“Great food- fun atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Great food- fun atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

While the restaurant doesn't take reservations, there is a large bar area to wait as well as counter areas to sit and eat vs waiting as long for a table. Our server, Amy, was very friendly and helpful. Great drink- watermelon margarita (very refreshing). We had delicious food including lobster mac & cheese (my son's favorite), sockeye salmon with peach salsa, and fried clams. Enjoy!

va
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Amazing dinner. The fried green tomatoes were excellent as was the fresh and delicious house salad. I had the halibut and hubs has the blue snapper. Both were to die for. People line up to eat here for a reason.

New York
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor, so after reading reviews we went early. Parking is street metered parking and we were lucky to find a close by spot. Arrived at approx. 4:45, enjoyed a drink at happy hour before checking in for dinner at 5 pm. Restaurant is much smaller than we expected, seating about 45 people, so the tables filled up quickly. On to the food: Hubby had soft clams (piss clams) as an appetizer and he really enjoyed them. I had the fried calamari which was a very large serving. For dinner hubby had the soft shell crabs and thought they were excellent-very fresh. I had the lobster mac & cheese. I had in mind that it would be baked, but it was shell pasta in a cheese sauce, with a nice amount of lobster mixed in. Although it was good, I was a bit disappointed that it was not the baked version. All in all, we would definitely go back. Service was excellent. Very attentive waitress.

1 Thank Carib210
“GREAT food...long wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have to say this was an amazing place to eat. My family and I stopped in our first night on vacation, based on the trip advisor reviews. We had a pretty long wait for a table, but I guess that was to be expected. My entire family loved their meals. I particularly enjoyed the oyster selections, which I made a meal of. The kids devoured their burgers which is rare. I have to say we would have been back, but the wait was just too long. I'm hoping after the beach season subsides we will be back in town for another round here. WELL WORTH IT!!

Avon, Connecticut
“Oyster Worthy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were able to score seats at a foyer high top rather than having a lengthly wait for a table in the dining room. Good thing because getting the attention of the bartender was close to impossible in the crowded bar. That said, a roving waiter took our drink order quickly and we enjoyed iced cold beer and spicy Bloody Mary's along with a sampler of some of the best oysters ever -- clean, fresh and tasting just like the sea!! My son raved about the lobster roll. Grilled triple tail and bouiliabase entrees were very good as well. Despite the difficulty in the bar, the rest of our experience was very pleasant. I'll be dreaming of those oysters for awhile!

Visited August 2013