“Cleanest hotel I have had in years!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rams Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rams Head Inn
Save Saved
You added Rams Head Inn to your Saves list
35006 Warrington Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Cleanest hotel I have had in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel before I checked the Tripadvisor reviews and was a bit worried, but thankfully everything was great!
The place is clean or cleaner than most of the big chains I stay at, including the pool and hot tub. The breakfast is decent and there were a bunch of friendly guests in the dining room each morning to compare local sightseeing with.
We will definetly be back.

• Stayed July 2012

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have stayed at Rams Head many times over the years under both sets of owners. This new owner Paul is really something. He ruined my trip with his constant interferience. He wants to control where you go, who you talk to and what you do at the Inn. If he doesn't see you around, he goes looking for you. You can't get away from this guy as he is always present and always watching. His constant spying and embarassing comments are a real turn-off. The inn has steadily gone down hill as he prefers to act as a guest instead of cleaning and updating the place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Nags Head, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Wow, since my last visit to the Rams Head Inn, there have been many wonderful improvements. Paul and Frank have worked to improve the Inn as well as the property. I felt the property is still clean and well maintained and improved upon with many upgrades. As always I felt welcomed by Paul and Frank. I enjoyed my stay once again, and have already made plans for a return visit.

Room Tip: The rooms are all larger than an average hotel room. The outside rooms hold the view of the courtyar...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I am here planning my summer vacation when I stopped to think about how I once always looked forward to staying at the Rams Head Inn when Ron and Rob were the inn keepers. Ron and Rob were gentlemen who were friendly and showed respect to all the guests. They gave the guests privacy so they could socialize without the feeling that “someone is looking over your shoulder all the time.
Shortly after the sale of the inn, I vacationed there in June 2010 and then realized that is not the same friendly, relaxing place it had been. As many past reviews posted, Paul would not give me any privacy, always trying to make “ small talk” when I either wanted to relax by myself soaking up the sun, or try to better “get to know’ one of the guests. What a shame! This place could be a “gold mine” if the new owners would LEARN from all the NEGATIVE comments posted on here, and/or ask for help from Ron and Rob as to what made their B&B so successful.
Last July, I thought I would pay another visit and give it another chance. And once again, I was EXTEMELY DISAPPOINTED and vowed I will never go there again! The NEW OWNERS have made minimal changes to the décor in which no major improvements such as carpeting, painting, nor updating to flat screen televisions had been made. However, the # 1 complaint listed on Trip Advisor that I have found to be TRUE is the new owner Paul is a very arrogant chain smoker that spends the majority of his time “spying and mingling” with the paying guests when he should be “ out of sight and out of mind” doing the NECESSARY housekeeping so that the guests can socialize with other guests. I will never be able to forget sitting in the hot tub, 10 feet from one of the other guests, when Paul came in and in a loud, arrogant, and serious voice shouted, “Don’t have sex in here!”, even though we were getting to know each other by discussing our political views. How embarrassing it was for both of us! Do not get me wrong, it is fine to be “friendly” (Like Ron was), but to be continuously “bothering” guests is totally out of line (even if you are the inn‘s owner. One guest told me that Paul said that Rams Head is HIS house and he will do what he pleases). With that attitude it is very evident Paul has not been educated in the hospitality business.

I will NOT be return to Rams Head until I start reading Trip Advisor Reviews that give many more positive comments about their visits where the #1 Complaint of “spying and mingling” is not mentioned! I doubt this will happen, so I will have to wait and pray for these guys to “lose” the inn, and return when there are NEW OWNERS!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My first visit and definitely will be my last visit at this old out dated run down dive. The service was terrible, the cleanliness was far less than professional and the owner (Paul) was real intrusive. I sense the owners are in some kind of delerium with which their actions dictate they are proud of this place. The music they played was like something from a late 70's disco bar (you know the ones we want to forget) I agree with the other review 100%. The furnishings are almost like from a thrift store, dusty and gloomy and do not work well with the colors. My advise would be they convert it to a haunted house, that would be more fitting. I use to stay at anyone of the chain hotels and always paid less and got more. Awe... if you want to go stare at a bunch of old naked men, might be the place for you then. The other guy that was there (only other guest) said the place went to he** in a hurry and said it use to be much nicer. I was told I only had 2 rooms to choose from yet they only had one other room rented. Also I didn't like the way Paul kept gazing at my body and making other gestures. I cut my stay short and left early. His remarks about the play area and joining me back there was the end for me. I'm not attracted to flaming melo dramatics. I had hoped to meet Mr. Right and instead I met two Mr. wrongs. Television reception was poor, limited channels, room smelled musty, towels and linens seemed stiff/rough. Hey!! don't they have a school for guys like these to get educated to operate a BNB? they should track down whoever owned it before and get some help or at least hire someone that was in the business because it is obvious these guys do not know what they are doing. Finally the pool was dirty and the hot tub was even worse. I was offended when Paul ask me to not have sex in the hot tub. Uh hum!!! Pardon me!! but I don't think I would be caught dead having sex in the hot tub or in public, so for him to assume that I was some type of tramp only proves that they know what they are operating there. Guys like me definitely do not fit in there. I do appreciate a nice naked body, a nice room, friendly chit chat and meeting nice people but to assume that I am staying at the Rams head Inn for a pick up, a orgy or to openly have a sexual liason kind of shows where his mind is at. My words of wisdom for the owners would be to get your heads out of your ***** and focus on what's important, laundry, cleaning, quality surroundings with quality music, staying out of sight and just being behind the scenes. If you can't do that, then you just simply own a cheap run down large home that is poorly decorated and in a bad location. I will say the Bed was comfortable even though I seen his shadow lurking outside my room, so I didn't sleep well. I expect this place to be closed by the end of 2012.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I wish the owners would visit one of the fine gay B&B in Florida, like Fort Lauderdale. They evidently need to see how the other places run and how the other owners interact with the guests. I find that the owners at Rams Head have a clouded view on what they think the guest expect and want. Provide the basics first, a clean room at a reasonable price. Lose the blue and gold outfits, we know who you are and leave the socializing with the guests to a minimum.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New Providence, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I read the previous reviews and tried it out anyway. Big mistake. The pool is not heated and unusable late in the season. Housekeeping was poor. The room was poorly furnished in an odd assortment of thrift store pieces. There wasn't even a door on the bathroom. The TV was old and had limited channels. The one owner, Paul, was a pain and I did my best to avoid him.
The price was really high for such an old and poorly serviced inn.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Rams Head Inn? Share your experiences!