“overpriced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rams Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rams Head Inn
35006 Warrington Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Cleveland, Ohio
“overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We did not have a good experience at Rams Head. The room was dark and depressing and being in the main house, we had no control of the AC and it was too cold. The room was not clean and when something rolled under the bed i found it was discusting with a layer of dust and garbage. There was also a safety issues with the lock on the door, as you needed your key to open it. If there was a fire you couldn't get out until you located your key. There were only 3 other guests during a prime summer week and the owners were always watching you to the point of making you uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

well we just returned home from a few days at the rams head......i will sum it up and say that our hosts, frank and paul where wonderful. they made sure that we had what we needed. our room was tidy, pool was nice and yes they do have ground rules but with all good reason. if you like waffles with fresh fruit, 20+ hot beverages, many types of juices, ect. to start the day, you will be set. as discriminating travelers, my partner and i look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: we stayed in the wessex and that was convient and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Staying at Rams Head was an uncomfortable experience. We arrived on a Tuesday and were the only guests there for three days. By the weekend, there was a total of 4 rooms occupied out of 10 or so. Seems no one stays there during the week. Found the place not to be properly cleaned and in need of major renovations. Everything is so dated. The owner Paul also contributed to our bad experience. Who wants this older guy always lurking about and in your face. We tried our best to avoid him but he was always present always watching. The room rates are much too overpriced for what little is offered. The inn is located in an isolated area and far from the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel before I checked the Tripadvisor reviews and was a bit worried, but thankfully everything was great!
The place is clean or cleaner than most of the big chains I stay at, including the pool and hot tub. The breakfast is decent and there were a bunch of friendly guests in the dining room each morning to compare local sightseeing with.
We will definetly be back.

• Stayed July 2012
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have stayed at Rams Head many times over the years under both sets of owners. This new owner Paul is really something. He ruined my trip with his constant interferience. He wants to control where you go, who you talk to and what you do at the Inn. If he doesn't see you around, he goes looking for you. You can't get away from this guy as he is always present and always watching. His constant spying and embarassing comments are a real turn-off. The inn has steadily gone down hill as he prefers to act as a guest instead of cleaning and updating the place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Nags Head, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Wow, since my last visit to the Rams Head Inn, there have been many wonderful improvements. Paul and Frank have worked to improve the Inn as well as the property. I felt the property is still clean and well maintained and improved upon with many upgrades. As always I felt welcomed by Paul and Frank. I enjoyed my stay once again, and have already made plans for a return visit.

Room Tip: The rooms are all larger than an average hotel room. The outside rooms hold the view of the courtyar...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I am here planning my summer vacation when I stopped to think about how I once always looked forward to staying at the Rams Head Inn when Ron and Rob were the inn keepers. Ron and Rob were gentlemen who were friendly and showed respect to all the guests. They gave the guests privacy so they could socialize without the feeling that “someone is looking over your shoulder all the time.
Shortly after the sale of the inn, I vacationed there in June 2010 and then realized that is not the same friendly, relaxing place it had been. As many past reviews posted, Paul would not give me any privacy, always trying to make “ small talk” when I either wanted to relax by myself soaking up the sun, or try to better “get to know’ one of the guests. What a shame! This place could be a “gold mine” if the new owners would LEARN from all the NEGATIVE comments posted on here, and/or ask for help from Ron and Rob as to what made their B&B so successful.
Last July, I thought I would pay another visit and give it another chance. And once again, I was EXTEMELY DISAPPOINTED and vowed I will never go there again! The NEW OWNERS have made minimal changes to the décor in which no major improvements such as carpeting, painting, nor updating to flat screen televisions had been made. However, the # 1 complaint listed on Trip Advisor that I have found to be TRUE is the new owner Paul is a very arrogant chain smoker that spends the majority of his time “spying and mingling” with the paying guests when he should be “ out of sight and out of mind” doing the NECESSARY housekeeping so that the guests can socialize with other guests. I will never be able to forget sitting in the hot tub, 10 feet from one of the other guests, when Paul came in and in a loud, arrogant, and serious voice shouted, “Don’t have sex in here!”, even though we were getting to know each other by discussing our political views. How embarrassing it was for both of us! Do not get me wrong, it is fine to be “friendly” (Like Ron was), but to be continuously “bothering” guests is totally out of line (even if you are the inn‘s owner. One guest told me that Paul said that Rams Head is HIS house and he will do what he pleases). With that attitude it is very evident Paul has not been educated in the hospitality business.

I will NOT be return to Rams Head until I start reading Trip Advisor Reviews that give many more positive comments about their visits where the #1 Complaint of “spying and mingling” is not mentioned! I doubt this will happen, so I will have to wait and pray for these guys to “lose” the inn, and return when there are NEW OWNERS!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Rams Head Inn? Share your experiences!