“My stay @ The High Seas Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
High Seas Motel
Save Saved
You added High Seas Motel to your Saves list
12 Christian Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #23 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Wilmington, North Carolina
“My stay @ The High Seas Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was recently invited to stay @ the High Seas Motel in my home town of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware by a friend who was getting married. Being curious about the motel, I looked it up on the internet to get some information. Well, after reading some of the horrible reviews, I was beginning to wander if my wife & I should even consider staying there. During our 400 mile drive to Rehoboth, we decided that we would just meet the management and look at the room before actually checking in. If we don't like it, we'll move on to another hotel.
Our introduction to the management was quite pleasant, as the sister (of the brother & sister who own and manage the motel) called us on my cell phone. She was returning my call to assure us that we had reservations and that they were looking forward to our arrival. Although normally closed during the winter months, they agreed to open a few days as a gift for my friend who was getting married. When we arrived, the sister helped us get set up in our room by making sure everything in the room worked and that we knew how to operate everything. The ice machine was broken down, but, they (the brother & sister) had filled a cooler w/ ice for the guests. They had one coffee pot in the office and that's when I met the brother, who welcomed us to help ourselves. They made me feel very welcome and special. My grandmother had previously had her home sitting on the property where the hotel had been built back in the 80's. They would tell me stories of their experiences w/ my "Nana" such as preparing & delivering meals or just sitting on her porch and chatting for hours. They lived next door in their private home before the motel was built during their childhood days. Their father has recently retired and they have taken over management opf the hotel.
By writing these comments, I just want to make sure that the horrible image of the High Seas Motel & it's management that I had originally read was not all any potential customers have to judge by. The motel is nothing real fancy. After all, it was built back in the 80's. I can tell you that it is clean, convenient walking distance to most anything you want in Rehoboth and it is run by a FAMILY that knows Rehoboth and cares about its' customers. And unlike most places, the price is right and that's really good in times like we're having in this country. My wife & I even stayed an extra night so that we could visit my family.
Thank you Stacey & George for a wonderful experience while staying @ the High Seas Motel.

Room Tip: Second floor good for security and hauling luggage. No elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
bethlehem. PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

this motel is basic lodging. it is well kept and well managed. the bed was comfortable. the room was clean. there was a refrigerator and microwave, and free coffee in the lobby.
the management was pleasant and accommodating.
the price and location is unbeatable in this area.
i plan to stay here repeatedly in the future

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We booked one night here because it is within a 5 minute walk of the Dogfish Head Brewery Restaurant. The staff couldn't have been nicer at check in/out. We had a ground level room w/ a king sized bed. The mattress was no thicker than 6 inches and rock hard. There was no evidence of bed bugs at all, though there were some spiders in the room...including a tiny one between the sheets. The bathroom cleanliness was below par. The corners of the room were dirty and the very low (6'4) drop ceiling had water stains all over. The sink was outside of the main bathroom and had no drain plug. Overall, I'd stay here again but only if nothing else was available. We only paid $70 for the night compared to other motels in the immediate area that were $100+.

• Stayed September 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went here only because at the last minute they were the only centrally located place in August that was Ok with one night on the weekend. Prepared for the worse, but was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were clean although old and as a another reviewer said were "ultra basic". The central location to beach , shops, restaurants is a big plus. Will not impress anyone you are with but it serves the needs. Also surprisingly quiet on 3rd floor and not disturbed at all by noise. No elevator so you need to pack light if you are up there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adelphi, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at High Seas MANY times with friends. We always book here because it is so close to the beach and bars, and it is so affordable. The rooms have TV's, AC, mini fridge, microwaves, and are cleaned daily. Not to mention the free parking! Nope, it's not luxury, but we're all in our mid to late 20's and this place cannot be beat. The staff is friendly and always pleasant to deal with. High Seas for the win!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ultra basic but was pleased and comfortable for the two nights. Clean accommodations and a comfortable bed. A super plus was Maggie, the office manager who's been there for many many years. Her hospitality added charm and made a wonderful difference. High Seas is conveniently located...2-3 blocks from the beach and a block off the main strip. Parking was great. It was one of two motels referred to us by another that was booked.

• Stayed June 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are small and not very visually appealing, but the are clean. The location is only a short walk to the beach and a block back from tons of shops and restaurants which is nice. Not sure I would stay here for a week, but it was fine for a night.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to High Seas Motel? Share your experiences!