“In a pinch, not so bad” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Anchorage Motel
18809 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #19 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“In a pinch, not so bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute reservation on a busy July day, was able to get a room here. Very basic, but clean. Location was so-so. I would suggest going to walmart for some pillows if you need to stay here.... And maybe pick up some shampoo too...

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

When my job booked this motel for me for a work conference, I was a little worried. The website doesn't make it look great and it's a motel in the middle of strip malls, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised. It's a newer building that's well-maintained. It doesn't have too many frills, but the room was spacious and clean. There's plenty of parking and it's only about 10 minutes to the beach. This is a great place for an affordable stay near the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This motel is on the coastal highway, a few miles from the beach. Your best option to get to the beach, in my opinion, is to drive to the Park and Ride, behind the Holiday Inn Express (a couple of miles south), which runs frequently and will drop you off at (and pick you up from) the Boardwalk. (Or you can drive down, but parking is limited and the meters are RELENTLESSLY hungry for quarters!!)

Obviously, it's more convenient to stay right on the beach, but the price is right (at least half of what we would have paid to stay beachfront!!) and if you can't be right on the beach, you might as well be right near the outlets, right? And there are plenty of places to pick up food or other necessities on the Coastal Highway.

Overall the place is fine-- friendly and helpful staff, looks to be fairly recently updated, nice shower, beds reasonably comfortable and quiet (did not hear highway noise, but then again, we had an "inside" room!), and we felt safe. We also were very happy to have a fridge. But we were disappointed when it came to the little things.

For example, we immediately noticed that our room had hair everywhere that was not ours. Most notably, on the floor of our bathroom and stuck to our blankets (under the comforters, which we've always known to remove.) And I'm not just talking like 1 or 2 hairs. This gave me the creeps...

Also, as others have said-- there are no frills here. I'm fine with their not providing a hair dryer, or little shampoos/conditioners (I knew from others' reviews that I'd better pack my own), but our room seriously needed a towel rack, or at least a towel hook or two. We had this giant bathroom, but there was nowhere to hang our bath towels, nevermind our beach towels! Also, I didn't feel unsafe, but I would have felt safer if my room had a dead bolt on the door, and I'm not used to not seeing one. I thought those were pretty standard these days.

All in all, I'd stay here again, but I might look for other options first.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you might ask for a room that does not face the highway. (I slept fin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had booked a room at Anchorage Motel, was supposed to be a King bed room which we booked two months before, it turned out to be a room with double beds was very upset, very uncomfortable beds my husband is 6'6 so it was a very uncomfortable nite, Plus there was a group of people that were so loud till 4 in the morning did call to complain, and the response was she did not hear them, You can hear what goes on the other room quite well, so be warned, So we paid $171.00 with tax which is not what is stated by people on trip adviser I do think we were overcharged for what we got, you do have to bring your own handtowels they give you two regular towels, Did try to talk to the owner but was no where around, I will go back to Hotel Rehoboth its worth it even if you pay a little more

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend getaway with our teenaged daughters. The room was clean, price was great! About 5 mins from Rehoboth Beach and 15 mins from Cape Henlopan State Park. The park beach is much less crowded.
Ask for a room with a microwave and fridge, makes it much nicer to chill drinks and food before a beach day. Front desk staff friendly, close to Food Lion and restaurants. Much cheaper than nearby hotels!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

As previous reviewers have said, this is a no-frills motel but clean and a good value. No hand towels, no shampoo, no hair dryer -- but if you're forewarned, you can bring your own. We did not have any problems with noise. You will have to drive to the beach fighting traffic on the coastal highway but that's the case with any hotel along this stretch of the road.

Had a great meal at The Pickled Pig Pub right across the highway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights - had 3 rooms- all were clean & staff was very friendly. Had mini fridge & microwaves in our rooms- Price was very fair for fourth of July weekend. Just a short drive away from beach & fishing. Would stay there again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Anchorage Motel? Share your experiences!