“It's NOT ice cream!?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Bear, Delaware
“It's NOT ice cream!?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had NO idea upon entering or exiting with my "ice cream" that it was in fact not ice cream! I ordered the Banannies Foster and it was fabulous! I then read the story brochure that I had picked up while in the shop and found out it was not ice cream at all but actually a frozen banana! I LOVE that they have the Gluten-Free options listed on each menu item! It probably would have been a very healthy dessert had I not ordered one of the specials with nuts, butterscotch sauce etc... So delicious!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Waynesboro, Virginia
“Great lactose-free treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

What a nice surprise! My husband and I stopped by Annie's after he noticed that the store was promoting an alternative to ice cream. Since I am lactose-intolerant, I got excited.

After going for a long walk, we stopped and I got a nutty sundae,which was the puréed frozen banana and peanut butter and peanuts. It was delicious! I have two more days in Rehoboth Beach and I will go back to Annie's.

Union, New Jersey
“<3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

we love Annie's Banannies so much!! we visit several times a day when we're in Rehoboth Beach. it's once a year, but totally worth it. we love you Annie!!!

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best dessert ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I don't eat dairy or white sugar, so I was very excited to find Annie's Banannies last summer. The frozen banana treat is delicious, and there are so many toppings options from which to choose. We are headed out again very soon, and Annie's Banannies is at the top of the list for my son and me!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“Rude, unaccomidating staff member”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Having had Annie's for the first time last summer on vacation, my family was looking forward to enjoying this treat this summer. We stopped in and first noticed the layout had changed. We approached the register attendant who abruptly told us she "had nothing to take our order with" and directed us over to the ordering attendants, the only people that seemed to be professional. My daughter wanted a simple cherry only on top of her kid size treat. The girl taking the order was just going to accommodate that when the rude cash register girl rushed over and said "oh no, we can't do that"...only if my daughter got whipped cream too. WHAT??!! You can throw a measly cherry on top for a 6 year old? I had already ordered for my son or I would have walked out then. So then I ask for a kid size, and again, the unprofessional employee steps in to say "you can't...have to be under 12". I get it, but it's all in how you say it and it just added to all the negativity. So at that point, Annie's lost out on my mom's, husband's, and my order. I paid for the kids and we left knowing that that would be our last trip there all due to the horrible customer service.

• Visited July 2012