“Quality food @ fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 237 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: American Fusion restaurant located in downtown Rehoboth Beach, Delaware featuring both small and large plates. Mixx has an extensive martini menu. Reservations are suggested
Washington, DC
“Quality food @ fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Rehoboth is full of over priced mediocre restaurants, but MIXX is not one of them. The food at this subterranean eatery is tasty and the prices are reasonable for a resort destination.

MIXX's menu is rather small (as are a few of their dishes...see below) but there is enough variety that even the pickiest diner should be able to find something to eat.

I highly recommend the short ribs burger and suggest avoiding the scallops appetizer (with only two tiny mollusks, it was one of the few over priced dishes).

Rehoboth Beach
“MIXX REPRESENTATION”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Went there during Rehoboth Beach Restaurant Week. Special three course pre-fix menu for $35.00 cited, among other things for appetizers, seared scallops, lobster rolls, and for entrees, crab cakes, rock fish, maui, maui, and desserts. I orders the seared scallops, maui, maui and dessert. Two of my guests ordered the lobster rolls, crab cakes and dessert. The other two guests had the soup, hamburger and dessert. The problem began with the scallops and lobster rolls appetizer. While the menu indicated both as plural, each came with a the scallop came solo as did the lobster roll. The same issue occurred with the crab cakes. Despite indicated crab cakes, each was served with just one. Clearly, this restaurant misrepresented what it stated on its menu. I did not want to make a scene with my guests and did not say anything but I was clearly disappointed to say the least. The next day I called the restaurant and spoke with someone name Ginger who said she was the owner. I recounted my disappointment with the meal and the only thing she addressed was the crab cake by stating, "My chef made the menu and I did not become aware of this until the first day of restaurant week." Considering my party did not dine at this restaurant until the last day of restaurant week which was a Friday in early June, it is inexplicable as to why she could not have annotated the menu to reflect that there would be a single crab cake as opposed to deceiving the customer. Also, she did not even address the same issue with the scallops and lobster rolls appetizer that were also served with a single scallop in the case of the former and a single lobster roll in the case of the latter. Again, a clear case of deception. She offered a 20% discount on my next visit which in no way is a reasonable accommodation considering I paid for appetizers and entrees that were at the very most only 1/2 the amount as advertised. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I and my companions frequently dine in fine restaurants. This was not one of them and the fact that they deliberately deceive their clientele is outrageous if not criminal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fulton, Maryland, United States
“Great service & atmosphere, good food but questionable value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Tonight I dined with my parents and siblings at Mixx to take advantage of a Restaurant Week promotion. It was a three-course Prix Fixe menu for $35 that had several options. I myself decided to opt out and simply crab soup and their Angus Burger which I tried based upon earlier reviews. The eggplant while full of some goat cheese had a nice flavorful taste to it. The soup of the day was a yellow, creamy lobster-type soup served on a wide, shallow bowl. It was the highlight of the night with its rich, creamy flavor that had me sampling until the waitress was about to take it. My main course was an Angus Burger with truffled french fries. The burger tasted fairly good, but it pales in comparison to the cheaper ones offered at places like Summer House. The fries were dependably good and had a freshness though. The one issue was with the wording on the Prix Fixe menu, in which it stated scallops and crabackes plural, but unlike in the standard menu which showed options of just one or both, my father only received one of each and decided to switch in favor of the rockfish. He thought that it was acceptable, but not as good as others and felt that the portions were rather small, along with my brother. That said, the waitress was nice and friendly and the decor was nice with some good artwork on the walls that is on sale if you happen to visit, a separate bar area that actually didn't play sports during part of our experience, and a unique for Rehobeth split-level half basement location. This may not be worth a visit all the time and isn't the best deal along with deserts that are an afterthought, but its a nice intimate setting that has some nice surprises.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Gastro Pub fare and drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Definitely try one of the bartender owners inventive martinis and be sure to try the horseradish braised short ribs...I can't wait to go back and try some of their gourmet burgers. Fun place, great energy, and really good food!

Visited May 2014
“Always a great night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Between the creative martini list and the exquisite small plate entrees, you can't beat MIXX.
From burgers to seafood entrees, calamari to filet, the kitchen shines.
I love the small plate rockfish entree ( and it's a big portion for a small plate!) and the wednesday night special burger menu. There's a shortrib burger that's scrumptious. And the angus burger, with a new twist weekly is marvelous. Sweet potato or truffle fries? I can never decide.
If you come early enough to get a seat at the bar, ask proprietor/bartender Ginger to make you one of her creative martinis. It's a combo of deliciousness and art!
My favorite night at MIXX is Friday, when i can have all of the abbe AND listen to John Flynn on keyboard with Karen Murdock singing.
Yes, it's my favorite Rehoboth restaurant, for good reason.