“Good Gelato” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 231 restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Description: It's a Gelato worth pushing through squalls to find, worthy of a pilgrimage, a goal noble enough to inspire you to craw out of a fire-warmed home and sail forth into the night. But, don't take our word for it - see for yourself how our Gelato makes your eyes mist and your knees weak!Not only do we offer the finest award-winning gelato, but we also create hand-made chocolates and smoked/BBQ meats, fish and chicken! Everything is made from scratch using authentic methods to give you a most tasty experience!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Gelato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We recently had gelato at this location. It was very good but it was the evening and not alot of good flavors to choose from. They were also a little pricey ,$4.70 for a small cup. I would suggest the gelato shop at the boardwalk, it was amazing and they had a greater variety of flavors and the price was cheaper! The salted caramel was fantastic!

Visited August 2012
1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for your review!

I'm sorry to hear that we may not have had our full 18 flavors in the display case. We make everything from scratch using local products and once in a while we fall a pan or two short on our flavor selections.

We happly do not claim to be the cheapest ice cream store - only the best! Our lead Gelatician trained in Italy and demands that every batch is individually crafted to her standards - a maximum of 6% fat, no preservatives, no trans-fat and all natural. That's why we have taken 1st prize and/or Grand Prize for the contests we have entered.

So drop in again - I'm sure the display will be fully stocked on your next visit. Make yourself comfortable in our tiny sitting area and grab a couple of laughs playing the Foodie Trivia game!

84% Recommend
Pittsburgh
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I tried Gelato Gal while on our annual beach vacation. It was delicious. There were a variety of flavors from which to choose, but I LOVE chocolate and saw that the shop had received awards for their chocolate gelato. It definitely satisfied my need for chocolate. My only regret is that I did not ask for samples of a few other flavors that were on display. I was not sure if I should ask and no samples were offered. I will know for next time....

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“the best gelato ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

we were staying in rehoboth beach for a couple of days and we were looking for a good ice cream place.we tried couple but the weren't special.the last day of our stay we accidentally stopped by the gelato gal on route 1 rehoboth beach.i tried the chocolate and it was the best gelato i have ever tasted.my husband tried pistacio ant that was delicious as well.we also had some coffee and home made truffles. the owner lady was very friendly and i cant wait for the next summer to come back!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Delicious and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Why not stop at Gelato Gal and enjoy an inexpensive, low-calorie, delicious summer treat! The flavors are yummy; service is fast and friendly.

Visited May 2012
1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Awwww, shucks you're making The Gal blush!

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Our employees take great pride in giving everyone excellent service and making your visit enjoyable. Each year we have an international student working for us and they are able to return home, show the Trip Advisor reviews to their friends and family, and tell them about the fun they had with our customers. After all, what is more fun than dropping into the local ice cream store for some Chocolate Zen and Ginger?
Pa
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Liked that I was able to sample the different flavors. Wished they had more of a selection, we arrived late in the day. I tried the chocolate and it was delicious.

Visited June 2012