“Great place for some Chicken Parm” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 216 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lupo Italian Kitchen on Rehoboth Avenue is where you can find fresh takes on Italian cuisine intermingled amongst coastal and regional offerings. Our produce is sourced locally and is mostly hand selected from the farms and markets dotted throughout the southern part of the state. Our menu consists of flavorful tasting items that welcome guests to try numerous exciting and exotic flavor combinations. Our fresh, line caught seafood is at the core of our companies philosophy and sits in abundance on our menu. Hand selected and crafted meat options resemble simple and delicious rustic fare. All of our delectable desserts are made in house with great care and attention. Our quaint sit down corner bar is similar in practice as we create tasty seasonal concoctions daily with every new batch of fruits and herbs that come in. A fully stocked wine shelf holds unique and acclaimed wine selections that eagerly await pairings.
Oakton, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for some Chicken Parm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Another wonderful dinner at Lupo di Mare. We started with cheese and ham and a salad each. I had the Chicken Parm and my wife, the Eggplant Parm. Great bottle of wine to complement the dinner. Finished off with Tiramisou.

Visited May 2013
Michael D, General Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi Joseph

Thanks for dining with us at Lupo di Mare & taking the timt to share your experience with the users of TA. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the chicken parm & the eggplant. They have staples of our menu since we opened, and I think if we took them off there would be an uprising! Thank you also for your continued support of our restaurant. If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.

London, United Kingdom
“Cold Food, Strange Ideas for Serving Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I went to Lupo di Mare this past weekend. It was out third time there -- the first two times were good experiences. What the heck happened this time? First off, I ordered the small appetizer billed as "Chick Peas" for $4. I also ordered as an appetizer "Grilled Zucchini" at $4 (these are small sampler plates, that's why I ordered two). The chick peas arrived cold, out of the can, with a drizzle of olive oil on them. The grilled zucchini arrived cold and in some kind of balsamic. Nowhere on the menu did it say they'd be cold. And who the hell would just open a can of chick peas, dump some on a plate, and serve them that way for $4? At least they could have warmed them, fried them, or salted them. And, you'd expect GRILLED zucchini to arrive right off the grill. But what added insult to injury was the entree I ordered -- salmon with grilled artichokes and asparagus. Guess what, a hot piece of salmon arrived over COLD crisp asparagus and artichokes! What did I have to do for a warm or hot dinner? Of course I told them to take it away...and they left it on the bill! I had to insist to take it off. In all fairness, they took off the cost of the two small plates and the entree -- but geez, what was the chef thinking, to serve items billed as grilled, but served cold. Easy for them to do, but for guests, a disappointing dinner. No one comes out to dine and expects everything cold. I'm not sure if we'll try Lupo di Mare again. This is part of an excellent area group of restaurants which we love, but this themed location maybe is trying to be too funky a take on the classic Italian restaurant. Note to chef: warm up the contorni if you bill them as grilled!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michael D, General Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi Mike

Thanks for dining at Lupo di Mare & for taking the time to share your experience with the users of TA. We welcome positive & constructive feedback equally with open arms & minds. As our wait staff & management staff did on the day of your visit, let me again apologize for your experience. Your server Meghan was aware of your dissattisfaction during your meal, and she along with our manager made several attempts to fix it while you were still here. However, by the end of the meal you asked to be left alone. Our policy is if a customer is dissatisfied with anything, we take it off the check. We did that with the small plates, & instead of comping the $24 salmon, we offered you a $50 gift card, which we absolutely wanted you to have but which you refused. I sincerely would like to have you & your wife back to dine with us again at our expense. Please feel free to contact me via TA message or email me at mike at sodelconcepts dot com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Suffolk, Virginia
“"A Separate, but adjoining amenity to Hotel Rehobeth"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The service and food choices here are second to none. Ken is one of the bar tenders/wait staff here. Very exceptional young man. He is the type of employee that one would expect from a restaurant of this caliber and he does not disappoint. This exceptional delight of a restaurant also provides "room service" for the Hotel Rehobeth. Service is prompt and very friendly and professional. The food quality is in a word...."delicious". Menu items were diverse and change on a daily basis which offers very nice variety. Do NOT miss out on the shredded Brussel Sprout appetizer....OMG!!!! Such a superb surprise. We enjoyed their offerings for 3 separate occasions without the slightest disappointment. Simply put, "OUTSTANDING"!

Visited March 2013
Michael D, Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi!

Thanks for dining at Lupo di Mare and for taking the time to share your experience with the users of TA. I'm so glad that you were able to dine with us on 3 separate occasions & on all 3 enjoyed your experiences. I have to say that of all the dishes in all of our restaurants, the shaved brussels sprouts are probably my favorite thing that we serve! If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to contact me at mike at sodelconcepts dot com or via TA message. I hope to see you soon.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Our new weekly go to Italian place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

we are year round residents and have tried EVERYTHING in town and have found Lupo to be our fave for good, authentic, homey Italian food. ALways a great value, huge portions and the specials are always new and interesting. Good food, friendly environment, great staff! Makes for a wonderful dining experience. We often take out of town guests there as well.
Grazie!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael D, Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hi Pat

Thanks for joining us at Lupo di Mare & for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm so glad that you not only enjoy the food & feel but also feel that it's a great value & the staff is wonderful as well. Few things mean as much to us as earning the adoration of the local community. If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com. Hope to see you soon!

Lancaster, Pa
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We ate here while staying a wekeend at the Hotel Rehoboth. Overall we were disappointed in our food, my husband had the eggplant parmesan and wasn't impressed. I had the spaghetti and clams and it wasn't what I was expecting. There were plenty of clams, but I was expecting a red sauce, maybe that was my own fault. We also noticed the nice white tablecloths had a piece of white paper over them. They were trying to be a nice restaurant so why was there paper on the tables? Also, it was not full when we were there, but I noticed that the tables were very close together. If it was full we would have had people right beside us. The bread pudding was nice for dessert, although one piece was too much even to share. Overall we were expecting something more and it didn't deliver. We were just not impressed by the atmosphere or the food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SoDelConceptsManager, Manager at Lupo, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We are so sorry and disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience at Lupo di Mare. It is our goal to ensure that every customer receives the level of food and service that they expect. We will certainly share your sentiments with our management and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next trip to Rehoboth Beach.