“never going back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rams Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rams Head Inn
Save Saved
You added Rams Head Inn to your Saves list
35006 Warrington Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“never going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading the last 3 or so reviews, I want to go the that Rams Head and not the one in Rehoboth that I was at in early August. The way these three reviews describe the place and defend the owners is strange and suspicious. I am sorry but these last reviews are not the true Rams Head. I found the place run down and lacking basic upkeep both inside and outside. The internet in one of the most expensive outside rooms only worked if I was in the doorway and registered at 1.2 mbps at best, hardly enough for basic surfing. The owners lack people skills and in fact were discourteous. My partner and I have already decided that we will never go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Rams Head Inn. I always appreciate hearing feedback from my guests. I do question the rhyme or reason for such an inaccurate depiction of the Inn. I suppose everyone sees things through their own eyes. I invite anyone who reads your review to check out the Inn for themselves and determine what is factual. The website complete with photos speaks for itself. In any case, thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts.

Frank

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I had the good fortune to land a room from Aug. 23 to Aug. 26th at The Ramshead Inn. The new owners Paul & Frank were delightful, helpful and charming. They have upgraded an older, tired Inn since they took over. My room The Wessex was large, nicely appointed and very clean. The pool, hot tub, patio, gardens & gym were lovely. Continental breakfast was very appetizing ... cereal, hot waffles, toast, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, selection of coffees & teas plus one of the Inn Keepers entertaing personalities making you laugh all through breakfast almost a fun side show worth the price of admission in itself ! I highly recommend a stay at this charming Gay B & B !

• Stayed August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Inn several times and it is one of the best places we have stayed. Paul and Frank are the PEFECT host and do everything to make sure that your stay is AWESOME. They have a wonderful breakfast with fresh baked waffles and breads. They have a full equipped gym and a GREAT 12 man hot tube that is always crystal clear and the perfect temperature. The grounds are well groomed and my partner and I LOVE to get away for some R&R at the Rams Head. So take my advice its the BEST Inn in Rohoboth. 5 STARS!

Room Tip: We have stayed in several of the rooms and they have been very spacious and clean
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am happy that you enjoy the Inn and all it has to offer. Paul and I certainly try and do our best to provide our guests with a good experience. We look forward to your return.

Frank
Hunt Valley, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had great expectations of staying at this clothing optional, male resort! OMG!

But it really was just an average place despite my great expectations. While I don't consider myself a "snob"....I do expect that a B & B, (especially a "gay" B & B), would be clean and the hosts would pay more attention to details. For example, dirty ashtrays were everywhere. Weeds were popping up in the patio, and there was dog poo that wasn't perfectly cleaned up on the patio (where men walked bare foot).
I also wasn't impressed with the breakfast fare....which was heavy on carbs, and without any real culinary delights.
The worst part was a VERY SQUEAKY bed. We had been promised the "best room" and what we got was less than the best.
I guess I should tolerate all of that for the chance to be in a gay resort such as this, and I may go back again sometime just for the opportunity. But, it was really a disappointment, if I am to be honest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been going to Rams Head for a few years and this year was really strange. Owner Paul opened the door and immediately acted as if we were bothering him and didn't care if we stayed or not. No welcome back, no how was your trip, no conversation at all, just give me your credit card. Later, talking to the other guests, Paul's behavior was the main topic of discussion. He made us all feel so uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I am very sorry that your stay felt uncomfortable. I am glad to hear that Paul's greetings in the past have been mentioned. I am certain that you were made aware that we just lost our beloved Brok ( our dog). Paul is still upset and just beginning to grieve that loss. This is why Paul was reserved.

It is also true that certain behaviors on your part were inappropriate. Several guests came to me asking that I rectify this issue. This is probably why it was the topic since it was discussed with those parties involved. I can only say that we try our best to accommodate our guests, update the property, and give our guests a good experience each time they visit. However, it is also the guests responsibility to adhere to a few simple rules.

Sellersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our first time there,from the monument we got there we were made to feel at home.Paul and Frank the owners and inn keepers were great.they were very accommodating on several occasions when they had to go to the store they would ask if we needed anything.the property is very beautiful from the pool,hot tub and the entire atmosphere.we wanted to stay one more night but we had to get home. We will definitely return

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaware City, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Have been here about 9 times now. Love this place. Paul (the owner) has always been pleasant and helpful each time I've been here. The rooms are large and the inside rooms are right where the action is. The TV remote wasn't working correctly - went to the office and Paul had the problem resolved within 10 minutes. From my experience, the weekdays, like most places, have less people but Friday and Saturday make up for it as there are many more people around to check out. As with any gay resort it's what you make of it. If you're looking to have a fling with someone this is a good place to be. Each time I had my eye on someone (or them on me) it turned out to be a 5 star experience. Can't wait to go here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rams Head Inn? Share your experiences!