“Excellent Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Lewes, Delaware
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We ate dinner there this past Sat. night with a party of four. The food (mostly seafood dishes) was excellent. The service was very friendly and prompt. We shared the shaved Brussel sprouts which are very tasty and creative. The only negative is that the restaurant tends to be loud, but some people don't mind that. It's our second visit in the past two months and the food and service seem to be consistently excellent.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A delicious respite from a hot hot summer day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

My daughter and I stopped here last summer on a blistering hot day in July 2010. We popped in for a early dinner - around 5 - 5:30p.m. Had the proscuitto cantaloupe appetizer. It was perfectly chilled and delicious - quality proscuitto. My daughter had the gnocchi with gorgonzola cream and I had the pork bolognese with rigatoni. A calm beautiful restaurant with attentive waitstaff and a classic Fellini flick on the flat screen. We still talk about that restaurant and the fine food we had there. We will go again next time in Rehoboth Beach.

• Visited July 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern Maryland
“Busy but worth the wait!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This restaurant is very small and from the outside seems to be a bit plain. Once you reach your table though, your perception will change! We started off with fresh bread and olive oil w/spices for dipping and followed it with the homemade mozzarella appetizer. The mozzarella was out of this world!! My husband ordered the Pan Seared Sea Bass and I had the Shrimp & Scallop Carbonara. My husband absolutely loved the butternut squash risotto that was served with his dinner. He found the sea bass itself to be a bit bland but well prepared. He really couldn't discern the pumpkin seed salad from everything on the plate. Overall he was very happy with his dinner.

My dinner was fabulous!! The shrimps and scallops were well prepared (I think I would have like the scallops better if they'd been pan seared first) and were tasty, but if they had been left out of the dish and only the carbonara served, I still would have been happy! The carbonara was incredible! It was so good it could have stood by itself with no additional components necessary! Try as I might, I couldn't eat it all, the portion was that large - of course my husband had no problems finishing it for me!

We shared the flourless chocolate torte and it was just to tasty for words. There is no way we could have each eaten dessert after the dinners we had just eaten!

Without a doubt, if we ever return to Rehoboth Beach, we will visit this restaurant again!

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Haymarket, VA
“Excellent food, nice atmosphere, plentiful portions, good prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

This past week, on the recommendation of a friend, my wife and I tried Lupo di Mare on a stay in Rehoboth, and we were very pleased with our experience. The restaurant, located on the main drag, is well lighted, airy, and well, if sparingly, decorated, tables are well-spaced and of good size. Service was attentive and well paced: not too fast, not too slow. The menu had many tempting and unusual selections of authentic Italian food, and the wine list contained some interesting-- if a little pricey--choices.

Our meals were excellent from start to finish—interesting dishes very well prepared, and the bill didn’t break the bank. We will be returning to Lupo di Mare.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach
“Best of Food, Service, and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

My wife and our friends enjoyed a wonderful Sunday dinner there in August. It was our first time there, and we were pleasantly delighted of the food selections, presentation, and service we were proviced that evening. Specials are offered daily for those on a budget. Definitely a great experience overall, in a very nice location at Rehoboth.