“Wow.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ellicottville, New York
“Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Please read my other reviews. I don't give 5 stars lightly, unlike many reviewers. This was my second visit here. When I walked in, the owner welcomed me back, having recognized me from a year ago! It's always busy here and there is a wait, but they warn you the wait is longer than it really is, which is a plus in my book. I am an oyster nut. My oysters were superb, and the presentation was simple and ideal. The lobster roll would embarrass most Massachusetts locations The lamb shank, one of several non-seafood items, was bliss. The wait staff is well-trained, a rarity these days. Our waitress could describe every beer to perfection. Who else can say this? The beer selection is remarkable for this small location. Ask for the "special beer list" if you're willing to spend a little more. You won't be disappointed. I will be back here every year. I come to Delaware for the annual Punkin Chunkin World Championship. They know me as "Sir John."

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
New York, New York
“Serendipity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were on an all-expenses-paid trip, but we wanted to sneak away for dinner on our own and by sheer luck, this place was on the same street as our hotel. Sleek and modern look and casual ambiance, but with cloth napkins. Oyster season suggested our meal. My companion had an assortment of raw oysters, the provenance of each explained by the server. I had the fried oyster po' boy and fries. Extensive beer and wine choices. This was a delightful meal, served very well, in a terrific atmosphere. What more could you want?

• Visited October 2013
Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Modern Decor, Traditional Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fresh, fresh, fresh! That's the line on the half-shell oysters at this popular Rehoboth Beach place. We had an excellent, relaxed lunch in an airy, modern space with friendly wait staff and well-timed service.

Visited October 2013
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

As a local the only problem is the line. Great people fantastic happy hour. Great beer. Oysters couldnt be any fresher. Joe and chris the owners are great guys.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We often go to Henlopen City Oyster House for happy hour, and have eaten full meals in the bar on many occasions. The bar staff at this restaurant are among the finest I've ever had the pleasure of being served by, and the food served is always top-notch. A variety of fresh oysters are always available; during the season, soft-shell crabs. The other items on the menu including lobster mac & cheese, seafood dishes, salads, and sides have always been terrific. The menu has a range of selections that should satisfy nearly everyone. The one drawback to the place is that it does not accept reservations, so be preapread to wait for a table or even space in the bar -- this restaurant is that popular. It's a high class place that isn't too very expensive; it has energy in the bar area and quiet seating at the tables. I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2013