“Much better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anchorage Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Anchorage Motel
18809 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #15 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
central Ohio
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

After seeing prices at comparable lodgings nearby for $25-50 higher, I was skeptical of the good reviews here. But our experience was great and I'd definitely book it again.

My daughter and I arrived around 9 pm, and the manager (owner?) was pleasant and efficient getting us checked in. Our room was spacious and everything was clean. It had a fridge and a microwave. The beds were comfortable, although the mattress covers were noisy. We were able to stream music all night on the wi-fi without trouble. The room was quiet all night, even with a busy highway right outside. No breakfast, but there are plenty of restaurants within a few blocks.

The property is clean and attractive. The beach is 5 minutes away. Sure, we might have been able to listen to the waves if we'd booked someplace closer to the shore, but it would have been hard to justify the extra cost. With the money we saved we were able to spend more time away from the motel enjoying ourselves.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Warrenton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We only needed to stay one night in Rehoboth before heading to Cape May and had a hard time finding a place that would rent one night. Anchorage was available and allows one-night stays. The cost was well below other lodging in the area, but it was a convenient location. It was very quiet and clean. We had a king room and it had a refrigerator in it, so that was helpful since we were traveling with a baby. Drove out to the boardwalk area, which took about 5 minutes. My husband did the checking in and out and he said everyone was very friendly. Hope to make this an annual stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mansfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice clean motel, very afordable. Close to restaurants and shopping. Also close to Lewes fishermans Wharf and Cape Henlopen State Park. If you can't be happy staying here you likey won't be happy anywhere in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Got a room for a Saturday night peak season at the Anchorage Motel last week. SUBSTANTIALLY less expensive than other similar quality establishments in the area, and was very conveniently located to restaurants and attractions and less than 10 min from the beach. Then turned out to be very pleasantly surprised by the room and staff. Friendly, helpful front desk guided me around the area. The room itself was fairly new construction, spacious, quiet, and clean. The drawback would be the minimal amenities (i.e. no shampoo, coffee maker, pool, breakfast, blankets somewhat worn.) Basically a place to sleep, take a shower, and watch tv. I would rather come back here next time, and take the $100 to $150 per night I would save compared to another hotel, and spend it on my own toiletries and meals.

Room Tip: back of the motel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Once again, nothing but good reviews from me. The Anchorage has never disapponinted my wife and I. I am so glad that I found this place back in 2009. We have stayed there everytime we have decided to go to Rehoboth or Ocean City. I would rather stay in a nice place like here and drive to Ocean City, then to have a motel in Ocean City and pay those expensive prices for the motels, and most of them that we saw were not very good looking on the outside. I referred 2 of my friends to this motel and they even liked it alot. The staff is VERY friendly and always remembers us when we come back. I wish I could give it 10 stars instead of 5!!!!!

Room Tip: Affordable, Clean, Quiet and Cozy
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Always book from home using their 800#, makes check in fast and easy. Rooms are clean, smell good, lots of parking, fridge and microwave. Location is perfect. No complaints.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I couldn't find a hotel the weekend before Memorial Day to stay for just one night. Went on line and found this motel who would accomodate us for just the one night. $100. A nice room - clean - plenty of space and we also had a refrig and microwave.
Crabby Dick's is right next door so it was close enough to walk.
I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a short stay. No frills so bring your own shampoo, hair dryer, etc. Nice people in the office.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Anchorage Motel? Share your experiences!