“This motel is a gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“This motel is a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wasn't sure that I could pull off a last minute quick beach retreat for myself, my daughter and her friends. I searched high and low and read more reviews than I wanted to. I highly recommend this little gem of a motel. Super clean and modern. Centrally located and I never had to move my car for three days, which means I never had to worry about getting back to a parking meter. Two long blocks to the beach made it easy access. I knew this was going to be a pleasant stay from the check in. Management noticed that I had three teenage girls and they immediately called housekeeping to stock more towels in the room before I even was handed the key. Motels can sometimes be scary, rundown, and not located in the best places, but I can honestly say I had no complaints about this motel. The refrigerator/microwave made it convenient for snacks and drinks. Beds were comfy and clean. Thanks for a great stay and we'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Have been coming to this motel on occasion for 30 years. It has great virtues. It is not too far from the beach ( 2 long blocks) and near to restaurants and shops since it is only a half block off the main drag. The down side is that it can be noisy late night not so much from the people in the motel but when you are close to the street you hear all the late night yells from those in the street as well as some of the music. It is a good value relative to other choices in downtown Rehobeth Beach. The staff was very attentive and competent. Rooms are clean and comfortable but not fancy. Nice to be in a place where you can park your car and walk to everything.

Room Tip: ask to be far from the street, and perhaps high up
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We just returned from a 2-night stay and found the newly renovated property quite pleasant. I had made reservations for my husband and myself, and for another family who was traveling with us as well. We had to cancel our original plans due to unforeseen circumstances, and I was grateful and relieved that they were very accommodating in letting us re-book for a later date with no penalty (thank you, Ellen). Our rooms were clean and the bed/pillows were comfy. The room included a mini-fridge and microwave. The ice machine was nearby. There's a nice pool just steps away, and the beach is a walkable two blocks. The motel is just a block from Rehoboth Ave. and it's a straight shot down Second St. to get to Dewey or the highway to Ocean City. We enjoyed our stay and will use this location again in the future.

DC Metro area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is my second review of the motel as I stayed here last year and said I'd come back. Spent three nights this time and what a great value. We had a room on the second floor, double beds. All the rooms face the pool. The room was very clean, and it's great to have the flat screen tv, microwave, and fridge. Free parking on site. The location is perfect as you're only two blocks from the beach and boardwalk and about 1/2 block in off the main street. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Not a negative thing to say about staying here. Look forward to staying again next summer.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

During the recent storms and power outages in the DC area, we did the only logical thing which was to take an impromptu trip to the beach while things sorted themselves out at home. Hotel space was limited as many had the same idea and we booked at the Oceanus as it was open, had a pool and wasn't too far from the beach. Turns out we made a good choice. This hotel is no-frills, but it is clean, the staff was friendly, professional and accomodating. The pool is clean and well cared for. Parking was adequate and they are serious about guests only, so there is a spot open for you if you are staying there. The beach is about a ten minute walk and you are very close to the Rehoboth main avenue with it's restuarants and shops. For a beach motel, we were pleasantly suprised and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The top rooms give you more of a view and remove you a bit from the street noise.
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

A perfect location for a weekend escape. We have returned several times and were never disappointed. The accommodations have always been very clean - this time the rooms were recently renovated! Friendly faces at check-in and our room was ready early. A great place to park and walk to town, restaurants and beach. Ample parking. We look forward to our next trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and 1 year old daughter stayed here for two nights in June. We checked in late at night and the staff was very friendly. We were directed to our room, which was very clean. There are a lot of really great restaurants within walking distance. The beach is a bit of a walk away, but not too bad. Overall, I would stay here again for a long weekend.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Oceanus Motel? Share your experiences!