“disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rams Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rams Head Inn
You added Rams Head Inn to your Saves list
35006 Warrington Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Youngstown, Ohio
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I arrived at Rams Head anticipating a great experience but that soon faded. I first noticed how dated everything looked. It reminded me of an old castle, cold and with
dated decor. I immeditely got the feeling, that the owners could care less if was there or not. They were not a happy pair. Being into landscaping, I noticed how much work needed to be done. Weeds and overgrowing vines were taking over especially near the hot tub and play area. The only saving grace was the morning coffee and breakfast. My impression is that this inn has seen its day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for your review even though it must be several months since your stay. Why did you wait so long to post a disappointed review? There are lots of vines covering the hot tub and back fence, it's called ivy. The other vines into the play area is honey suckle, but being into landscaping you probably knew that. The entire front of the property has been newly landscaped with a new entrance. Thank you for noticing and mentioning that, oh wait, you didn't.
The feeling of an old, cold castle was perhaps the past, but has been revamped with our ownership. As far as us not caring if you were supposedly here or not...absolutely silly. I won't even respond to your accusation of "they were not a happy pair". Ok, I will ... really?????
I and glad you enjoyed the breakfast and variety of teas and coffee available 24 hours.
However, I sincerely do appreciate your thoughts and comments. I would welcome your landscaping suggestions.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had an interesting trip to Rehoboth staying at Rams Head. The owners were a little overbearing and I had to get my point across that I wanted to be left alone to enjoy the inn and not be entertained. After that, they kind of ignored me, which was fine. I did note that the owners do their own room cleaning and yard work both of which were subpar to say the least. I stayed for 4 days and not once did I see a vacuum cleaner, mop or broom in action even between guests leaving and another taking the same room. I guess that explains sand on the floor in my room when I arrived.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bellmawr, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went down to Rehoboth beach Del for the weekend on a whim and stayed at the rams head it was the best stay i ever had there, I've stayed at a couple of hotels in there area for either pleasure or business. and they all were nice. Then Rams head was exceptional, I stayed in the Windsor room which was really clean and comfortable. the feel of the room reminded me of my Pocono house, tranquil and made me feel at home not at some hotel. Frank and Paul were so accommodating and attended to any needs I may have had. I will definitely return and hopefully during peak season it looks like it would be a great time.

Room Tip: all the rooms they have look great they gave me a tour. some rooms are right by the pool the hot tub...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review and share your experience here at the Rams Head Inn. Paul and I try to listen and meet the concerns of our guests. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience. We both look forward to your return visit hopefully in the near future. Feel free to let me know if anything needed to make your stay even more enjoyable in the future.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I won a silent auction last year for a two night stay at the Ram's Head. I have a property across the bay, but it seemed like it would be fun to go someplace different and just relax. And that's exactly what we did. The owners Paul and Frank were terrific - Frank was working a lot, but Paul hovered and made sure everything was perfect. They were charming company the morning we left - they allowed us to have a late checkout as the Inn wasn't too busy being off season, which was a delight not having to run around. The breakfast bar was nice, and I got my oatmeal even at 11, as I had the opportunity to sleep in. Coffee is 24 hours. Great touch. Our room was HUGE with a cathedral ceiling. The bedding was top-notch, and the room was spotless. Some of the furniture is a bit dated (a king bed in the giant room would be great), but in excellent shape. Flat screen TV with DVD player, too. We spent most of our time lounging in the large beautifully kept pool area, and enjoyed some hot tub (clean, clear!) time in the vine-covered lanai under which the hot tub lived. The rate is about the same as the hotel I stayed at in Rehoboth proper a few years, but SO much nicer. I loved the gym - very well equipped, and ALL of the equipment worked. Although it was not a pro-gym, there was plenty of weight and equipment that I got a decent work-out, and didn't have to leave the property. I have stayed at some amazing hotels, and the gym rivaled the best of them. I will look forward to going back for a quiet escape again in the future. A B and B is an on-going adventure - I can't wait to see what Paul and Frank do in the next year.

Room Tip: The Essex, Wessex and Sussex rooms are just off the pool and are large. i'll choose those first...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your feedback. The furniture is always a work in progress. The idea of king size beds will be taken into consideration. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities the Inn offers. We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my first vacation at rams head. I had read the reviews and decided to give it a try in spite of the number of negative reviews on trip advisor.
First of all, the location is far from the beach and the place is not worthy of the rates they are charging for the rooms. No, I didn't enjoy the breakfast as the only difference is a waffle. I would rather they lower the price of the rooms and lose the waffles and flavored coffee, This seems to be what the owners are most proud and think guests want.
My observation was that the owners falsely think it is a great place and don't want to here any comments or suggestions. There was a large amount of dried leaves in the hot tub enclosure, a broken deck chair and a rotting uneven deck by the pool. I was going to point this out to the owners but decided not to complain when I heard one of the owner's (Paul) response to a guest's comment "this is my house and I don't care what you think".

Now, after returning and rereading the reviews, I should have read between the lines at the owners comments after a negative review. If you believe their comments, you are in for a rude awakening on your visit

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I am very suspicious of the nature of this review. I don't even know where to begin. All I can state is that the fact that you took the advise of a returning guest must speak for itself. My guests continue to return. Dried leaves in the hot tub.. I don't think so. Rotting deck- absolutely false. I find it disturbing that you gave my supposed competitor a glowing review the exact same time you are bashing my establishment.
I welcome true and sincere constructive comments anytime. I again, offer anyone reading these negative comments to call, email, or visit to ask questions or see for yourself how wonderful the Inn truly is.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading the last 3 or so reviews, I want to go the that Rams Head and not the one in Rehoboth that I was at in early August. The way these three reviews describe the place and defend the owners is strange and suspicious. I am sorry but these last reviews are not the true Rams Head. I found the place run down and lacking basic upkeep both inside and outside. The internet in one of the most expensive outside rooms only worked if I was in the doorway and registered at 1.2 mbps at best, hardly enough for basic surfing. The owners lack people skills and in fact were discourteous. My partner and I have already decided that we will never go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Rams Head Inn. I always appreciate hearing feedback from my guests. I do question the rhyme or reason for such an inaccurate depiction of the Inn. I suppose everyone sees things through their own eyes. I invite anyone who reads your review to check out the Inn for themselves and determine what is factual. The website complete with photos speaks for itself. In any case, thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I had the good fortune to land a room from Aug. 23 to Aug. 26th at The Ramshead Inn. The new owners Paul & Frank were delightful, helpful and charming. They have upgraded an older, tired Inn since they took over. My room The Wessex was large, nicely appointed and very clean. The pool, hot tub, patio, gardens & gym were lovely. Continental breakfast was very appetizing ... cereal, hot waffles, toast, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, selection of coffees & teas plus one of the Inn Keepers entertaing personalities making you laugh all through breakfast almost a fun side show worth the price of admission in itself ! I highly recommend a stay at this charming Gay B & B !

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Rams Head Inn? Share your experiences!