“The best of times” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walls Apartments

Walls Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Walls Apartments
You added Walls Apartments to your Saves list
26 Christian Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE   |
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
“The best of times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have been coming here for over 30 years and for us it's like coming home to Grand Mothers house as Ann Mckool is now 95 years old. This lady is one of a kind and we are so thankful for all the good times our family has had here over the years.

This is a place like back in the 50's but it is clean and the folks who stay here have been coming for years and its like a extended farmily now. We are here in prime time and what we pay is what most people spend for just two days we get a full week what a deal. Like the other reviews say its basic living but you can have a wonderful vacation at a very cheap price.

The town has some outstanding restaurants and shops that most you can walk to which for us is a real plus. Not sure how much longer we will be here but thankful for the years we have had. This is a very special place for our family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Columbia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family and I stayed their this summer several nights and we loved it. Mrs Kools is sweet. My teenagers loved the screened in porch and played cards for hours. It was very clean and comfortable and we would definitely go back again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ithaca New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I am going back to Walls Apartment and cottages for my 5th time this summer. It's not fancy but it's quiet, clean and air conditioned. No T.V. but we take out laptops and play movies on there. Mrs. McKool is a lovely lady who has southern charm that's certainly endearing. If you are looking for a place that feels safe, is clean and at a great price for your family, Walls is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you prefer a shower vs an old fashion tub, you need to request it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I felt the previous review was a bit misleading. To call Walls Apt "charming" is an overstatement. I LOVE Walls & go there whenever I can, because I'd rather spend my money in other ways & they're MUCH cheaper than other Rehoboth Hotels, especially in season. But, I have friends who won't go there & that's their perogative. I also LOVE Mrs Walls. She's a treasure. I have actually stayed in her home, in her spare bedroom before, when she misbooked me. But, normally she's reliable! Her apts, I believe are shacks, cottages, very old BUT CLEAN & the beds are comfortable. That's all I need. But, the 1st time I went there, I was "What have I got myself into!" The towels she'll hand you are thin & frayed- again, OLD. So, if you're looking for "Charming" go elsewhere. IF you're looking for cheap & clean- Walls is the place for you, as it is for me!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
central PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I love Walls for it's old-fashioned charm, and the added bonus of having Ann Walls McCool personally check you in and add up your bill in her head. Now Ann is 93 "plus" in years, so that is impressive. Not sure I could do it! Don't expect a TV. But do expect charm, a short walk to the beach, a real quick walk to restaurants and shops, and a very inexpensive bill. Book early. All units but about 2 have cute screened porches and AC, plus a fridge. there are small cottages for one or two, and some houses for more people. We went before it was really busy, so it was nice and quiet. I imagine it is a bit more crowded in the height of summer. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Walls Apartments? Share your experiences!