“My Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“My Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Oysters and Pot Luck steamers...yum! We have never had a big meal here. It does get crowded so plan to wait.

• Visited April 2013

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“BEST OYSTERS IN DELAWARE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Henlopen City Oyster House is our favorite restaurants in Rehoboth Beach. The oysters are so fresh and they are served with a wonderful mignonette sauce. They have a lobster reuben on the menu that is exceptional. Don't miss their homemade desserts that are made by the owner's wife. The wine list is exceptional. Everyone is so friendly here, it's quite an experience!!!!

• Visited March 2013
Mont Clare, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful atmosphere, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great seafood entrees with gormet touch. Also great beers and oysters, shrimp for starters or just with drinks. Excellent quality, beautiful room.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We eat a lot of oysters/seafood and this was an amazing find. We had Salt Pond oysters and (an enormous) beat salad for appetizers, mussels and fish stew for dinner. The oysters were their briny best while the beets were out of this world. I didn't try the stew, but it looked good and my mussels were spectacular -- so plump and the broth was really unexpected -- with orange and pernod (I think). Delish. The service was speedy and so friendly. I ordered a Bloody Mary to start and it came with a full-on pickled salad -- fennel, cucumbers, etc. Again, yum! Sadly, it was our last night for that trip, but we will be back to this great atmosphere and will definitely recommend to our local friends. Highly recommend. I wish we had a place just like this at home.

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Did not disappoint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were told that if we were looking for seafood, we should walk just up the street from out hotel to the Henlopen City Oyster House for what we were told would be the best oysters in the city. My daughter was certainly happy with her oyster sampler appetizer, 8 different kinds, for $16. My escargot salad appetizer was well done, and very nicely presented. We'd hoped to try the rack of elk, but got there toward the end of dinner service, and they'd run out. My daughter "settled" for the delicious pomegranate tuna, while I had a savory bouillabaisse. Their drinks menu impressed, and I tried an Allspice Daiquiri that was definitely worth coming back for. Dessert was a huckleberry bread pudding served warm with ice-cream. All in all, this was a great experience at an upscale restaurant serving expensive, but very fresh and tasty cuisine.

• Visited April 2013