“Quickly becoming my favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Lewes
“Quickly becoming my favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have lived in Lewes now for 15 years, but I still cannot get used to the fact that I have to wait for a table in the off season! Boy have things changed. Of course we arrived right at 7:00 pm which apparently is NOT the time to come :). We are so fortunate to have many fine restaurants in the Rehoboth/Lewes area, but I think this is now my favorite. For those who love craft brews as I do, this place is hard to beat.
As I already said, we arrived at 7:00 and were told we would have a 90 minute wait. After considering our optons we chose to stay and sample some of the lovely specialities of the bar. The bar area was quite crowded, but after about 20 minutes we found some seats. Because of our fantastic conversation, I have no idea how long the wait truly was. But, I was into my second beverage (though I tend to be a bit quick with the drinking). The men ordered a dozen oysters from various locations and though neither are conniseurs of this particular bivalve, they were both surprised at how wonderful they were. We also had a cheese board, also fantastic. I had red snapper that was just fabulous and our fourth has the seared scallops. The server's knowledge was amazing. She had extensive knowledge of everything on the menu as well as the wine list.
Lastly we treated ourselves to dessert. This is not a place you want to miss dessert. We split the key lime pie and some chocolate brownie decadence (not the name but you get the picture). My husband is what you may call chocolate-obsessed. We each had a bite of the key lime pie, which was again amazing. But, the chocolate decadence was pure heaven. I am fairly certain my husband was in ecstasy.

I am looking forward to taking my aunt who is a gourmet chef to this restaurant to show her what Rehoboth has to offer. I am certain that she will enjoy this place as much as we did!

Suffolk, Virginia
“"This restaurant is like finding a pearl in an oyster"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Where to begin............Seafood...Happy Hour...Tina...Ambiance. My wife and I research via Google whenever we travel for the best lodging and dinner venues...call it a habit, but it surely pays off most times. After reading about this seafood meca on line, we just had to see what all the rave was about in Rehobeth Beach. By far, one of the top 2 restaurants in this little town. Seafood is fresh and skillfully prepared and presented. First a delight to the senses and finally, a delight to the wallet. Tina is the main bar tender and a just a sweetheart of a woman. Very knowledgable and very attentive with her customers. Happy hour is amazing and fun. Oysters are cold & tasty with a hint of ocean saltiness. Steamed shrimp are large and perfectly done with pickeling spice and some magic to produce wonderful flavor and aroma. Friendly, comfortable atmosphere with very fine food, beverage and great people enjoying life. Don't miss this one!!

Brooklyn
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is my favorite place in Rehoboth Beach for dining out. The wait can be long. We go to Rehoboth Beach every for Summer. We're spoiled Brooklynite foodies and we come to Rehoboth Beach because of the exceptional dining experiences available amongst other great qualities. We've never had a thing we didn't like on the menu. HCOH is casual and at the same time upscale. I wish I were there now but nooo....I'm planning for the upcoming Summer and thought I would post a couple of reviews while I'm on the site to give back.

We have a young child and this is not her favorite place. She likes another place better. The staff here has always been kind and accommodating with us and her but I think the other place gives a frisbee, crayons and drawing material. Children can be manipulated with plastic! I have at least 5 of those frisbees.

I am so looking forward to the Summer and returning here.

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we dined at this restaurant. It never disappoint us! This time they had rabbit 4 way that they did not have last time, it was just perfect! My wife ordered the halibut and it was delicious. As appetizer the New England clam chowder is creamy, I could eat a whole bucket.
Service is attentive and the place is cute inside

Easton, Maryland, United States
“the Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Lupe was celebrating her 49th Birtday this month (and please do sat say "Again?!!").
So Lupe and the General decided to do a layover in Rehoboth Beach last weekend. (Lupe loves layovers). Stopped at a cute little bar Called the Blue Moon. The General likes to have one or three Manhattans before dinner (truth be told, so does Lupe). Well it is a tres amusing place with some hefty boys wearing makeup and ladies garments, and we got chatting with a cute atheletic boy in a very tight turquoise sleeveless t shirt and even tighter clam diggers (Lupe told him he was pushing the season a tad, but he laughed and told us it was the only clean pants he had. (Mon Dieu!). The General found him delightful (truth be told, so did Lupe). So we asked him where we should dine and the sweet thing recommended Henlopen City Oyster House and we invited him to join us which he did. He said he hadnt had enough protein for a few days and that he loved oysters. Well, needless to say so do Lupe and the General. (Lupe personally believes that what they say about oysters is true. Heaven knows they always act like a tonic on the General). And the bartender makes perfect Bombay Gin Martinis up and they so very much complimented the succulent oysters served at Henlopen Oyster House. I dont remember how many dozen we had (oysters i mean), but that night but Lupe can assure you that we all had our share of protein. Then we all had the Mussels. Lupe and the General LOVE mussels. Eddie (I believe that was our servers name) was knowledgeable, friendly, and he didnt rush us for a moment. We each then had a different piece of fish that was as perfectly cooked and delish as Lupe has had...even in Cabo. Lupe's only criticism is that the decor is a little sparse. More Louis and less warehouse would warm things up a tad. But Lupe and the General will return to Henlopen City Oyster House again! A perfect restaurant! Our young friend then escorted us to a lovely establishment called the LL for more cocktails. My goodness, Lupe was reminded of a few clubs in Berlin, Paris, and Amsterdam in the good old days.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere