“relief from overpriced seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Saketumi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 235 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We are a modern Asian restaurant that offers Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese food along with amazing sushi. Happy Hour is 4pm to 6pm everyday offering discounted sushi and appetizers (restrictions apply). Wednesday night is $15 Bento Box Special for dine in. Lunch specials daily.
Hollywood, Maryland
“relief from overpriced seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My son and I stopped in for dinner. It was out of season so we pretty much had the sushi bar to ourselves. This was the best sushi I have ever had. We will compare any other sushi we have to their volcano roll; Saketumi always wins. Good selection of cocktails as well. This place was a welcome respite from the tourist trap seafood places lining Hwy 1. We now make a point of stopping there every time we go to visit my parents and even when crowded we've never had a dissapointing meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ocean City
“Not Ready for us and Really did'nt care”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We made a reservation with a large group... The tables were not set up...The manager never came to our table.. We had 1 server for 40 people... No music.... the server was also a bartender.. When food came out not sure where it went... I could go on and on... The server was good but can't serve 40 customers and tend bar... Very disappointed....

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SaketumiRestaurant, General Manager at Saketumi, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
First of all I am sorry you and your party had a disappointing experience at our restaurant. Unfortunately I was not quite understand as to what the circumstances were with your party. I never have a bartender attend a large party while attending the bar unless it's during Happy Hour at the bar section. We do not accept reservations for Happy Hour. So if you made a reservation and decided to enjoy Happy Hour then the table would not have been ready since the happy Hour special is first come first serve. Also as a manager of Saketumi for the past 5 years, I try to make sure our guests are doing well but sometime it not customary for me to go to every table. However if there is a problem or unhappy guests then I will attend to them at all times.
Once again we apologize for a disappointing experience you and your party had and we will try to better improve our services in the days to come.
Lincoln City, Oregon, United States
“Terrible service, small portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I don't normally write reviews, I'm a server by profession so I try to not be too critical based on how I do my job. However, Saketumi was quite possibly the worst service I have ever gotten in my life. I grew up in the area but moved away several years ago.This was my first experience with the restaurant, a friend of mine suggested it for dinner. As we only get together once a year, we try to choose nice places for our dinners. I read some of the reviews & was actually excited to go to dinner & try out their happy hour options. We arrived for happy hour on a Sunday at 4pm. There were about three people sitting at the bar and no other tables in the section. My party of 4 sat & was greeted by our server, who I can only hope was starting his very first day. He asked for our drink orders before giving us menus & proceeded to tell me I could not have water unless I ordered a soda or alcoholic beverage or regular menu dinners. I'm fine with that, but I would like to have a chance to look at your menu to see what you are offering. I made the mistake of asking him to clarify something on the menu & if they had certain fish that day, he had to make about 4 trips to the back to ask someone else. Their happy hour menus consists of the tiniest portions of the most basic things you can think of but their regular menu with the specialty rolls was interesting so I gave that a try. After everyone in my party had placed drink orders (2 btls beer, 1 mixed drink, 1 ginger ale) our server brought over each drink, 1 at a time. We all asked for water with our beverages & had to ask at least 5 more times before we got it. When he took our food order he forgot to ring in part of mine so I had to wait even longer to get half of my dinner. We were the only table up until he delivered our food. When you get your food, don't expect much. The happy hour portions are really small, which is expected since their cheap. But the specialty rolls are also extremely tiny and not worth $12-$16. My friend ordered his second beer not long after we got our dinner and it took him 15 minutes to get it. His girlfriend got a mixed drink, 4.50 for 4 ounces of pineapple juice & cranberry. My boyfriend's ginger ale (which we didn't drink bc we don't drink soda) was $2.75, my beer was $2.50.

Having said all that, I can understand the prices & portion sizes. Rehoboth is a resort town & any decent restaurant in the area is going to jack it's prices & serve as little as possible. However, there is no excuse for terrible service. It takes forever to efficiently serve people if you only carry one thing at a time while being rude and clueless of the menu. I might be biased, as I expect to be served the way I serve all of my tables,but there is a level of competency that someone bar tending in that nice of a restaurant should have. We won't be going back the next time we're in town.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I am sorry your experience at our restaurant was not satisfactory. Like most places we do offer specials throughout the year and our Happy Hour is one of them. Being it a "special", our Happy Hour has some restrictions as well. In the past we had many people trying to take advantage of the lower priced sushi and appetizer only. But since our "Happy Hour" is actually a bar promotion to increase the sales at the bar, we do require our guests to order some sort of drink weather it be alcoholic or non alcoholic in order to receive the Happy Hour promotion. I apologize for not having been able to better service your party and will talk to the bartender who served your party and further educate in better service. I am not sure if this was the case but our Happy Hour can get a bit hectic since it ends at a certain time. Sometimes at the last minuet people will rush in to place orders before Happy Hour is over. What ever the case is we will try harder weather it be "Happy Hour" or regular dining to provide better service.
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Above average sushi; too cold in the winter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The sushi is above average, but not amazing. The place is absolutely freezing in the winter. I wouldn't go back because it was far too cold in there, it definitely isn't worth paying for a restaurant experience if you can't even take your coat off. The "hot tea" was only luke warm. My wife who eats sushi frequently and always orders vegetarian sushi at other restaurants found sesame in the white rice on the avocado and sweet potato rolls, which she did not like with the flavor. The service seemed good, however.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sleepy Hollow, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food is excellent, service is great, great prices and easy parking. Music on some nights. The sushi is a great deal but all of the menu items we have tried have been great.

Visited December 2012