“The Gal is Gone” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 234 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Description: It's a Gelato worth pushing through squalls to find, worthy of a pilgrimage, a goal noble enough to inspire you to craw out of a fire-warmed home and sail forth into the night. But, don't take our word for it - see for yourself how our Gelato makes your eyes mist and your knees weak!Not only do we offer the finest award-winning gelato, but we also create hand-made chocolates and smoked/BBQ meats, fish and chicken! Everything is made from scratch using authentic methods to give you a most tasty experience!
CaptRandall
“The Gal is Gone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Sad but true. The Gal is no longer offering her exquisite gelato and BBQ - they are permanently closed. Let us now take a moment to contemplate our futures without fresh fabulous gelato.

“Leave the boardwalk for this treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

A bit off the beaten path, this stand alone treat shop is worth the visit. Homemade fresh and original gelatos and sorbets for the whole family to enjoy!

“Good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Maybe I'm comparing it to amazing gelato I just had in Europe, but this was pretty good, that's the best I can say - no complaints. Servings were large and the staff was VERY nice!

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Stick to Geloto”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have been a fan of Gelato Gal since they opened. Their gelato is very good and they have many interesting flavors to keep everyone happy. I recently tried their new location and tasted the smoked salmon. It was just ok and the sides were tasteless. The platters servings were small in size and frankly overpriced by several dollars. The smoked flavor permeated the area and interferred with the gelato taste experience / dessert afterwards. It is almost overpowering to have the smoking on site. I wish the owners the best, but I will not be coming back for dining or gelato on site. I will continue to buy their wonderful gelato - but take out only.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Findlay, Ohio
“Lovely, quaint little shop, delightful staff, great gelato!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our visit last evening to Gelato Gal was a very positive experience. The two gals that helped us (and provided us with MANY samples of gelato) were very sweet, kind and welcoming. This was our 1st try of gelato and YUM! Our favorite was the cherry vanilla. I had the smoked salmon pita sandwich, and again YUM! We love trying different little shops and food. We also love experiencing warm, friendly people, from all walks of life and all countries. If someone is relaxed, returns a smile and warmth to me or my kids, that's all I ask. This place had all of that in their staff. Thank you! We hope to be back before we leave to go back to Ohio.

• Visited June 2014