“Our Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Brooklyn
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is my favorite place in Rehoboth Beach for dining out. The wait can be long. We go to Rehoboth Beach every for Summer. We're spoiled Brooklynite foodies and we come to Rehoboth Beach because of the exceptional dining experiences available amongst other great qualities. We've never had a thing we didn't like on the menu. HCOH is casual and at the same time upscale. I wish I were there now but nooo....I'm planning for the upcoming Summer and thought I would post a couple of reviews while I'm on the site to give back.

We have a young child and this is not her favorite place. She likes another place better. The staff here has always been kind and accommodating with us and her but I think the other place gives a frisbee, crayons and drawing material. Children can be manipulated with plastic! I have at least 5 of those frisbees.

I am so looking forward to the Summer and returning here.

• Visited August 2012

New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we dined at this restaurant. It never disappoint us! This time they had rabbit 4 way that they did not have last time, it was just perfect! My wife ordered the halibut and it was delicious. As appetizer the New England clam chowder is creamy, I could eat a whole bucket.
Service is attentive and the place is cute inside

Easton, Maryland, United States
“the Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Lupe was celebrating her 49th Birtday this month (and please do sat say "Again?!!").
So Lupe and the General decided to do a layover in Rehoboth Beach last weekend. (Lupe loves layovers). Stopped at a cute little bar Called the Blue Moon. The General likes to have one or three Manhattans before dinner (truth be told, so does Lupe). Well it is a tres amusing place with some hefty boys wearing makeup and ladies garments, and we got chatting with a cute atheletic boy in a very tight turquoise sleeveless t shirt and even tighter clam diggers (Lupe told him he was pushing the season a tad, but he laughed and told us it was the only clean pants he had. (Mon Dieu!). The General found him delightful (truth be told, so did Lupe). So we asked him where we should dine and the sweet thing recommended Henlopen City Oyster House and we invited him to join us which he did. He said he hadnt had enough protein for a few days and that he loved oysters. Well, needless to say so do Lupe and the General. (Lupe personally believes that what they say about oysters is true. Heaven knows they always act like a tonic on the General). And the bartender makes perfect Bombay Gin Martinis up and they so very much complimented the succulent oysters served at Henlopen Oyster House. I dont remember how many dozen we had (oysters i mean), but that night but Lupe can assure you that we all had our share of protein. Then we all had the Mussels. Lupe and the General LOVE mussels. Eddie (I believe that was our servers name) was knowledgeable, friendly, and he didnt rush us for a moment. We each then had a different piece of fish that was as perfectly cooked and delish as Lupe has had...even in Cabo. Lupe's only criticism is that the decor is a little sparse. More Louis and less warehouse would warm things up a tad. But Lupe and the General will return to Henlopen City Oyster House again! A perfect restaurant! Our young friend then escorted us to a lovely establishment called the LL for more cocktails. My goodness, Lupe was reminded of a few clubs in Berlin, Paris, and Amsterdam in the good old days.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewes, Delaware
“Best Oysters, Best Oyster Stew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We're locals and this place rocks! I'm an oyster stew fanatic and this has the best I've ever tasted. We'll brave the traffic to go into Rehoboth for the food here. Everything we've ever had was outstanding. They have several kinds of oysters on the menu, as well as clams, seafood and terrific mac and cheese. Chef is amazing. Oh, and the Bloody Marys and homemade Sangria are very interesting as well. Good Happy Hour specials 4-6. Wait staff and food is always consistently good - I hope this restaurant never changes.

• Visited February 2013
Vienna, Virginia
“Best Seafood Restaurant in Rehobeth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went in March, 2013 for dinner. We didn't have to contend with any crowds as Rehobeth was deserted. The seafood was the best I've had in Rehobeth in over 20 years of visiting.
Each dish is individually prepared, in a creative way. This also takes time, so be prepared to wait.
Staff very nice with excellent knowledge of the menu, wines and beer selection.