“Overpriced” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a Holiday Inn in DC the night before for 20% less than we paid at this dated hotel, despite booking well in advance. The breakfast was extremely disappointing - pictures of the "healthy choice" fruit but no actual fruit, even when I asked, plus lukewarm rather than "hot" offerings (45 mins before the official end of breakfast, I hasten to add). The room was a very good size and the bathroom was spotless, but the place definitely needs updating. The fitness room was one if the worst I have seen in my US travels. Playing off the location and not offering great value, I am afraid, despite friendly staff and the positives listed above.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stevensville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed one night to attend the Sea With festival. We arrived late and didn't want the room on the first floor with a smile the front dek clerk changed or room. She was helpful and curteous. The rooms were spacious and very clean. They could update their tv's but overall a very nice place. The gentleman on duty the next morning even refunded money to me because the switch we made was less money. Will go back!

• Stayed October 2012
Ashburn, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We checked into a room that appeared that time forgot- no working phone, no working plug in lights( with no light bulbs either). When I walked down to the front desk and inquired if maybe the room wasn't ready, I was told that "oh, we are renovating and that room must not be finished". Ok, I bought that. The next room we were given had those things, but also had a toilet that was not attached to the floor- making it a wild ride when you used it. We pointed this out to them in case it flooded- no one ever fixed it. The front desk staff were usually not pleasant- or pleasant and very over worked.There was no sign of any renovations going on in the hotel either. The hotel must have been overwhelmed with guests during breakfast, because two of the three days, the buffet was wiped out and the poor person at the front desk was trying to refresh things and check people out.

The location is good if you are going outlet shopping. Going to the beach is a hike and you need to be aware that you are on a very busy highway- someone walking by the outlets was struck by a car. I would not chance walking to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask about on-going renovations and prepare to ask to be moved if it is not a complete room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Slingerlands, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My stay at this hotel was amazing. The rooms were newly renovated and very clean. Unlike most hotels, you're able to open the windows. The water pressure in the shower is also great. The staff at the front desk was also very helpful at 10:00 at night when the wifi wasn't working. The breakfast was also great with waffles and sausage. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was looking for a hotel to accommodate my large family. I was looking for an indoor pool for my little ones, enough room for the older ones a small fridge, and a quick breakfast. Quality Inn served all our needs. The rooms we got were "suites" which for a few extra bucks allowed my kids to sleep comfortably. The ceilings were nice and tall. It gave us a little extra room with a couch, which my kids used as a bed instead of bunking with a sibling on a queen bed. The bathrooms were clean as was the room. I'd definitely recommend this hotel fo looking for similar needs.

• Stayed October 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Things were not clean -- somebody else's hair was in the sink, and chocolate - or something that looked like it - was smeared across the TV remote). The TV was over a decade old with really bad reception. Every electric outlet was loose. The room smelled like a Subway Sandwich (I was told this was due to the fresh new paint, but there wasn't any!). The towels were scratchy. There was no trash contained in the bathroom. There were no tissues anywhere. Teenagers were screaming in the halls into the wee morning hours. The bed sagged. When I complained the next morning (since there was no phone in the room to call the front desk), the manager said "that's too bad."

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The inside of the hotel was standard and our room was clean. They advertise that it's a walk to the beach, but it's a mile walk to Rehoboth Beach. We didn't mind a mile walk, but it's a little misleading if you plan on staying with the elderly or with children.

Both women we spoke to at the front desk were so rude it was almost like they were doing it on purpose for fun. I won't get into specifics, but we were treated more as an inconvenience than as customers. We won't ever make the mistake of staying there again.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the elevators and vending machines. All night we heard the constant "...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!