“AWESOME INN AND WONDERFUL OWNERS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rams Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rams Head Inn
Save Saved
You added Rams Head Inn to your Saves list
35006 Warrington Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“AWESOME INN AND WONDERFUL OWNERS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Inn several times and it is one of the best places we have stayed. Paul and Frank are the PEFECT host and do everything to make sure that your stay is AWESOME. They have a wonderful breakfast with fresh baked waffles and breads. They have a full equipped gym and a GREAT 12 man hot tube that is always crystal clear and the perfect temperature. The grounds are well groomed and my partner and I LOVE to get away for some R&R at the Rams Head. So take my advice its the BEST Inn in Rohoboth. 5 STARS!

Room Tip: We have stayed in several of the rooms and they have been very spacious and clean
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am happy that you enjoy the Inn and all it has to offer. Paul and I certainly try and do our best to provide our guests with a good experience. We look forward to your return.

Frank

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hunt Valley, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had great expectations of staying at this clothing optional, male resort! OMG!

But it really was just an average place despite my great expectations. While I don't consider myself a "snob"....I do expect that a B & B, (especially a "gay" B & B), would be clean and the hosts would pay more attention to details. For example, dirty ashtrays were everywhere. Weeds were popping up in the patio, and there was dog poo that wasn't perfectly cleaned up on the patio (where men walked bare foot).
I also wasn't impressed with the breakfast fare....which was heavy on carbs, and without any real culinary delights.
The worst part was a VERY SQUEAKY bed. We had been promised the "best room" and what we got was less than the best.
I guess I should tolerate all of that for the chance to be in a gay resort such as this, and I may go back again sometime just for the opportunity. But, it was really a disappointment, if I am to be honest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been going to Rams Head for a few years and this year was really strange. Owner Paul opened the door and immediately acted as if we were bothering him and didn't care if we stayed or not. No welcome back, no how was your trip, no conversation at all, just give me your credit card. Later, talking to the other guests, Paul's behavior was the main topic of discussion. He made us all feel so uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I am very sorry that your stay felt uncomfortable. I am glad to hear that Paul's greetings in the past have been mentioned. I am certain that you were made aware that we just lost our beloved Brok ( our dog). Paul is still upset and just beginning to grieve that loss. This is why Paul was reserved.

It is also true that certain behaviors on your part were inappropriate. Several guests came to me asking that I rectify this issue. This is probably why it was the topic since it was discussed with those parties involved. I can only say that we try our best to accommodate our guests, update the property, and give our guests a good experience each time they visit. However, it is also the guests responsibility to adhere to a few simple rules.

Sellersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our first time there,from the monument we got there we were made to feel at home.Paul and Frank the owners and inn keepers were great.they were very accommodating on several occasions when they had to go to the store they would ask if we needed anything.the property is very beautiful from the pool,hot tub and the entire atmosphere.we wanted to stay one more night but we had to get home. We will definitely return

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaware City, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Have been here about 9 times now. Love this place. Paul (the owner) has always been pleasant and helpful each time I've been here. The rooms are large and the inside rooms are right where the action is. The TV remote wasn't working correctly - went to the office and Paul had the problem resolved within 10 minutes. From my experience, the weekdays, like most places, have less people but Friday and Saturday make up for it as there are many more people around to check out. As with any gay resort it's what you make of it. If you're looking to have a fling with someone this is a good place to be. Each time I had my eye on someone (or them on me) it turned out to be a 5 star experience. Can't wait to go here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Yardley, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at the Rams Head for an extended weekend and we are looking forward to going back. The rooms are clean and tasteful. Only complaint being our bed was noisy and needed to be fixed.Frank and Paul were extremely friendly and went out of their way to accommodate you..Pool clean and hot tub well maintained .Nice selection of pastry, fruit and juices for your wake-up. Rates are competitive.

Room Tip: Pool most rooms face pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

beautiful facility. NO internet ifi you have newer Macs altho owners refuse to admit that it is THEIR internet -- the guests are wrong they are right. First day, no breakfast, the partner of the owner slept in! Waited till 8:45 am --later in the day, I was told i should have helped myself. Smoking around the pool so if you are a smoker this is the place for you Plantings need weeding trimming. Basically one owner works and I guess his partner is supposed to do all the other work. Dried grass on the pavement as you approach the front door -- this was there for three days. If you like dogs, good, because these two dogs are everywhere including dog droppings on the grass by the entrance to the play area. <The entrance to which is also over grown> Cigarette butts in the ashtrays not emptied. For >$200 a night I expect a bit more than a nice room. But the owners apparently know they have a gold mine and could care less about guest satisfaction.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ramsheadinn, Owner at Rams Head Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I did in fact tell you that my IT people were working in the problem. It was in fact corrected. I also want to mention that you are welcome for the room upgrade at no additional charge. I did apologize for the mix up with breakfast. You told me not to worry about it. According to your review, you had an unpleasant experience. Why then did you stay until almost 4pm when check out was at 11am? This extended stay also without charge. Apparently, you weren't too displeased with the Inn.
I do apologize for some grass clippings on the front sidewalk. I do try to maintain the property. Yes, I do work outside the Inn, but also do quite a bit as most guests will attest too.
Frank

Been to Rams Head Inn? Share your experiences!