“Welcome to the Jungle” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Avalon, New Jersey
“Welcome to the Jungle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Everything was remarkable! A lazy river with so much to see, you can't experience it in just one lap. After the entrance fee, I was skeptical, but the decoration alone was splendid. Go-karts, mini-golf, and several lounging areas provided entertainment even for the hydrophobic. After several goes on the relaxing lazy river, I decided to try something extreme and tried my luck on the slides. I was not disappointed. The smallest of the slopes was thrilling and completely safe at the same time, and the bigger the ride, the better. At the end of the day, I climbed up the hill to ride the Anaconda, the biggest and fastest slide at the park. The line was short, and the workers took every precaution to ensure the rider's safety. When I began my ride, I had my doubts, but soon I was shouting with glee as I sped through tunnels and over hills. I picked up speed and more speed and until suddenly, it was over. I didn't even lose my lunch, a healthy salad and grilled hamburger, which was delicious and underpriced at the Jungle Jim's cafe. At the end of my adventure, I treated myself to a cheap ice cream, and lounged in the sun for a while. My conclusion: money well spent, food well cooked, and the best water park I will ever visit. Memories made here will last a lifetime!

Rockville Centre, New York
“Best family friendly water park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We visited Jungle Jims on the 24th of June, the first weekend after school let out, so it was not too crowded. It was $35 for anyone over 48 inches but we did find a $2 off per person coupon to use. It was definitely money well spent. We loved the whole atmosphere and jungle theme. The park was just the right size for our kids, ages 7 and 9. They had a good number of water slide including a water coaster and a family tube ride. The wave pool which fed the lazy river was great and so were the other two areas made just for kids. It was clean, lots of seating areas, plenty of lifeguards, and a nice selection of food for a quick lunch or snack.

Levittown, New York
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

it was very nice. the only thing was the food was bad. and workers had ladder fixing lights where we had to order food. so it wasn't save. they could have waited till the park or food court was closed

Brookeville, Maryland
“Had a Splash, I mean a Blast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I recently visited Jungle Jim's with a group of individuals I work with. The place was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful.
We loved the lazy river and the slides!

Washington, DC
9 attraction reviews
“Great facility, but not cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a great alternative to the beach, particularly for little kids. The facility is very large, and the website gives a good overview. My daugther (3.5 years old) had a blast in the kiddie pool (about 18 inches deep, and large), which has seven small water slides, including a pirate boat in the middle with multiple slides. (The rest of the water park looks great, too, but I didn't get to try it.) We went the first two days the park opened for the 2013 season, and it was relatively empty, so that made the experience a lot nicer. The park overall is very clean, well-maintained and very well patroled by life guards. The food from the cafe was fine - a bit better than I had expected, and not outrageously priced. Locker rentals aren't cheap ($5/day). All in all, in can be a fairly expensive day, but if you are tired of the beach, it's a fine way to spend the day. The only negative I can think of is that there aren't as many shaded areas as would be ideal, particularly if you are there on a hot day.