“Authentic Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: As Matt's first Italian concept, Lupo di Mare offers a fresh perspective on Italian cuisine incorporating local produce and freshly-caught seafood into creative Mediterranean dishes. From tastes like hand-pulled mozzarella and braised pork bolognese, to char-grilled octopus and sea bass with butternut squash risotto, our menu diverges from typical Italian fare while capturing traditional flavors. Vintage European films unfold on-screen in our comfortably intimate dining room, clad in simplistic, Italian-inspired decor. An unassuming staff will guide you through our comprehensive wine collection and unique cocktail list to ensure an exceptional experience. Located in elegant Hotel Rehoboth in downtown Rehoboth Beach, Lupo di Mare is just steps from boutique shopping and minutes from the boardwalk. Stop in and see why the locals rave about Lupo di Mare.
Virginia
“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a lot of fun at Lupo di Mare. There are so many fun appetizers to choose from, so we tried several: the Grilled Artichokes, Seared Octopus Calamari, Arugula salad…even the olives were delicious! The lobster special was wonderful, with homemade pasta – not something you will find at most Rehoboth restaurants! The service was very fast and nice. Great dining experience. We were staying at the Hotel and wanted something close and easy – perfect complement to the hotel and lovely décor and ambiance.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“July vacation restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything. About this was a pleasant experience. Of course our entrees were. Outstanding , but also the wine list, the decor including the art, etc

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“I am mixed on this place - sometimes good sometimes not”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We used to love this place! We would eat here on every trip to the beach. The shaved Brussels Sprouts and baby octopus were to die for! Entrees were hit and miss but we enjoyed the place enough to keep coming back. Then early last year we went and decided to sit at the bar. Poor choice! The bar tender was a sarcastic smart mouth and drunk! Our service was horrible and the food was terrible ! I wrote the restaurant and complained! They offered a discount on our next meal but I declined. I weakened this year and we returned. Our "little dishes" were awesome! White anchovies, artichokes and those Brussels Sprouts! Alas, no more baby octopus. Then our sea bass came out- even a super sharp knife could not cut through the rubbery mess that it was. We returned it, paid our bill and left ( thank goodness there is pizza on the boardwalk). The waitress was very professional, but management never came out to apologize . We probably won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Michael D, Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi

Thanks for joining us at Lupo di Mare and for taking the time to share your experiences with the community of TripAdvisor. I wish that we had been able to deliver an amazing food & service experience to you each & every time you dined with us and apologize that we didn't . Regarding your most recent visit, the server let our MOD know that there was an issue wth the sea bass, and the manager took it off the check. I apologize that she did not come over & personally tell you she had done so. I would like to send you a gift card & have you back here again on us. If you could share your address with me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com I can get a GC in the mail to you ASAP.

baltimore, maryland
“not authentic italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

i really wanted to like this place. the atmosphere is festive and the service was very good. our salads were excellent. my wife enjoyed her fish. however, two of our four entrees were disappointing. i ordered the veal meatballs with pasta. the sauce was extremely sweet and the meatballs were touch and lacked flavor. when we asked what made the sauce so sweet, our waitress told us it was added sugar. definitely not authentic italian cooking.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michael D, Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi

Thanks for joining us at Lupo di Mare & for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere, salads and some of your entrees. I'm sorry that you felt the meatballs were tough. The meatball pasta is one of our most popular dishes, & had we known you were disappointed we would have been more than happy to replace the dish with another one for you! Regarding the sauce, the server was correct, but the amount of sugar that we use is negligible (1/2C for 5 gallons of sauce). Also with the meatball pasta, we use a veal demi-glace. I talked to the chef to see if the extreme sweetness had possibly come from another source, and he was stumped. I would like to send you a gift card & have you back to lupo on us the next time you are in town so that you can have the experience we try to deliver to everyone. If you could share your address with me wither via TA message or email me at mike at sodelconcepts dot com I can get it in the mail for you.

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had a great dinner at Lupo's. My sister and I had a great dinner with exceptional service. The gnocchi is delicious and my sister loved the chicken parm. Panna cotta was also delicous! Nice friendly place for a good meal at great prices.

Visited June 2013
Michael D, Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hi Chrissey

Thanks for joining us at Lupo di Mare and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm so glad that you and your sister had a great evening and enjoyed your meals & dessert! I'm also glad that you felt the service was exceptional. For us, a great meal needs to have great service to go along with it & we focus on training and education with our staff very heavily. If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com. Hope to see you again soon!