“Better than Ice Cream in Paris” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 235 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Description: It's a Gelato worth pushing through squalls to find, worthy of a pilgrimage, a goal noble enough to inspire you to craw out of a fire-warmed home and sail forth into the night. But, don't take our word for it - see for yourself how our Gelato makes your eyes mist and your knees weak!Not only do we offer the finest award-winning gelato, but we also create hand-made chocolates and smoked/BBQ meats, fish and chicken! Everything is made from scratch using authentic methods to give you a most tasty experience!
dc
“Better than Ice Cream in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I thought, having eaten ice cream at Berthillon in Paris, and plenty of gelato in Italy, that I had tasted the best anywhere. I was wrong. I have had "gelato" in Bethesda, in Chicago...all over the place, hoping to recreate those delicious Italian experiences, and to come close to Berthillon. Ar Gelato Gal, I have finally found the best. Better than Paris, better than Italy, Gelato Gal's gelato is to die for. The coffee? Tastes like coffee, plus heaven. The chocolate too. It is not possible to get better gelato than this anywhere! Do not miss this stuff! If you are not staying in Rehoboth, buy it at one of the stores that carry it in Bethany or inland on 26. You will not regret it, that's for sure. Well, maybe you will. Because when you get home, and realize there is nothing to compare to it anywhere in this country, and they don't ship, and you have to wait until you go to Delaware again to eat this fantastic heavenly stuff, well, then you might regret ever having tasted it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Oh stop! You're making us blush!

Thank you for your ringing endorsement - we do our best to make everything authentic. It makes the extra effort we put into our gelato and chocolates worth it when our customers leave ‘bouncy-happy’!

Columbia, Maryland
“Better Than Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We saw the sign and decided to stop in. The gelato was great, the Gelation Gal (and her dog) were friendly and there were a number of interesting flavors. Worth a try.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
STAFFORD
“A Little Piece of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Excellent gelato! If you close your eyes and savour the flavor, you think you are in Italy. No need for pricey airfare, get to Gelato Gal and your gelato cravings will surely be fulfilled. Got my coconut fix and I was in seventh heaven. I was contemplating on how to bring some home for a 3 hour ride but was not able to come up with a plan. Lots of yummy desserts aside from the gelato can also be had. Went everyday for the duration of our stay and if we were not concerned about our weight, we could have eaten it for lunch, dinner and snack. It is that good and the price is right! Thanks.

Visited September 2011
Millsboro, Delaware
“Our New Favorite 'Ice Cream' Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Five of us visited the evening of August 14. Between us we must have ordered seven or eight flavors (some ordered two flavors). Everything was good, no aftertaste, the place was clean and there was a steady stream of customers. Amanda and staff are always most accommodating - taste as many as you like, no problem.

It is a little out of the way, but don't let that deter you - Gelato Gal is worth the trip.

Visited August 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not Worth The Trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stopped here Sat while at the beach this weekend and I was not impressed. I have been to Italty and this is not what they make there. There was a terrible after taste that I couldn't explain. Maybe it was old gelato, I am not sure. Inside the place didn't seem like it was very clean so we choose to sit outside. They don't provide much in seating but then again they were not real busy either so I guess they don't need it. My friends said hers was ok but that she wouldn't come back. The prices seemed rather high for what you get.

I wouldn't recommend this place if your in the mood for something sweet. I would go the the ice cream place at the boardwalk instead.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
It is obvious from your review you have never been in our shop. It's a shame you are leaving a review that is baseless as can be seen from our other reviews.