The prices are pretty high (except for happy hour) but this restaurant is worth the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Oysters & Black Drum, oh my!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is phenomenal! The oysters are so fresh, I ended up eating nearly two dozen on my own. I loved the sampler - it really gives you the chance to try oysters from different regions and compare them. So much fun! The beer list is unique and varied, and the wine list is equally varied. We really enjoyed the happy hour fare.

When our server told us that the Black Drum might not be available because the chef was still filleting it, I was willing to wait. I'm so glad I did because it was probably one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. Service was exceptional. We enjoyed a beautiful Sancerre with our dinner, and loved the oyster bucket used as a wine cooler. Very nice touch! Loved the decor as well: great use of space. The high ceilings and white walls made it feel very open without losing it's charm. We will definitely revisit next time we're in town!

Columbia
“Great happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The happy hour specials on beer and food are great. Service is really good even when it is crowded at the bar. They oyster shuckers were very helpful with info and let us try a couple even tho we are not big oyster fans. Great place.

• Visited April 2014