“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cafe, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: It's a Gelato worth pushing through squalls to find, worthy of a pilgrimage, a goal noble enough to inspire you to craw out of a fire-warmed home and sail forth into the night. But, don't take our word for it - see for yourself how our Gelato makes your eyes mist and your knees weak!Not only do we offer the finest award-winning gelato, but we also create hand-made chocolates and smoked/BBQ meats, fish and chicken! Everything is made from scratch using authentic methods to give you a most tasty experience!
Pittsburgh
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I tried Gelato Gal while on our annual beach vacation. It was delicious. There were a variety of flavors from which to choose, but I LOVE chocolate and saw that the shop had received awards for their chocolate gelato. It definitely satisfied my need for chocolate. My only regret is that I did not ask for samples of a few other flavors that were on display. I was not sure if I should ask and no samples were offered. I will know for next time....

• Visited July 2012

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“the best gelato ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

we were staying in rehoboth beach for a couple of days and we were looking for a good ice cream place.we tried couple but the weren't special.the last day of our stay we accidentally stopped by the gelato gal on route 1 rehoboth beach.i tried the chocolate and it was the best gelato i have ever tasted.my husband tried pistacio ant that was delicious as well.we also had some coffee and home made truffles. the owner lady was very friendly and i cant wait for the next summer to come back!!!

• Visited August 2012
Washington, DC
“Delicious and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Why not stop at Gelato Gal and enjoy an inexpensive, low-calorie, delicious summer treat! The flavors are yummy; service is fast and friendly.

Visited May 2012
1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Awwww, shucks you're making The Gal blush!

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Our employees take great pride in giving everyone excellent service and making your visit enjoyable. Each year we have an international student working for us and they are able to return home, show the Trip Advisor reviews to their friends and family, and tell them about the fun they had with our customers. After all, what is more fun than dropping into the local ice cream store for some Chocolate Zen and Ginger?
Pa
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Liked that I was able to sample the different flavors. Wished they had more of a selection, we arrived late in the day. I tried the chocolate and it was delicious.

Visited June 2012
dc
“Better than Ice Cream in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I thought, having eaten ice cream at Berthillon in Paris, and plenty of gelato in Italy, that I had tasted the best anywhere. I was wrong. I have had "gelato" in Bethesda, in Chicago...all over the place, hoping to recreate those delicious Italian experiences, and to come close to Berthillon. Ar Gelato Gal, I have finally found the best. Better than Paris, better than Italy, Gelato Gal's gelato is to die for. The coffee? Tastes like coffee, plus heaven. The chocolate too. It is not possible to get better gelato than this anywhere! Do not miss this stuff! If you are not staying in Rehoboth, buy it at one of the stores that carry it in Bethany or inland on 26. You will not regret it, that's for sure. Well, maybe you will. Because when you get home, and realize there is nothing to compare to it anywhere in this country, and they don't ship, and you have to wait until you go to Delaware again to eat this fantastic heavenly stuff, well, then you might regret ever having tasted it.

• Visited May 2012
1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Oh stop! You're making us blush!

Thank you for your ringing endorsement - we do our best to make everything authentic. It makes the extra effort we put into our gelato and chocolates worth it when our customers leave ‘bouncy-happy’!