“Great to be back” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Egg Harbor Township
“Great to be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I hadn't been to Rehoboth in about 3 years, and was excited to return. In the past I had stayed at the Oceanus, and loved it. I travel with my 13 year old son, with special needs. We were both happy to return to the Oceanus. The staff even remembered us! The remodeled rooms looked great. As always, the room was clean, the staff very friendly, and the pool very clean. It's centrally located, making it easy to walk everywhere. And everytime we've been there, the guests we encountered were friendly as well. I hope to back in the fall!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Palmerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We decided to go to Rehobeth Beach, DE last minute after going to DC & we chose this motel to stay at. We were please with the fact that they updated the rooms since the last time we stayed here. I hate hotels & motels that don't put money back into their rooms. This hotel is nice for several reasons 1) nice pool 2) close to shopping district 3) only 2 blocks to beach. Be careful of some of the name brand hotels which say they are at Rehobeth Beach but are really 4 or more miles away & on Highway 1. The 2 things I was slightly disappointed in was the bathroom smelled a bit like urine & if the parking lot is full in the front you have to park in the alley. This is behind the hotel & you can't see your car from your room which I feel isn't safe. In addition the restuarant behind was constantly getting deliveries & made it hard to get in & out. Just so you know what to expect to for a room here with a King bed & pull out couch in August $230 a night including tax. Which I think is a little high but you only live once as the saying goes. The one thing missing from Rehobeth Beach in general is they need more mini golf courses.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with updated rooms, lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Only problem we encountered was finding it. Their actual address does not work in an gps systems, not even onstar. They need to put a notice in their website to tell visitors to plug in the address of 207 second street to their gps, that will get them here. Overall a good value compared to other hotels I had researched.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Oceanus with our son (9 months old) for a week. The location of this motel can't be beat (the only way it could be better is if it were right on the beach). Everything you could possibly want is walkable (shops, restaurants, the beach). The facility was clean and well maintained. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return to the Oceanus!

Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Hotel was extreamly clean and the staff was so friendly. The hotel was pretty crowded but we didn't hear a sound at night which was great. Its in walking distance to the avenue as well. Pool was very clean and it lights up at night! Great Place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wasn't sure that I could pull off a last minute quick beach retreat for myself, my daughter and her friends. I searched high and low and read more reviews than I wanted to. I highly recommend this little gem of a motel. Super clean and modern. Centrally located and I never had to move my car for three days, which means I never had to worry about getting back to a parking meter. Two long blocks to the beach made it easy access. I knew this was going to be a pleasant stay from the check in. Management noticed that I had three teenage girls and they immediately called housekeeping to stock more towels in the room before I even was handed the key. Motels can sometimes be scary, rundown, and not located in the best places, but I can honestly say I had no complaints about this motel. The refrigerator/microwave made it convenient for snacks and drinks. Beds were comfy and clean. Thanks for a great stay and we'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Have been coming to this motel on occasion for 30 years. It has great virtues. It is not too far from the beach ( 2 long blocks) and near to restaurants and shops since it is only a half block off the main drag. The down side is that it can be noisy late night not so much from the people in the motel but when you are close to the street you hear all the late night yells from those in the street as well as some of the music. It is a good value relative to other choices in downtown Rehobeth Beach. The staff was very attentive and competent. Rooms are clean and comfortable but not fancy. Nice to be in a place where you can park your car and walk to everything.

Room Tip: ask to be far from the street, and perhaps high up