“Wish I could afford summer rates” 5 of 5 stars

Oceanus Motel
6 Second Street, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Bel Air
“Wish I could afford summer rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have stayed a couple of times during September for five days at a time. My problem in doing this review is that I am afraid they will raise their rates and I will no longer be able to afford it. We like the location, it's clean, the staff is super helpful (Ellen), no problem with noise. My complaint would be with the bathroom door; if they opened to the other side, it would be a lot more convenient getting in and out of the shower/tub. We very much enjoyed our visit. Pat and Ingo Rucker.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed there in August 2012. The rooms were clean and pleasant, but the pool was too chilly and the staff were very unfriendly. I wasn't thrilled with the hotel, but didn't feel compelled to give a negative rating until tonight. As we were leaving Rehoboth Beach, I lost a purse with a few sentimental possessions (and ID) inside. Apparently, I lost it in a parking lot near the hotel, with my hotel receipt inside. A kind person found it and returned it to the hotel, since they could trace me through the receipt. I had called the hotel to ask if they found it, told them that there were items of sentimental value, and left a contact number but they never bothered to contact me. Instead, they contacted the person who found it two months later, and returned it to her as they cleaned out their lost and found. Thankfully, she was nice enough to send it back to me at her own expense. I'm very disappointed that after spending $1500 at this hotel and clearly reaching out to them, that they wouldn't call me back either when they found it or when they were clearing out their lost and found. I would certainly never stay here again or ever recommend it to anyone - not sure why would they would treat a guest so poorly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OceanusMotel, General Manager at Oceanus Motel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Feedback both positive & negative helps our staff improve everyday. My staff unfortunately has no recollection of your purse coming into our lost & found. We have an extensive system in place where each item that is turned in is cataloged, bag, and recorded. The woman that returned your purse may not have turned it in to us & sent it back to you when she remembered it was still in her possession. I apologize that this incident occurred during your stay in Rehoboth Beach. Our staff here at The Oceanus works hard to ensure that every guests' stay is pleasurable and is the best that it can be. From all of us at The Oceanus we wish you the very best.

-JB Moore
Camp Hill, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice motel, great location two blocks from beach and boardwalk and half a block from the avenue, yet relatively quiet. Nice outdoor pool, too. Staff was great and room was very clean. Would stay here again definitely.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 4 nites after labor day, so the rates were great! My room, 324 had a peak-a-boo view of the ocean, which was nice. The updated rooms are nice, not luxury, but perfect for a few days at the beach. Just two blocks from the boardwalk and steps to many shops and restaurants, the location can't be beat. Ample free parking was a big plus.
The pool area had nice new furniture and the pool was nice but it is a bit close to the street and I felt could be made a tad more private with creative fencing.
Everyone who works here is very pleasant and I will most likely stay here again. The Oceanus is light years better than the Sandcastle, where I have stayed once before, but never again. 5 days of cloudless mid-seventys weather was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed September 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Been to Rehoboth many times but never stayed at this motel. Got a great deal online so decided to give it a try. We will definitely stay there again! This facility was just renovated a year ago and looks very nice. The staff has informed me that there are other renovations in the works soon. Comfortable beds, nice linens and towels, unstained carpeting, beautiful grouted tile floors, granite sink and vanity, plenty of hanging storage for clothes, more than sufficient A/C that was not noisy, crystal clear pool, comfortable lounge chairs at the pool (and enough for the busy times). The staff is SUPER friendly from housekeeping up to the front desk person. Me being a coffee hound, I enjoyed the free coffee in the morning that was VERY GOOD! Each morning when I got my coffee I was ALWAYS invited back for more. These people made my vacation one of the best I've ever had! Keep up the good work, Oceanus personnel! We will see you folks again! Thanks!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Not a fancy motel but for the money, you can't beat it. Rooms were clean and quiet. Very nice outdoor pool facility. Within walking distance to the beach, shops, and restaurants. All the rooms are pool side. We would definitely come back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pool side. The motel is three stories with no elevator so I would suggest a first...